help me with this ABY circuit? i'm at the end of my rope!

help me with this ABY circuit? i'm at the end of my rope!

adapt
hi guys, so i am building this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/al_heeley/ABY.jpg

except i added a buffer and a volume knob for "A" and "B."

so, everything works as it should, except the the LEDs. the "Y" LED is only active when "B" is engaged. when just "A" is engaged, "Y" won't light up.

i've checked over my wiring about a hundred times. i am absolutely sure that everything is followed correctly. i feel like the diagram must be messed up somehow. i am about to pull my hair out over here!

Re: help me with this ABY circuit? i'm at the end of my rope!

Timoren
The only way I can see that happening is if you some how have the "Y" LED in series with the "B" LED. The layout makes perfect since. You're LEDs should be completely independent from one another.

Re: help me with this ABY circuit? i'm at the end of my rope!

adapt
ah, i had to give the "Y" LED its own 9v rail. which... i dunno, who cares. it works now, that's all i care about. thanks for putting the idea in my head, timoren!

Re: help me with this ABY circuit? i'm at the end of my rope!

Steve E
Sorry to bring up an old thread.  I want to build a buffered aby pedal as well.  Based on your layout, where did you add in the buffer?  I'd like to incorporate the Klon buffer.  Did you put it in on the input side or two of them on the outputs to A and B?  Which would be better or would it operate exactly the same?

Thanks
Steve

Re: help me with this ABY circuit? i'm at the end of my rope!

Beaker
They both have thier merits. However I think the consensus is that it better to one buffer for ouput A, and another for output B.