pedal power on the budget

tjdracz
Don't get me wrong guys,v I'm not trying to advertise anything here.
As my pedal builds collection gets bigger, I started looking at some powering solutions. Ideally isolated outputs to use some positive ground pedals. Geofex Spyder looks like best solution and i was going to order a required transformer from smallbear in us but I found this: http://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_powerplant_junior.htm
At that price it was no-brainer. Parts for spyder would cost me twice as much. Performance? Decent, no noise issues, isolated outputs giving me dead on 9v. And best of all, you get loads of cables, 5 short ones, 5 longer ones, daisy chain and Y cable!
Seriously recommended. Curiously enough, the more expensive non-junior version got non-isolated outs.
Harley Benton seems like Behringer but cheaper. Got their knockoffs and some of their stuff like guitars i just wouldn't touch but some other ones are bargain, like this power supply or celestion-loaded cab for less than speaker inside it cost elsewhere.
Just a heads up for all out you gearheads in Europe :)

Re: pedal power on the budget

Yes I've seen that before, some of the Harley Benton stuff looks pretty good to me and as you say, at that price it's a bargain

Re: pedal power on the budget

If you check under the contributions section I posted a power brick that has 6 +9V outputs, 1 -9V output, and 1 +18V output. It's real easy to build too.

Re: pedal power on the budget

tjdracz
Are outputs on your layout isolated though?

Re: pedal power on the budget

There is a common ground, so it is not isolated. I haven't had any trouble running all 8 outputs at the same time. No hum, buzz, bleeding of the signal, nothing. From what I understand like 95% of the time it doesn't matter having a non isolated power supply. The time it makes the most difference is with some digital effects, and from what I've read mostly Line6 pedals.

Check this out from Beavis Audio