prescription electronics experience

jalmonsalmon
 This one seems to be interesting with that Swell

If already requested, sorry!

CHEERS

Re: prescription electronics experience

jalmonsalmon

for Foxx components...   I suppose the little schema for the swell can be a daughter board?

Re: prescription electronics experience

strassercaster
Did anyone ever do a layout for this fantastic pedal yet? This would be a fun build . I want one and have a buddy that does as well. iI would love to build one or two of these.

Re: prescription electronics experience

strassercaster

Re: prescription electronics experience

Synsound
I may try to put one together when I get some time.
Give a man a match and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Re: prescription electronics experience

Synsound
I started on this today. I'm using the PCB layout above and a couple other off board pics I came across. I'm trying to keep it as compact as I can, which is taking time due to the number of components. I should have the rough layout done within a few days and will begin double checking everything. I hadn't heard this until today. I'm hopeful this works as it is a sweet sounding effect with a lot of options.
Give a man a match and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Re: prescription electronics experience

strassercaster
cool i cant wait to build it

Re: prescription electronics experience

Alex
Done a layout a while back but never posted it.
The "Swell" is a good addition to the Foxx Tone Machine.
Waiting for Synsound to post his layout.

Re: prescription electronics experience

Synsound
Here is what I have so far. I'm sure that it will need work but I thought I would post anyway. I'm pretty new to making layouts and I know others could prob get this to look alot better. Alex i would love to see yours. I Hate that I worked myself into using jumpers to get the 9V supply to multiple places. I think it will need a larger box but I didnt worry too much as it calls for 3 stomps anyway.Suggestions are welcome. I havent even started to proof read yet.

cool would love too see it.

looks pretty good so far. its late and i am tired. everything i checked looked good at a glance. . This is a killer pedal and i cant wait to build it. i have a friend that i want too make it for.

Re: prescription electronics experience

Alex
This post was updated on .
Great layout Synsound but you should double check it because there are a few mistakes.
My original layout had some standing resistors.
Had to move some stuff around to adjust them.

Re: prescription electronics experience

Neil mcNasty
This post was updated on .
Great work guys!
I've been looking at the Swell circuit in order to make a standalone Swell-Box with an FXs loop, but the way they have drawn the switches confuse the hell out of me. Ugliest schematic ever...!

Anyone have a clue to how that section works?
Is it as simple as; the signal passes trough the circuit and comes out at lug 2 of the Swell Pot?
Or does it generate a ground signal that "pulls" the Output signal of the main effect, meaning: signal enters at "Swell lug 2" and triggers the swelling, which then sends a ground signal trough "point C" that connects to the output signal of the main effect?
My logic tells me that the latter version is the correct answer, but some input/a second opinion would be great!

Personally I find this much more interesting as a standalone effect that can be used on any effect of your choice, maybe even as a looper for the whole dirt section of my pedalboard.
That way I can add swells to any active pedal/chain of pedals, wherever and whenever I like...

I noticed a tiny error on Alex's layout:
The 22nf cap at the input of the swell circuit should be 220nf
(0.22uf is 220nf, not 22nf)

Re: prescription electronics experience

Alex
Hi Neil!
This may help:
http://aquataur.hilpold.net/aquataur/musicstuff/foxxtone.html
The 22n instead of 220n was a mod suggested on this link.
There are also other explanations of the Swell part by R.G. Keen on DIY Forum.

Aha!!!
Thanks Alex!

Re: prescription electronics experience

Synsound
Alex it looks like you have this pretty well taken care of. I will bow out as I have other layouts I want to focus on. I'm trying to draw up some fairly easy builds for a intro to DIY pedal building clinic I was asked to do. All of the layabouts are on the site already but I thought it would be better to use my own to avoid conflicts. As you can see from the above layout I'm new to the layout making do it's taking up a bit of my time.
Is your layout verified yet? When I get time, I'd like to try it.

Sent from my rotary phone

That is a freakin sweet layout Alex! I've been craving another tone machine lately so I'm gonna build this for sure

Re: prescription electronics experience

Alex
My original layout was.
I'm pretty sure this one should be good to go but having moved a lot of components around I can't say it's verified.

Re: prescription electronics experience

notnews
Man, that aquataur.at.tf page on the FTM + swell circuit is a great resource.
I would love to help someone here incorporate the aquataur mods to this circuit.. anyone want to dive into these mods with me?

Foxx_-_Tone_Machine_(block_diagram,_by_aquataur.PDF

As linked above, here is the site explaining how to greatly improve the character of the distortion circuit while the octave is engaged and disengaged, adding an appropriate buffer to improve the swell circuit, diode lifting, adding a ROG fetzer valve stage to emulate the input of a tube amp to improve distortion and swell response, and more.

Anyone want to help me with this?

Re: prescription electronics experience

Sergio
Have someone tried this circuit? the swell part of the experience?
http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=77493.0

tHere's a video too, of the swell in action

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2al4eJUecX8