rustbucket ©2015madbean

ξεναγος νεκροπολης
hi there guys.
this is a big one...
so big that i had to break it down to 5 boards.
...and yes...i know...only a crazy one would go vero with this, instead of buying a board..
and as i see those 5 boards...mmm...i think i'll buy this from madbeans...
based on ehx attack decay

JUST LOOK AT THIS!
https://reverb.com/item/104377-electro-harmonix-attack-decay-rare

anyway

it needs 18v 100mA or more as you can read at the pdf on madbeans page

http://www.madbeanpedals.com/projects/Rustbucket/Rustbucket.pdf

http://www.madbeanpedals.com/projects/index.html

and with an other view

Re: rustbucket ©2015madbean

notnews
WOW! Amazing. Thank you for taking the time to do this! I'd love to see gutshots of the fully assembled final product if someone decides to attack this project... I wonder if it's be best to stagger the boards overlaying parts of them over parts of others, or stacking them purely vertically like a skyscraper with spacers between... each of these sub-veros really isn't that large. Laying out the boards inside the enclosure is a work of art in itself! Please post pictures of your build if you undertake this undertaking. I'm super impressed with your work here man, kudos.

Re: rustbucket ©2015madbean

Savvas,  that is utterly amazing!

Re: rustbucket ©2015madbean

ξεναγος νεκροπολης
thanks guys...yeap..
i would stick boards by 2 on the copper side with some double face stickers i have.
in 90 degrees like a cross so that wires won't mess up.
anyway
the problem right now, is that i don't have a second 3080...i've found just one, forgotten in my local electronics store.

i'll definitely build this as soon as i find one more.

the truth is that i didn't searched for a  LM13600/700

but even if i find them, i'm still not an expert on these things, as i mostly read a schem and it's connections, and transfer it to a vero.
i understand how opamps work, but i need to read a bit more on how 13600/700 work compared with 3080, and make  a new layout that uses these ics.

can someone explain how can i do this?which pins are which and staff?

Re: rustbucket ©2015madbean

Muadzin

I'm utterly impressed. And flabbergasted. And if I'm going to build such a thing I'll probably stick to a Madbean board though. There's awesome. There's brilliant. And there's insane. And this layout is definitely all three.

Re: rustbucket ©2015madbean

Ciaran Haslett

Simply unbelievable!!!

RE the 3080s...I used Marks conversion board when I built the Janglebox and it worked 100%.  I've adapted it to include connections for 2 3080's (labelled A and B) below.  Turns out the 13700 is symmetrical.

Re: rustbucket ©2015madbean

ξεναγος νεκροπολης
thanks man!
that's great!

yesterday i was reading all day about this kind of ics.
i've even tried to build one ca3080 using the internal schematic from its datasheet.
but it needs really closed matched transistors...

anyway..
so you think that i could draw a layout that uses just one 13700 for this?

and in that case, does anybody know if i have to add/change something somewhere in the schem, or i just go with the connections as they are shown on Ciaran's picture?

thanks

Re: rustbucket ©2015madbean

Ciaran Haslett
A redraw looks like it could be ALOT of work.  There's plenty going on around those 3080's that drawing it all around a single 13700 might make the layout even bigger.  I'll leave that thought to you, Vero Zen Master

Maybe just do a separate daughter board with a 13700 and fly-wires to the 3080 socket points you've already drawn?  With all thats going on in this layout I don't think a few more wires will matter

There shouldn't be a need to change any components to make this work.  The 13700 only needs one connection to V+ and to V- so you would only have to make those connections from one of the 3080 socket points

Re: rustbucket ©2015madbean

Mark SL
It is verified. I put it together today and it works.

Re: rustbucket ©2015madbean

Frank_NH
Wow!  Excellent Mark.  Sounds like the demos?

And Savvas - great work as usual.

Re: rustbucket ©2015madbean

Ciaran Haslett
Pics...or it didn't happen

Re: rustbucket ©2015madbean

ξεναγος νεκροπολης
that's great news Mark!!!
i'm very happy that it works!
i thought no one was gonna try this, and then here you are one day after verifying it!
thanks!

i'm gonna draw an other layout too that uses one 13700.
basically, this is the only chip i can find here so...
i'll share this one too!

cheers guys!!

Re: rustbucket ©2015madbean

ξεναγος νεκροπολης
here is the one that uses a single 13700 chip
thanks Ciaran for your help with the pins conversion

cheers!

Re: rustbucket ©2015madbean

notnews
Hey MarkSL, you were able to build up the original vero as currently posted and it worked? That's great news, and great work on your part. Thanks! Is there any chance you'd be willing to throw up a quick demo of the effect? Photos of the finished product would be great too.. I'd love to see how you wired all these together and placed them inside the enclosure.

Amazing vero Sav!

Re: rustbucket ©2015madbean

ξεναγος νεκροπολης
the second board i made with the 13700, doesn't work.or at least i couldn't make it work.so don't try this. in the next days, i'll make a new layout with just one board for easier debugging..

this effect is my nightmare.
i won't find peace till i make it sing...

Savvas

Re: rustbucket ©2015madbean

Ciaran Haslett
Hi Savvas....had a quick glance at the layout vs schematic.  The output of the 13700 (pin 12) is floating.  There's a cut under the 4.7uF that shouldn't be there so there's no signal to your B wire to Board 1.  I'll keep looking.

Re: rustbucket ©2015madbean

Ciaran Haslett
The 1uF top left of board 2 needs flipped.  Should be anode to ground.

Re: rustbucket ©2015madbean

ξεναγος νεκροπολης
thanks a lot mate!i've seen those too...but i think i've fried something when i was experimenting with the supply (tried 555 and 7660S style supplies), so i HAVE to rebuild this thing in a new board cause i don't trust it. +having so many wires inside the box would be risky too...

anyway..i think that if i manage to solve the bipolar supply issue+100mA, i'll be a bit closer finding peace with my self...!!!Today, i've found just one LT1054 in a local store (7euros!!!!) and bought it.

so fingers crossed!!!