welding station

MOPO
Hello ,

I want to invest in a welding station, I will like the WELLER ws81 95w

http://www.conrad.fr/ce/fr/product/811810/Station-de-soudage-analogique-Weller-WS-81-95-W-150-450-C?ref=list

............ but it is not given then as currently I use an ANTEX iron and that put by the cord that are too rigid it suits me I look at this welding station ANTEX 660A.

http://www.conrad.fr/ce/fr/product/095260/Station-de-soudage-analogique-Antex-660A-50-W-200-450-C?ref=list

What do you think of the 660A someone would use it?

I never had a welding station so I ask myself a lot of question ...

Thank you

Re: welding station

On my Weller WES51 the cord is nice and flexible. The 50W is more than enough power for anything we do here. I have used it to solder to the back of pots and even directly to the chassis in my amp build so it can pretty much handle any normal electronics work

I love the WES51 personally but most people here prefer the Hakko

Re: welding station

Kinski

Re: welding station

This is what I use, http://www.edsyn.com/product/ST/951SXe.html. Love it. It's built like a tank, 95W professional grade, parts available, and cheap for what you get, under $200usd.

Re: welding station

negativefx
+1 for the WES51.  Haven't tried the Hakko but the Weller has never done me wrong.

Re: welding station

Sensei Tim
+1 for the Hakko. They go on sale regularly.

Re: welding station

Marbles
I like the Hakko too. You cant go wrong with any of the suggestions I think though.

Re: welding station

MOPO
Thank you for the info.
I want to crack for the hakko but in France it is not easy to find.
I found it on ebay it is this one?

http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=222082571493#ht_500wt_1176

Otherwise what breakdowns do you use with this station?

@ +

Re: welding station

Re: welding station

MOPO

Re: welding station

motterpaul
I have been very happy with the Hakko 888 - easy to order new tips and very steady and reliable heat control.

Re: welding station

MOPO