where to buy MN3007?

GeGhostRider
hi everyone, I need a few MN3007 and wanted to know if someone had a good experience with the cheap ones on the bay? they're quite expensive at musikding and above my budget at smallbear. so if you know a trusted seller on the bay please let me know .

Re: where to buy MN3007?

I think I have a few that I got from a seller in the US that weren't too expensive, I'll have to check. The problem with some of the ones on eBay is there have been a lot of fakes.

Re: where to buy MN3007?

Luke51411
http://www.diyguitarpedals.com.au/shop/
He's in Australia, shipping to the US is usually $7 to the US he has lots of good stuff at good prices so it's easy to make the shipping worth it. It typically arrives pretty quickly as well.

Re: where to buy MN3007?

strassercaster
i just bought several off ebay from china polida2008 ,hongkongsuperseller they were all good and if you buy five they are less than a buck a piece. he sells  sets with the mn3101 as well  i tested all of them in working pedals and they all worked.i suggest buying more than one . if your new at this mistakes happen its really easy to bomb a chip or break a leg. the mn3007 were designed in 1969 and have been out of production since the early 80s . plus if you make a mistake like we all do you will want to try a different chip for trouble shooting.

Re: where to buy MN3007?

strassercaster
ya so polida2008 and hongkong superseller. polida was faster by 3 days on delivery and they are very nice to deal with . great communication. it took about 16 days and 19 days for them both. in all fairness i ordered from hongkong superseller on a friday so they are probably about the same. get the 5 chip deal you will be glad you did.i bought five of each mn3101 and mn3007. i ruined one because i busted a leg and another because i had a diode off by a hole ha ha. my fault not theirs

Re: where to buy MN3007?

GeGhostRider
well thank you guys! you've all been helpful and quick. I'll give a try to those ebay sellers you mentioned since they're in my price range. thanx again.

Re: where to buy MN3007?

Muadzin
I've heard several horror stories of Polida where the buyer got fakes and shitty service. So in that sense caveat emptor. Sure you can get cheaper MN3007's, but the cheaper they get, the bigger the chance you will get ripped off or receive crap. I prefer to get my unobtainium parts from trusted sellers, rather then Chinese eBay sellers. Especially in the case of unobtainium parts.

http://lectric-fx.com/ sells MN3007's for $4,50 a pop and http://www.diyguitarpedals.com.au/shop/ can be trusted as well.

Re: where to buy MN3007?

Oddly enough, I haven't had any issues with polida either. I just get more common ICs from them rather then the rare stuff. The funny thing is most of these Chinese companies are the same company with different eBay names. I've heard people in DIYSB mention that they sent questions to 2 different eBay sellers in china and got the same response from the same person. They asked if they were the same company to which he was told yes. So something  to keep in mind some of the company's that are "good" and some that are "bad" are exactly the same people.

Re: where to buy MN3007?

Frank_NH
Just pulled the trigger on this combo MN3007+MN3101 on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131448317144?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Hope it's OK...(fingers crossed)

Re: where to buy MN3007?

Re: where to buy MN3007?

Frank_NH
Thanks Zach!

Re: where to buy MN3007?

GeGhostRider
well the australian site is out of stock for 3007, the us seller on the bay is interesting even if being the other side of the pond shipping is a bit high.
Muadzin : on the Lectric fx site I've noticed a pcb for the ada flanger : have you tried it or any pcb they're offering? how was your experience?
thanx again to all

Re: where to buy MN3007?

tabbycat
have just got a celeste clone theory pcb and am looking for a couple of decent MN3007 in the uk to do it justice (one for the ct itself, and a spare to swap in when trouble shooting so i can be sure that anything i mess up is me and not the ic).
bitsbox, where i get most of my bits, don't do them, and doctor tweek's site is still being rebuilt, which leaves the ebay mob, ie dodge (dodgy) city.

as these chips have a bit of a reputation for being faked, i would be grateful to anyone here who could give me a heads-up re any reliable uk seller they have got good ones from?
GeGhostRider wrote
Muadzin : on the Lectric fx site I've noticed a pcb for the ada flanger : have you tried it or any pcb they're offering? how was your experience?
thanx again to all
hey geghostrider, not muadzin but saw your note about lectric fx and thought i would post a note.

the celeste clone theory pcb i've just got from them looks great. sent quickly, well-packed, nice thick double-sided board, nice clean and solid-looking tracks, big neatly-spaced pads, clean and clear screen print.
haven't built it up yet so can't comment on that side yet, but comes from the best schematic available and is highly recommended by one of the wisest owls on the pedal circuit.
keefe, who deals with the enquiries and customer service side of things there, was also helpful and quick in answering queries re the circuit details. he knows his stuff.
cost £11 inc p&p to uk from us.

am hoping to have it built up, biased and on the board within the month (health permitting), so will report back if you want to wait for more feedback. but my experience with lectric to date inspires confidence, so thought it worth sharing that since you asked.

Re: where to buy MN3007?

I've been dreaming of building that ADA Flanger board.. I love flangers..

I read on the info that you're supposed to have some test equipment to bias this beast which I don't have though. I've thought of trying to bias it by ear, but I really want to hear the best that this thing can offer.

As always, I eagerly await your commentary (regarding the clone theory) Tabbycat :)

Re: where to buy MN3007?

cylens
I happen to have 9 extra MN3007: I bought 10 3 or 4 years ago and only built a Zombie Chorus;

Can't remember where I got them and don't know how to test them to tell you if they're genuine or not... If you want to give it a shot, I'm in France, so I guess it wouldn't be too expensive to ship some to you

Re: where to buy MN3007?

tabbycat
Travis wrote
I've been dreaming of building that ADA Flanger board.. I love flangers..

I read on the info that you're supposed to have some test equipment to bias this beast which I don't have though. I've thought of trying to bias it by ear, but I really want to hear the best that this thing can offer.
hey travis, if you are registered at madbean (some sections are not visible to visitors) there are a few build reports in the sponsors section re the flanger (flintlock) in the lectric fx thread. might find some useful info there. or you can ask in those threads and scruffie or keefe will get back to you.
cylens wrote
I happen to have 9 extra MN3007: I bought 10 3 or 4 years ago and only built a Zombie Chorus;

Can't remember where I got them and don't know how to test them to tell you if they're genuine or not... If you want to give it a shot, I'm in France, so I guess it wouldn't be too expensive to ship some to you
hey cyclens, many thanks for the offer, 'vous êtes un gentleman' (as they say outremanche).

decided to go chinese and bought a 'bunch o' fives' from one of the sellers recommended above (i think).
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5-Panasonic-MN3007-Audio-AMP-Delay-Effect-IC-ICS-AR-/171201168755

if they come back good, others can buy in confidence from there. and if they come back bad... they will rue the day!

Re: where to buy MN3007?

GeGhostRider
thanks for the info Tabbycat, but looking at the flintlock flanger calibration procedure discouraged me.
and now that Savvas has posted his Collosalus layout I think I'll stick to veros as flanger was the last type of effect missing on this great blog.
I've ordered a pair of MN3007 from t.R.E.E. on eBay (following Rocket88 advice), haven't tried them yet but I'm sure they will work as these have been tested in a CE2 circuit, so as you said if it doesn't work or if it's noisy I'll know it's my fault not the chip!
thanks again

Re: where to buy MN3007?

hobbyseason
Reviving an old thread here but just wondered where people are getting mn3007 in 2017?

Took a gamble on a very cheap chinese ebayer and pretty sure they are dodgey.

Churs

Re: where to buy MN3007?

well that's part of the issue. they're obsolete, so i wouldn't even think about grabbing them from anyone in china. never, and i repeat NEVER buy any rare, hard to find, or obsolete part from china, cause it's most likely shit.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Panasonic-MN3007-DIP-8-MN-3007-GUITAR-DELAY-EFFECTS-PEDAL-CHIPS-IC-USA-Seller-/201815687822?hash=item2efd27028e:g:ws8AAOSwcUBYMIIQ
gul

Re: where to buy MN3007?

gul
I also got bad chips from Polida. The batch of MN3007 I bought actually smoked! I tried two of 'em with the same result. Maybe I was just unlucky, but I won't buy from them again.

LectricFX's and DIYguitarpedals' chips are great, I would get them from one of those if it were me. I'm pretty sure Paul is sold out but LectricFX seems to still have some.
12