BARGAINS!

12345 ... 17

Re: BARGAINS!

Madferret
100 x TL072 for $16 with free p+p: http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/228588540.html Don't think I'll be running out of those any time soon.

Re: BARGAINS!

Madferret
By the way I've had some of the 3PDT switches Mark posted and there's absolutely nothing wrong with them, mega cheap and I've not had any problems with them.

Re: BARGAINS!

If you want any of our commonly used opamps, check out G&C Supermarket first.  Some of their prices are ridiculous:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300798733148

Re: BARGAINS!

ichilton
GoranP - stranded and I think only tinned at the ends.

Re: BARGAINS!

GoranP

Would you mind snipping one in half and checking? These seem nice but sometimes I'd need some in-between sizes...

Re: BARGAINS!

ichilton they do 40way pin headers too. 20 for a fiver. you can socket a lot of transistors for that.

Re: BARGAINS!

ichilton
GoranP - Yep, will do tonight and report back.

I've just been using them as-is, and used my wire from Rapid for any other lengths.

Speaking of which - that's a bargain in itself....about £3.50 for a 100m reel. IvIark recommended it to me and it's great stuff.

beaker - ah, cool - only marginally cheaper than Tayda though.

Re: BARGAINS!

Madferret
Wow, those ICs from G&C are crazy cheap.

Re: BARGAINS!

Geiri
I've bought lots from G&C. The postage is slow but worth it in the end.
www.pedalprojects.com
www.facebook.com/pedalprojects

Re: BARGAINS!

ichilton
GoranP - that wire is stranded, but only tinned at the ends.

Ian

Re: BARGAINS!

Olav
Any tips on cheap (low quantity) enclosures?

Re: BARGAINS!

GoranP

Thanks IC! I guess I'll be ordering a bunch of all available lenghts...

Re: BARGAINS!

GoranP
Olav wrote
Any tips on cheap (low quantity) enclosures?
I was always impressed with quality/price ratio from Tayda's enclosures. Sure, there are better out there but nowhere near as cheap shipped to my neck of woods. I once ordered some 1790ns from Mammoth and they were utter crap.

Also, there's this chinese(?) guy who has great prices if you buy bulk(ish). The name escapes me right now but Geiri should know who I'm talking about. If not, I'll search my mail history for that info.

Re: BARGAINS!

ichilton
This guy - http://www.chinadaier.com

Ordering is a bit of a faff as you've got to e-mail him to get the price incl postage, but it's cheap.

The actual unit prices are mega cheap, but then postage is a bit expensive (to the UK anyway) so that bumps it up a bit, but i've found enclosures and knobs to be cheaper than Tayda. I ordered a batch from him and they all came ok and have just ordered another batch.

Cost me about £2.60/each for 1590B and £3/each for 125B once postage is added.

Ian

Re: BARGAINS!

GoranP

And how do you find them qualitywise, compared to Tayda?
I'm ready to order some but those Mammoth enclosures (being crappy and dinged) really put me off experimenting.

Re: BARGAINS!

Olav
Thanks Goran, thanks Ian.

Re: BARGAINS!

ichilton
The chinadaier.com boxes seem identical to the Tayda ones to me, and seem fine.

Ian

Re: BARGAINS!

Olav
Communication seems a bit rough. They are quick to respond to email, but aren't exactly answering my question. Guess I'll ask again.

Re: BARGAINS!

GoranP

I've had the same problem with them. It would appear that they have language issues and the best course of action is to keep your questions short, simple and ask only one or two at a time.

Eventually they do answer, if you're stubborn enough.

Re: BARGAINS!

Olav
I think that's the best course of action Goran. I'll ask again.
12345 ... 17