BARGAINS!

12345678 ... 17

Re: BARGAINS!

vick
I love the multi layer ceramics the only draw back is they work best for 3 row spans and probably max out at about 5 rows ( ish)

I have bought this
http://www.ebay.com/itm/121075015531?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

a couple times.  It covers all the common P values n values and U values up to 10U.  Works out to 1.6 cents a piece american.

Re: BARGAINS!

adstrum
I thought that ceramic capacitors should not be used in audio circuits because the high permitivity, except for low pF requirements.

Re: BARGAINS!

I've used these multilayer caps in lots of builds and have always had good results.  Even if a capacitor has a characteristic that some may feel would make it a less than perfect choice, I don't think it makes too much of a difference in these low voltage circuits, and even though I do think that some caps can sound subtly different from other types (possibly due to their inherent non-linearity), I don't think the difference is ever enough to worry about.  Maybe that isn't the case at higher voltages but I don't worry about it with these circuits.

Re: BARGAINS!

JaviCAP
Administrator
Sure! I like poly boxes and greenies, but when you get a tight fit, where space is a matter of success or failure the  ceramic multilayers are a must.

I've built high gain effects with only this kind of cap (MP Stone Grey) and the result is amazing.

Even in envelope filter effects they're fine. My Mu-Tron III and the Meatball are full of monlithics as Harald's layouts are very densely populated (same for some Miro's layouts :)) and is not easy to use another kind of cap.

In circuits where there's a PT2399, they're really a must. No question if you have to use non electrolithic 1-2.2uf

And anyway, ceramic monolithic multilayers are very different from ceramic discs and the ones I  use are J or K code, no problem with tolerance.
 ones.

BR

Re: BARGAINS!

vick
adstrum wrote
I thought that ceramic capacitors should not be used in audio circuits because the high permitivity, except for low pF requirements.
that is referring to the ceramic disk which I usually will only use for PF values ( bellow 1Nf).  For the multilayer ceramics I use them or any value they come in.

Re: BARGAINS!

Ross
There are some multilayers that have incredibly long legs, I know Futurlec sells them, but their prices aren't quite as good as some of the eBay sellers.

Re: BARGAINS!

Re: BARGAINS!

alltrax74
I received my 20 enclosures from Daier, they are very nice, similar to the ones Tayda sells
It cost me $82 including shipping, so that's $4.1 (or 3€30) per enclosure delivered (I have 5A, 10B and 5BB)

Re: BARGAINS!

alltrax74
I'm looking for good prices for 9mm pots for my future 1590A builds.
The best prices I found so far are the following :
- 1€/piece, but only 5 values
http://uraltone.com/
- 1€70/piece, 5 values only
http://uk-electronic.de
- 1$90/piece, 9 values
http://www.mammothelectronics.com

Do you have better deals ?

Re: BARGAINS!

JaviCAP
Mammothelectronics were great to buy these  pots until 2013 and the USPS radical fees rise.  By the way, for 1590A build, you can use up tol 3 x16mm pots, son many bulds are posible without spending a fortune.

BR

Re: BARGAINS!

alltrax74
Right i just checked : 20€ :(
Too bad they only have 5 values on the finnish site, price are low and shipping very reasonnable.
For the 1/4" jacks i found those in the UK : http://www.canford.co.uk

How do you fit 3 16mm pots with 1/4" jacks, DC jack and 3pdt in a 1590A, do you have a pic ?

Re: BARGAINS!

JaviCAP
Administrator
Measurement :)

PIcs, I only have this of guts (Colorsound Tremolo, two pots) but just on past  week I built two sonic titans with 3 pots. 4 ones  would be extremely tight but maybe I'll try one day soon (a Zendrive on a 1590A rocks!):

By the way, if you use 1/4 jacks is better to use open frame ones, the take far less space and you can place both very very close.

BR

Re: BARGAINS!

alltrax74
Funny I was actually thinking oh this one, i finished mine in a 1590B last week-end and was wondering about building another in a 1590A :D

Tight fit indeed, but looks nice quite easily doable

Re: BARGAINS!

JaviCAP
Tayda's have right now 3 values on lin 9mm pots: 10, 100 and 500k. Very few values, but correct price (1,28$).

Hope they stock a wide range of values soon as price is fair and s&h costs are great with Tayda

Re: BARGAINS!

alltrax74
That's great news thanks for the info !

Re: BARGAINS!

alltrax74

Re: BARGAINS!

dexxyy
The ones at $0.58 are pcb mount and have no nut or thread to fix to an enclosure £1.28 if you want to fix to an enclosure
If it wasn't for this website I would definitely have a life.

Re: BARGAINS!

dexxyy
I mean $1.58

NOOOOOOOOO, i REALLY mean $1.28
If it wasn't for this website I would definitely have a life.

Re: BARGAINS!

jalmonsalmon
10k mini pot at tayda will be great as a fuzz trim pot on the side of a pedal
12345678 ... 17