BARGAINS!

123456 ... 17

Re: BARGAINS!

Olav
@ichilton; do you remember what shipping was for your order? They seem intent on NOT telling me. Though they're very! quick to answer other questions, the question on shipping is yet to be answered.

Re: BARGAINS!

ichilton
10x 1590B was £26 incl China Post shipping and 10x 125B was £30 incl shipping.

I just list what I want and ask what the price incl shipping is.

Ian

Re: BARGAINS!

GoranP
OK, I dug up my correspondence with him. Shipping to Croatia, he says:

"In 1 package, china post only can ship 9pcs of 1590BB, shipping cost of china post will be $22usd."

along with

"1590BB 10 pcs  X 2.3"

Gives me $45 for 10 1590BB boxes.

Tayda's calculation (discount code not included) is 10x6.99 + $16 shipping = $86. If the quality is the same (or thereabouts), it's a no-brainer.

Knobs are also half the Tayda's prices and no MOQ, no info on quality though.

He also says:

"If ship by china post, if the packages lost, we will not bear the loose.  And in each package, the total weight should less than 2kgs."

Re: BARGAINS!

ichilton
I got a batch of 40x Davies style knobs - they seem fine. Again, i've not noticed any difference to the ones I got from Tayda.

I just ordered some more boxes and knobs from him at the weekend - and added some of his 3PDT to try.

Ian

Re: BARGAINS!

Olav
Thanks for those thorough answers guys! Tremendous help!

Re: BARGAINS!

alltrax74
I asked Daier for a quote for
5 x 1590BB
10 x 1590B
5 x 1590A

It's 2.3USD each for the BB, 2.1 for the B and 1.9 for the A, plus 40USD shipping so that's 82USD (96 if i choose fedex)
With Tayda it's 132,67USD

As you said, it's a no brainer

Re: BARGAINS!

ichilton
Yeah, it's a shame the shipping prices are not more like Tayda's, because the unit prices he quotes are crazy cheap - it's the shipping price that bumps it up.

Ian

Re: BARGAINS!

alltrax74
For a small quantity it's true
For info with Tayda the shipping was half, 20$

Re: BARGAINS!

JaviCAP
Yes, as Ian says, is better asking for a full price including s&h with China Post, so you don't have to get shocked to see that s&h is half of the final price :P

Daier always quotes in  dollars, 10x1590B sent to western europe are $40. My last order: 6x1590B + 6x 1590A= $44.

S&H is extremely expensive, but final costs per unit are a joke: 3.20 euros  / piece 1590B and 2.80 / piece 1590A.

And about quality, i strongly believe that these enclosures are just the same sold by Tayda. Same size, same marks, same weight... 40% price :P

Since my first order, to Daier, I have no other provider for enclosures.

BR

Re: BARGAINS!

adstrum
I wrote to Daier to get a quote for sending some enclosures to Australia. No ChinaPost option. Only DHL at $58. That made Tayda look pretty cheap. Shame really. I was interested in trying the wah enclosure.

Re: BARGAINS!

JaviCAP
Cheap ang good quality B pots. Great price, quick shippin', and still have not found any piece beyond 10% tolerance, many of them are in the 5% range. You can choose long or short shaft at the same price.

At about  28 euro cents / piece (s&h included) , you can stock hundreds at not great expense.

http://stores.ebay.es/Asia-Engineer/Pots-Trimmers-Thermistors-/_i.html?_nkw=potentiometer&submit=Buscar&_fsub=2155416018&_sid=149380788

Re: BARGAINS!

GoranP

@adstrum: that's pretty amazing, ChinaPost being willing to ship to Europe and not willing to ship to Australia? Especially considering how very few asians there are in northern Australia...

Re: BARGAINS!

GoranP

@Javi: I'm kinda spoiled by Tayda's plastic pot caps, no need for velcro or other insulation. These are a bit cheaper, though...

Re: BARGAINS!

JaviCAP
Administrator
Well... I always use to remove the plastic caps :P. It's a good insulation, but to hold the board to the pots, the best solution is velcro. The mm from the plastic caps + the mm from the velcro are too much for a 1590 enclosure, so I prefer to take off the plastics and put velcro instead :)

Is a matter of taste and the way you work.

BR

Re: BARGAINS!

Geiri wrote
150x AC125
As you can see, I buy bulk!
Aah you mean these

Re: BARGAINS!

adstrum
I see that Daier enclosure can be purchased through AliExpress which should make things a bit easier:

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/406327

Re: BARGAINS!

GoranP

That store offers dhl only as well?

Re: BARGAINS!

I just tested 10 of the AC125's at random and they are looking excellent.  The range was 108 to 145 hfe (most of them around 120) with 0.11mA to 0.23mA of leakage and so look like they will be a great match with the lower gain Russian transistors I've accumulated which ranged from around 50 to 90 hfe.

I bought the 75 to 150 hfe pack from Orpheus_2005, but he also does a pack marked as 50 to 100 hfe, so together they may be absolutely perfect for our uses.

Even if you don't want 150 of each for yourself, if you can group buy with two other people, based on what I've seen so far you should end up with 50 great Fuzz Face pairs for less than $50 a person.  Seems like a much better option than gambling on low quantity NOS Newmarket's you get on eBay which are a crap shoot at a premium.

Re: BARGAINS!

dexxyy
adstrum wrote
I see that Daier enclosure can be purchased through AliExpress which should make things a bit easier:

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/406327
The shipping cost to the UK is extortionate though
If it wasn't for this website I would definitely have a life.

Re: BARGAINS!

Olav
Same to The Netherlands;  125B Aluminum case
History (past 6 months): Rated 4.8/5 based on 7 customer reviews Feedback (7), 7 orders (155 pieces)

Price:
    US $2.70 / piece

Bulk Price:
    US $2.43 / piece (50 pieces or more)