BARGAINS!

1 ... 45678910 ... 17

Re: BARGAINS!

GoranP

Alltrax, how are those switches working out? I need a new batch so it's either these or Tayda?

Re: BARGAINS!

alltrax74
I tried both and saw no difference, so I'd say to for the cheapest

Re: BARGAINS!

dexxyy
For anyone looking for a peak atlas dca55, I haven`t seen one cheaper than HERE description says NOS, but mine came with the latest firmware
If it wasn't for this website I would definitely have a life.

Re: BARGAINS!

cylens
Great thread! Already ordered many items you guys recommended.

JaviCAP, I can't access to the enclosed jacks item on eBay, do you have the seller's name, please? (or an updated link, maybe?)

thanks in advance!

Benoit
drd

Re: BARGAINS!

drd
Relatively cheap 2n5457s are available at Tayda for 0.29 USD. Manufacturer is Vishay.

Re: BARGAINS!

Jopn
I think it might be time for me to get my hands on some PNP and NPN germanium transistors.  Any tips for buying bulk lots?
Q: Why is a drummer like a scud missile?
A: Both are offensive and inaccurate.

Re: BARGAINS!

Jopn wrote
I think it might be time for me to get my hands on some PNP and NPN germanium transistors.  Any tips for buying bulk lots?
I'd recommend staying away from anything that says "NOS Newmarket" and look at the Russian transistors.  Good options are GT308 and GT402 for PNP, and MP38A for NPN.  Also Tungsram transistors can be bought in bulk on eBay for reasonable prices.  Check out the links earlier in this thread for the AC125Kz.

Re: BARGAINS!

Vince
The GT308's are fantastic for fuzz faces. After watching a Youtube video where a guy puts two in at 60 and 80 hfe and it had more gain than two AC128's at 120hfe. Something to do with frequencies or something but anyway, I put two in at 80hfe and it's the best sounding Ge FF I've built. Also, the ones I bought (From Russia) have had zero leakage.

Re: BARGAINS!

Jopn
Cool, I've now got a stack of GT308V, GT402J and MP38A on their way to me :)  Thanks guys!
Q: Why is a drummer like a scud missile?
A: Both are offensive and inaccurate.

Re: BARGAINS!

alltrax74
Any good deal for Panasonic ECQ-V capacitors ?
Mark posted once an ebay link in one of the topics but it doesn't work anymore

Re: BARGAINS!

Surgeon
Additional info about Daier.

If anyone's contemplating ordering from Canada: I just received a quote and the price per box was incredible. However, the shipping charges are, sadly, way to high.

I was thrilled to find affordable 1590DD somewhere so I requested a quote for 5 1590B, 10 1590BB and 10 1590DD. 2.5$ (US) per box, but 125$ for shipping... ends-up more expensive than tayda...

Asked a second quote for just the DDs and will see.

too bad.

Re: BARGAINS!

alltrax74
Did you ask for shipping via China Post ?
At first they gave me a quote with DHL or Fedex (can't remember which one)
It was too expensive, but with China Post, I got 10 1590B for $44 including shipping (to France), which is unbeatable ($72 with Tayda)

Re: BARGAINS!

Surgeon
Yes I did. In fact, they replied again and FEDEX to Canada is cheaper (89$ vs 125$ with chinapost).

However, I'd have to pay custom charges with Fedex (the biggest reason why I always refuse to deal with them).

Still, the price is more reasonable now:

-5 x 1590b
-10 x 1590bb
-10x 1590dd

160$ with shipping...not bad. Factor in 20% duties = 192$ so 7.70$/box. Not counting the exchange rate which is still quite good at the moment.

The B and BBs are the same price on their quote, which is impressive.

Getting only the 10 DDs would come up to 10$ a piece, still better than anywhere else by a couple of bucks at least.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do now... Not quite that much lower than Tayda but if I only buy the DDs they end-up more expensive as well and I definitely would like to have some DDs in stock for some multi-effects. Plus, they would've been quite nice when I built the 3-button footswitch for my series I recto-verb.

Re: BARGAINS!

alltrax74
This is the quote they gave me for As, Bs and BBs :
1590A 1.90USD/PCS
1590B 2.1USD/PCS.
1590BB 2.3USD/PCS.

Re: BARGAINS!

Jopn
Just to add to the notes, here's what I got for painted enclosures:

We can make them with white or black painted.

The unit price of painted enclosure as below:
1590B: 2.4USD/PCS.
1590BB: 2.5USD/PCS.
1590DD: 4.8USD/PCS.
Q: Why is a drummer like a scud missile?
A: Both are offensive and inaccurate.

Re: BARGAINS!

Jopn
Oh, and Surgeon, I decided to go with bitcheslovemyswitches.com for 1590DD @ $10USD each.  After shipping it was a little more, but obviously a lot faster.

I'm on Ottawa myself.  I was thinking it would be good to see if I could find some people nearby to split shipping.
Q: Why is a drummer like a scud missile?
A: Both are offensive and inaccurate.

Re: BARGAINS!

Surgeon
Alltrax: my quote was higher for every type but maybe I didn't order as much as you did...

Jopn: Daier is still a better bargain from what I can tell (10$/box is as high as it gets for DDs alone in a batch of 10, the individual [without shipping obviously] is 3.80$...). They'll be lower if I order the "big" (for me) batch with BBs and Bs.

I'm all ears if you ever wanna do a "group" buy from Canada for something. Can't guarantee I'll always be up for it but hit me up nonetheless. Hoping the shipping between ottawa and my place won't be too atrocious (canada post is getting ridiculous).

Cheers!

Re: BARGAINS!

alltrax74
My prices were for 10 of each type

Re: BARGAINS!

Rolf Poti
http://www.ebay.com/itm/350918665502?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1426.l2649

I bid on this item before checking the shipping cost to Sweden...
It turned out to be about 12 Usd, so if anyone in the Uk is intrested of the caps feel free to bid. : )

Thanks,
Johan

Re: BARGAINS!

I don't use batteries and I really hate the switched power sockets we often use, they take up too much room, the metal nuts are often poor quality, and I don't like having to drill 12mm holes if I don't have to.  So I've been using the none switched versions from JPR Electronics, but they were around 50p each.

Just bought 100 off this seller though, 18p each seems much better to me!  These are really highly recommended if you're not bothered about batteries and they seem much less hit or miss than the larger switched versions:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321133081014

They only need an 8mm hole which is much nicer
1 ... 45678910 ... 17