BARGAINS!

1 ... 78910111213 ... 17

Re: BARGAINS! (wire bending jig)

Great price. I keep my boxes fairly boring and don't bother with decals or anything, so this is tempting

Re: BARGAINS! (wire bending jig)

hahafender
know where i can save a lot of money on good quality 1/4" jacks and 3pdt's on ebay? or anywhere for that matter?

Re: BARGAINS! (wire bending jig)

inefficiency
I'm also searching for 1/4" jack sockets. The ones I've seen for cheap look like they are horrendous quality.

For footswitches, I bought some of these and they work well. Haven't had any problems so far.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3PDT-9-Pins-Box-Stomp-Guitar-Effect-Pedal-Foot-Switch-True-Bypass-Black-Metal-/281301390086?pt=UK_Guitar_Accessories&var=&hash=item417ede9306

I guess 10 of them for 95p is pretty decent.

Re: BARGAINS! (wire bending jig)

Timoren
hahafender, I've been getting 1/4" jacks from www.bitcheslovemyswitches.com. The metal is twice as thick as the black plastic open jacks from Tayda and the insulator material is really nice too. Order in bulk and save! Their 1590 boxes are pretty cheap too.

Re: BARGAINS! (wire bending jig)

iggy
I want to second buying from. http://www.bitcheslovemyswitches.com/

i just placed an order for 20 boxes, 2 power supplies and some knobs.

prices were great. shipping cost $5.95 TOTAL!!!    and arrived in 2 days.

and the finish on the boxes is nicer than most I've ordered other places. look ready to paint or coat.

And the owner, Lawrence that runs the place, seems like a great guy. Highly recommend spending some money here. Looks like a friend to our community.

Re: BARGAINS! (wire bending jig)

Ross
I think those are the Neutrik jacks. They're the best, I won't use anything else!

Re: BARGAINS! (wire bending jig)

i just ordered from bitches love my switches, their prices on you're typical davies are hard to beat, and i got some boxes. super fast shipping, and great service. hell i got a personal message lawrence asking me if i needed anything else that i forgot and asked what i was building and such. haven't gotten anything like that from any other online shop, minus steve at smallbear. to be honest i've used the Neutrik jacks and the ones from tayda, don't get me wrong the Neutrik ones are great, but i've never had any issue with the ones from tayda, and considering that they as a tad thinner it gives me that little extra space i need at times. i use nothing but the tayda ones now, and have a ton in my stock, both mono and stereo, i don't think the extra cost for the Neutrik is really worth it, but that is just my opinion.

Re: BARGAINS! (wire bending jig)

iggy
Glad you had a good ex-experience at BITCHs. Same as i had. I couldn't have been more impressed with the service. and i hate to waste money on shipping. So I love that site. Cant beat the shipping if you're in the U.S., sorry Euro guys. not sure you get the same deal.

Re: BARGAINS! (wire bending jig)

even better for me is i'm in jersey, so i'm only one state away, so i get anything in like 1 day for priority shipping.

BARGAINS! (eyelet boards)

Mark your post a few pages back totally inspired me! I ordered some eyelets and cut some strips of walnut to use

I install cabinets and happen to be on a job installing a lot of walnut cabinets. So on my lunch break I swiped a piece of walnut and cut some strips about 3/16" thick and 2" wide

I'm really excited to build these! The pieces of walnut I have are really nice looking

Re: BARGAINS! (eyelet boards)

Oh cool, I'll look forward to the pics of these.  I think they're the best looking layouts by far, but also an absolute doddle, no twisting to get components through holes, just bend 90 degrees, drop them in and go mad with the solder

Re: BARGAINS! (eyelet boards)

iggy
you're going to make boards using walnut & eyelets. wow cool. please post some photos. like to see how they come out. Big mojo parts too!!!  Might have a go at this as well. Great idea.

Re: BARGAINS! (eyelet boards)

inefficiency
Cheap spools of 23awg 1/0.6mm single core anyone?

Re: BARGAINS!

Synsound
For my brothers in the U.S.:
I was looking for a multimeter that would provide audible continuity, automatic ohm ranging, capacitance, and transistor measuring capability at a fair cost. I found this at Home Depot:
http://t.homedepot.com/p/Klein-Tools-Digital-Multimeter-MM200/202521267/
It did everything I was wanting besides the HFE for the transistors. It was the best I could find that did capacitance at a reasonable cost. I picked one up and it has proven to be a great tool to trouble shoot some issues in my builds. I would recommend it without thinking twice.
Like I said it didn't cover the transistor testing function I wanted. For that I found a super cheap multi meter at Harbor Freight that fit the bill. Normally I would only buy tools there that would only be needed for one or two uses (they are pretty cheaply made for the most part) but for roughly $6 I gave it a shot. This is the one I picked up:
http://t.harborfreight.com/7-function-multimeter-98025.html
I compared the readings of some of the other functions to the meter I listed above and a friends multimeter as far as ohms and it was spot on. Given that, I assume the transistor readings are pretty close to true (I hope) For $6 it isn't a huge gamble. It does a lot for the money but not capacitance or the audible continuity.
I understand that there are better and more expensive alternatives out there. I,however, am a tinkerer on a budget and thought I would share what worked out well for me. Hope this may help someone. Best of luck.
Give a man a match and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Re: BARGAINS! (wire bending jig)

Synsound
Just wanted to agree with the previous posts about bitcheslovemyswitches.com
Although a few of his prices can be beaten by Tayda, I'm not going to bust his chops over it. You can't beat the shipping cost! Beyond that the man is super quick to get the goods to your door and is honestly invested in customer satisfaction.
Also, I love the nuetric(prob misspelled )jacks. They are sturdy as ....;).
Just wanted to give Lawrence props because he has earned my respect as a vendor.
Give a man a match and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Re: BARGAINS!

Not the best price available worldwide, but Time Travel Audio in Edinburgh look like they have imported whole box loads of enclosures from China, and are knocking them out cheap.

They have 1590A, 1590B and 1590BB available, in packs of one, four, ten and twenty.
I've just received four 1590BB from them for £25 post free.

They are not marked, but good quality, - and here's the best bit - have a nice brushed finish.

A pretty good deal for anyone in the UK, that does not want to wait ages for a delivery from China, or incur the almost inevitable customs charges.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aluminium-Die-Cast-Hammond-1590BB-size-enclosure-project-stomp-box-120x94-5x34mm-/251578837704?var=550480014323

Re: BARGAINS!

inefficiency
That reminds me; I just got a bunch of enclosures from here.

http://www.gapco.co.uk/Guitar-Pedal-Enclosures/

I got the one on the top right - basically 1590B. They've got that strange textured finish. Looks similar to what you get on certain EHX pedals.
The quality seems decent, but the first one I opened only had 3 screws instead of 4 in it, which is a bit annoying. Still, for £3.80 each, it's not too much of a loss.

They're branded "CHK" on the inside.

Re: BARGAINS! (wire bending jig)

iggy
rockett just saw your avatar. LOL that's just wrong on so many levels. but damn funny.

Re: BARGAINS! (wire bending jig)

yea, it showed up randomly when i was looking for images for something. hey, nothing sexier then seeing a couple of IC's getting it on inside your pedal.

Re: BARGAINS! (wire bending jig)

The IC picture is from ma boi Danny McSpunkle. Great builder and a cool dude
1 ... 78910111213 ... 17