BARGAINS!

1 ... 11121314151617

Re: BARGAINS!

and really, with all the diy work we do I'm pretty sure that a little removal of material from the switch lugs isn't a big deal for any of us. Those boards really are top notch stinger.

Re: BARGAINS!

Stinger25
Thanks mate,
Someone told me that he had some trouble to fit the lugs in, so recently I've started to increase the drill holes a little bit.

Re: BARGAINS!

inefficiency
Yeah, it's worth spending a couple of minutes making them fit because they really do neaten things up.

Re: BARGAINS!

alex.s
Found THESE as well while perusing (it's the day before pay day after all..!). Surely too good to be true? That's dirt cheap!

Re: BARGAINS!

inefficiency
I'm pretty sure they'll be fine.

Re: BARGAINS!

Re: BARGAINS!

It's the usual price once you add the postage.  That actually puts me off buying because it's like he's trying to hide the true cost

Re: BARGAINS!

alex.s
Ah, my bad, I must have assumed it was free P&P as most deals from Asia tend to be. Adding multiple lots doesn't make it any better either: £5.55 charged for each additional item...!

Re: BARGAINS!

Damn. Good catch mark. I hate when sellers do crap like that. I've put off buying a few instruments for the same reason. I saw a rickenbacker 4001 on eBay for something like $400USD buy it now, I was about to pull the trigger then I saw $900 for shipping. I know why they do it, it's be jade eBay and paypal don't get a percentage of the shipping so that's all profit after the actual cost of shipping. It's complete bs.

Re: BARGAINS!

alex.s
You should have pulled the trigger and then said "I'll come and collect!". No matter where in the states, it wuold have been cheaper to go and get it, plus you'd have got a free holiday!

Re: BARGAINS!

bogey
I'm not if it's nationwide(uk) or just the store near me but Wilkinsons/Wilko are changing their spray paint supplier. as a result they are selling off their existing old stock @£1 a can.Lots of types (matt gloss metallic primer etc) and colours..I'm gonna have to build a "pink lady fuzz" now.

Re: BARGAINS!

tabbycat
1n34a for £10 each. for shipping outside the uk add another £6. get in!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1N34A-Germanium-Diode-/311097165900?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item486ed6084c

Re: BARGAINS!

Silver Blues
Sonofabitch...

Re: BARGAINS!

bogey
Hi all,
I was doing a bit of shopping in LIDL this afternoon when I stumbled upon these drill stands in the "man aisle"

http://www.lidl.de/de/powerfix-bohrmaschinenstaender-mit-schraubstock/p185490

I realise they're not for everyone and the vice is a little small (you could always use a G-clamp to hold your boxes in place) but for £15 they seem like a pretty good buy.

I picked one up anyway as I can use it for other projects but will let you know if it's any good if I get a chance to drill anything in the near future.

Just thought i'd share my find.

Re: BARGAINS!

PMowdes

Anyone UK based have a cheap source for Pots? I was hoping to get a job lot of 100k lin and 110k log.

Cheers

Phil

Re: BARGAINS!

motterpaul
He's not UK-based, but check with Geiri here: http://guitar-fx-layouts.42897.x6.nabble.com/627x-potentiometers-bargain-more-tp14411.html

He had a ton last time I asked him.

Re: BARGAINS!

PMowdes
Are they the same as these? $6 for 10 ex shipping.

http://www.pedalhackerelectronics.com/product-p/1n34a-10.htm

Re: BARGAINS!

Beaker
You won't find a better selection at a lower price than Tayda. They are in Thailand, but they are a rock solid supplier, who won't let you down. Postage only usually takes about 10 days to the UK. Most of us on here use them, regardless of where in the world we are.

https://www.taydaelectronics.com/

Seeing as a new Tayda discount coupon has just been posted up, I would fill your basket up with pots NOW.

15% Discount Coupon Code : "LOVE IS IN THE AIR"
**Valid till 16 FEBRUARY 2016 ( 6pm New York time )

Thanks Zanius for the coupon.

Re: BARGAINS!

bogey
PEAK ATLAS DCA55 CURRENTLY BEING SOLD FOR £19.99 AT MAPLIN

GET ONE QUICK BEFORE THEY REALISE WHAT THEY'VE DONE

Re: BARGAINS!

Hozy31
Nice one. Just bought one. Steal!!!!
"Red velvet lines the black box"