CRAZY HUGE VERO!

Re: CRAZY HUGE VERO!

jalmonsalmon
hmmm
Looks like this could be squeesed into a 1590bb enclosure with no issues...
I am feeling BRAVE now hehee

Re: CRAZY HUGE VERO!

inefficiency
That looks slick.

You should build an enclosure for it. Maybe wooden sides with a sheetmetal top or something. Might as well seeing as you now have a maaaaaaaaaassive board!

Re: CRAZY HUGE VERO!

Wow. Nice

Re: CRAZY HUGE VERO!

johnk
jalmonsalmon wrote
hmmm
Looks like this could be squeesed into a 1590bb enclosure with no issues...
I am feeling BRAVE now hehee

yep, that's what I decided to mount it in. i'm mounting it now. pics soon to follow.

Re: CRAZY HUGE VERO!

johnk
DONE! I used a tiny true bypass relay board for the bypass so I could use a lower profile switch to fit everything under the main circuit board. this is one of my most satisfying builds to date since this is an incredible sounding phaser. I'm diggin' the rate led too (the original doesn't have one).

Re: CRAZY HUGE VERO!

Re: CRAZY HUGE VERO!

What's the relay board mate and where did you get the stomp switch from?

Re: CRAZY HUGE VERO!

inefficiency
Man, that's incredible.

What a job!

Re: CRAZY HUGE VERO!

johnk
IvIark wrote
What's the relay board mate and where did you get the stomp switch from?
the relay is this one:http://monomonster.wordpress.com/2014/02/09/relay-bypass-module-rbm-installation-guide-rev-2-0/

and I got the momentary soft switch from smallbear: http://www.smallbearelec.com/servlet/Detail?no=672

Re: CRAZY HUGE VERO!

Thanks for that John.  I've got some of those stomps and a circuit for soft latching which I've wanted to use for a while now but I haven't bothered because I use 1590Bs so frequently and the relay board would just be too big to use with an effect in that box.  I think I'll do it though because there are a few 1590BB or 125B builds that I'd like to do now and I love using those stomps.

Re: CRAZY HUGE VERO!

Silver Blues
Jack Orman from AMZ sells PIC-controlled relay bypass kits for a reasonable price too, that's where I got the one in my RCBC, could not be happier.

Re: CRAZY HUGE VERO!

johnk
Silver Blues wrote
Jack Orman from AMZ sells PIC-controlled relay bypass kits for a reasonable price too, that's where I got the one in my RCBC, could not be happier.
it appears that he doesn't sell them on his site anymore. maybe someone else is selling them for him now?

I just tested the relayed true bypass with my bass and it's a no go. it would probably be fine for guitar, but with a bass it was adding distortion, only in the bypass mode, so, so much for the soft switch (I just installed a regular hardwired 3PDT by pass in it). it's a bummer, cuz I dug the feel of soft switch on the relayed one. if I ran a buffer in front of it, it worked perfect, but IMO, that defeats the purpose of a true  bypass.

Re: CRAZY HUGE VERO!

Try the layout I just posted.  There's nothing at all that will cause any distortion, the audio signal only touches the vero tracks and relay contacts, and so it's exactly like using a 3PDT stomp.

Re: CRAZY HUGE VERO!

johnk
I will, but i'll have order some relays for it.

Re: CRAZY HUGE VERO!

johnk wrote
Silver Blues wrote
Jack Orman from AMZ sells PIC-controlled relay bypass kits for a reasonable price too, that's where I got the one in my RCBC, could not be happier.
it appears that he doesn't sell them on his site anymore. maybe someone else is selling them for him now?
Really? Oh.

EDIT: He's still selling the boards, the controllers and the switches looks like, but not the kits. Odd.
http://www.muzique.com/pcb.htm#dyp

Re: CRAZY HUGE VERO!

johnk
BTW, here's a quick clip of my Phasor II with a p bass:

https://soundcloud.com/johnk_10/phasorii

Re: CRAZY HUGE VERO!

Sounds great John

Re: CRAZY HUGE VERO!

johnk
since this one is a monster to build I really didn't want to build another one, but a couple of my friends just had to have one so I build two more. after these two, i'm definitely not building anymore of them!

Re: CRAZY HUGE VERO!

Haha, you're braver than Javi, he refused to build any more after the first one!

Re: CRAZY HUGE VERO!

iggy
This post was updated on .
John, another amazing job. and you builds always look amazing.  Where's Geiri? I'm waiting to see if he can stuff that into a 1590a box.
1234