CRAZY HUGE VERO!

gul

Re: CRAZY HUGE VERO!

gul
Does anyone know why Kyle stopped getting the Krypton boards made? It's a shame... Seems like everyone who has made that version really likes it.

Re: CRAZY HUGE VERO!

Didn't know he stopped making them. I think I have 3 or 4 left. Must cherish!! Dude laid it out brilliantly

Re: CRAZY HUGE VERO!

the board was so good, i have 7 or 8 spares laying around.

shoot him a pm on madbeans and he'll let you know. he's an awesome guy, and i think he had a few extras made after the 2nd run.

when i have time i'm planning on trying to make a biphase, which is more then just 2 mutron phasers.
gul

Re: CRAZY HUGE VERO!

gul
I got it running

I was right, the LT1054 chip was faulty. I popped in a 7660S and it fired right up. To my ears, this one definitely sounds the very best of the 4 Mutron II clones I've built so far. Those vactrols are worth every penny. I did a crazy thing and used two pieces of vero strapped together since I didn't have a single piece of vero large enough. Don't think I'll be doing that again! It added an extra half hour to my board prep. But hey, it worked just fine.

John, thanks for this layout, and for the help earlier. Even though it is large, everything went smoothly because everything is laid out so nicely.
gul

Re: CRAZY HUGE VERO!

gul
The Biphase is one I would love to tackle as well someday.

Re: CRAZY HUGE VERO!

johnk
aishabag wrote
I got it running

I was right, the LT1054 chip was faulty. I popped in a 7660S and it fired right up. To my ears, this one definitely sounds the very best of the 4 Mutron II clones I've built so far. Those vactrols are worth every penny. I did a crazy thing and used two pieces of vero strapped together since I didn't have a single piece of vero large enough. Don't think I'll be doing that again! It added an extra half hour to my board prep. But hey, it worked just fine.

John, thanks for this layout, and for the help earlier. Even though it is large, everything went smoothly because everything is laid out so nicely.
glad to hear that it's working well and that you're digging it. it's my favorite phaser to date.
I've also built a few with a self-etched PCB for a few people. here's a gut shot of one of them:

gul

Re: CRAZY HUGE VERO!

gul
Oooh, that is cool. If you ever feel like sharing that layout, I would love to make it. I def prefer etching PCBs to making vero.

I'm going to give drolo's Liquid Mercury Phaser a go next. I built his Twin Peaks tremolo and I love it.

Re: CRAZY HUGE VERO!

Goga
You are one of the BEST builders on this forum! Genius! Bravo!!!!!

Re: CRAZY HUGE VERO!

johnk
Oooh, that is cool. If you ever feel like sharing that layout, I would love to make it. I def prefer etching PCBs to making vero.

here's the PCB. print it at 800 dpi:

http://johnkvintageguitars.homestead.com/Effects/PhasorII/PhasorII/00001-MutronPhasorII_Vactrol_PCB_FINAL.jpg

Re: CRAZY HUGE VERO!

Nice layout John.

I would kill for a Biphase PCB. I've looked into making a Biphase out of two Phasor II PCBs but it is not as straightforward as two Phasor II circuits in series. There is a lot of modification that would need to be done.

I'm with John in that the Phasor II is my favorite phaser that I've tried, but I imagine the Biphase has to be even better

Re: CRAZY HUGE VERO!

baddriddm@live.fr
hi there, i'm doing the work actually to build a biphase with two of these phasor2 clones on veroboard (led/ldr version; worx fine and is cheaper) circuits and a module between for the biphasing and chaining fonctions. stay tuned...
gul

Re: CRAZY HUGE VERO!

gul
Thanks, John! I have built quite a few of your layouts, and they are all great. I know what I'm building today.

Re: CRAZY HUGE VERO!

Beerkiller
Thanks, John!
Really fine device. I have constructed it. Very long waited for arrival of VTL5C/3. Has earned at once. All details, especially resistors, are picked up very attentively. There is the only problem: I can't find the reason of "mosquito peep", at the same time the effect works perfectly. At the beginning there were LFO clicks, but they were gone completely when I have replaced IC5 with 4558 with TL072
In what there can be a reason of this whistle?
Forgive me my, bad English)

Re: CRAZY HUGE VERO!

What charge pump IC are you using?

Re: CRAZY HUGE VERO!

Beerkiller
7660S

Re: CRAZY HUGE VERO!

Do pins 1 and 8 of the 7660s have continuity? Have you tried another power supply?

Re: CRAZY HUGE VERO!

Beerkiller
Pins 1 and 8 on 7660S are closed among themselves as it is specified on the scheme. It is connected from the battery 9v, but with the power supply unit most too.

Re: CRAZY HUGE VERO!

Beerkiller
Pins 1 and 8 on 7660S are closed among themselves as it is specified on the scheme. It is connected from the battery 9v, but with the power supply unit most too.

Re: CRAZY HUGE VERO!

Beerkiller
Maybe someone else has ideas?
gul

Re: CRAZY HUGE VERO!

gul
Beerkiller, I think you might want to give the LT1054 chip a try instead.
1234