Darkglass VMT!

Re: Darkglass VMT!

Chris60601
Thanks SB for your work and contributions. I certainly appreciate it!

Cheers
Chris
Yeah, 220, 221. Whatever it takes.

Re: Darkglass VMT!

Silver Blues
Well thank you for the kind words  I hope I can keep contributing for a long time to come.

Re: Darkglass VMT!

Mark SL
Look at the left side cuts and traces on the component board then compare those to the non component board. They do not match. For someone trying to build the layout that equals fucked. Which board is correct? Stop being so offended and address the problem. I have contributed on occasion too. My layouts aren't perfect either.

Re: Darkglass VMT!

Dude for the record I was never offended. I'm not sure how you misconstrued what I said as me being offended. You pointed out a mistake, I am looking for people to do that. I agree with you; few layouts, especially one this big, are perfect the first time let alone at all. I actually thank you, I didn't see it at first but I see now to what you refer, there is one link that is not sufficiently long and a few cuts misplaced by one row on the bottom layout. I think the picture didn't update the last time I fixed it, or something, anyway the top layout is the correct one, I'll re-upload it.

EDIT updated.

Re: Darkglass VMT!

I'm the one that called you out Marksl, not silver. No one was offended. I called you outt, because all you said was, "The layout is fucked. It's not the same." How does that help anyone if there's a problem with a layout? All I'm saying is be productive and helpful if there's a problem, otherwise it just comes across that you're being a dick.

Re: Darkglass VMT!

Bigwan
Can anyone explain what the Era control is doing in this design?My first thought was it was like a modified muff tonestack but I know it acts quite a lot on the midrange. Anyone?

Re: Darkglass VMT!

Silver Blues
Sorry to reply and not answer the question, but now that this post is back up here I should stress that no one go try and build this. Making this layout was a shitshow and I'm not convinced it's right yet. We're also missing a lot of values from the original schematic. If either or of us getting a complete schematic or me ever having time to revisit this happens I will do so with more certainty.

Re: Darkglass VMT!

Muadzin
Bigwan wrote
Can anyone explain what the Era control is doing in this design?My first thought was it was like a modified muff tonestack but I know it acts quite a lot on the midrange. Anyone?
My bass player has one. Fully clockwise era gives a more 90's sound, fully counter clockwise a more 70's sound. According to him. According to the both of us the two extremes give a barely noticeable effect. It's a subtle tone sweep.

Awesome pedal though. To bad the layout is wonky.

Re: Darkglass VMT!

Silver Blues
Yeah, if we ever get a complete schematic I'd be happy to revisit this and see if we can get one working. I'd like to have one myself.

Re: Darkglass VMT!

ξεναγος νεκροπολης
do we have any news on this one? i've breadboarded this and got nothing really.... i've used the values i thought that would be ok, but the only thing i got is a working blend control.any guesses maybe about the caps??
thanks
Savvas

Re: Darkglass VMT!

ξεναγος νεκροπολης

Re: Darkglass VMT!

cylens
there's a guy who sells boards of clones of Darkglass pedals... (GUMA Drive, GUMA Antique) the boards are black... and he doesn't provide schematics... I have pics of the boards sent to me by someone, pm me your e-mail adress and i'll send them to you, maybe you can do something out of the pics... i couldn't...

Re: Darkglass VMT!

Silver Blues
Alright guys!

Now that I have what look to be the correct missing capacitor values for this circuit, I have redone the  layout to something that looks correct and is far, far more refined than any of the previous iterations. Have a look and let me know. Lamentably needed one standing resistor

Re: Darkglass VMT!

ξεναγος νεκροπολης
hi there mate.this one not only has the cap values, but it's like a whole other schem.am i right?can you please confirm that?

Re: Darkglass VMT!

Silver Blues
Nope it's the same schem, just with the missing cap values filled in. All I did was use three TL072 instead of a TL074 and a TL072 because it was basically impossible to make a neat, reasonably compact layout with the latter arrangement.

Re: Darkglass VMT!

ξεναγος νεκροπολης
aaaaa....that's why i was confused and thought that this was an other schem...you have a missing cut at the right of 1uf under 4049. other than that, i think it ok...lets see..

Re: Darkglass VMT!

Silver Blues
Haha yes exactly  Thanks for checking it out, although I'm not sure I understand what missing cut you're referring to.

Re: Darkglass VMT!

ξεναγος νεκροπολης
It works! And it sounds great!!
I'm on my phone right now.tomorrow i'll show you the cut i'm talking about.

Re: Darkglass VMT!

Silver Blues
Holy shit, are you serious?? I think you've just given me an extra Christmas present my friend!  Yes absolutely, I'll make the correction as soon as I know.

Re: Darkglass VMT!

ξεναγος νεκροπολης
1234