Darkglass VMT!

Re: Darkglass VMT!

ξεναγος νεκροπολης
hi there guys!

could you sent me a link to the schem you are talking about so that i can make those changes to the layout??

thanks.

Savvas

Re: Darkglass VMT!

Marbles
That'd be great! I kinda lost track :D

Re: Darkglass VMT!

EvertDePevert88
I think they are talking about this schedule:

It's from this thread on FSB: http://www.freestompboxes.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=25589&hilit=darkglass&start=20

Re: Darkglass VMT!

Koljaiczek
Yes, this is the schematic to which I referred.

Re: Darkglass VMT!

ξεναγος νεκροπολης
here it is.verified.
i've build this one, with all the corrections but the "era2 connected with the era3".it's a very easy fix, so if anyone want to try it just connect those two with a wire on the board.

i've build 4 times the previous one , and i can't tell any difference.
Any way!
cheers

Savvas

Re: Darkglass VMT!

EvertDePevert88
Beginners question!

That 2n2 cap you added in the bottom right corner goes from row 17 to row 18. Would it make a difference to make that cap go from row 16 to 18 (same column), since row 16 and 17 are linked anyway?
That would make it an easier fit for my caps ;)

Re: Darkglass VMT!

ξεναγος νεκροπολης
yeap no problem

(unnecessary) clarification: 100nF CAPs

j-pee
dear Savvas and Silver Blues,

I am aware that this layout is absolutely verified :)
I'm just curious :)

- - - -

my question is ONLY theoretical... or inventorial :) so to speak...
I count 3 pcs of 100nF in the PCB...
however, only 2 in "the" schematic..
(the schematic posted @ May 06, 2019; 9:44pm by EvertDePevert88)

So, only "inventory-wise" :
which is the 3rd 100nF cap?
and where is it in the schematic? -- or in the circuit?

CAP #1: at the input, C1
CAP #2 at the 2 pcs of R 470k + R 1M + C 220p + pin 5 of IC1b
CAP #3 ...

schematic clarification C16, C22 // ids and values

j-pee

hi, I only wish to see the schematic and the vero match...
So...
In the latest schematic 2 CAPs appear to be "jammed", which makes it hard to read their ID and value...
(part of it because it's not like "cap ID on top, capacitance value at the bottom", but rather like C22: ID top, val bot, while C16: ID bottom, value top)

2 questions:

#1. is it correct like this? C16 = 1uF, C22 = 100uF ?

#2. in the vero there seem to be 2 1uF CAPs... (C15 & C21), so, how does the circuit go?

thank you for your contributions! :)
illustration:

Re: schematic clarification C16, C22 // ids and values

Silver Blues
Irrespective of numbering, the polarized cap is gonna be the 100uF and the nonpolarized one will be 1uF. These sort of parallel small and large capacitors are common for supply rail filters, for both high- and low-frequency noise cancellation.

Re: schematic clarification C16, C22 // ids and values

j-pee
This post was updated on .
thank you!  -- this one is clear now :)

Re: Darkglass VMT!

balazs.bencs
dude can you help me out? I built this like 3 times now and all I get is a motorboating effect :/ no guitar signal passes through, only the motorboating is audible and seems like pots are working the way they should (at least the blend control, volume surely), the drive and the era changes the motorboating sound.

Did you had any problems like this?

Thanks!

Re: Darkglass VMT!

ξεναγος νεκροπολης
nope...i've build this 4-5 times and it worked really nice every single one. you could post some high resolution pictures of both sides of your board . that would help debugging.

Re: Darkglass VMT!

EvertDePevert88
In the layout, where it says "volume 1 & drive2&3", shouldn't it say "...drive1&2"?

Re: Darkglass VMT!

Muratori Silvia
Hi.The cut under 1n pin2 of TL074  is hardly visible.

Re: Darkglass VMT!

j-pee
that's why it is a nice practice to publish the cuts' view of the board, too...
can't go wrong with that
1234