EQD The Depths (gut shots)

Re: EQD The Depths (gut shots)

Alex
Don't worry Zack.
It wasn't easy to draw it so small.
Lot of stress!
Waiting to see if Travis wants to give it a go but you are very good with posting things on the main page!
I'm not much of a writer.
Could you do that in case?
Hi BassVD.
The link was meant to go to pin 3 (already corrected).
To fit all those components in there was really complicated and D2 wouldn't fit anywhere.
It is just a protection diode and it's not necessary.

Re: EQD The Depths (gut shots)

I didn't want to draw this one lol I'd much rather build your layout Alex!

With 4 regular pots and one dual gang there's no way I'd wanna cram this in a 1590B. Gonna do the 125B version for sure, awesome work Alex!

Re: EQD The Depths (gut shots)

Ciaran Haslett
2 excellent layouts!  I'm going to start the 1590B and daughterboard tomorrow.  May not get it finished as I'm  flat out all weekend but I'll report back here.

Cheers again lads

Re: EQD The Depths (gut shots)

well thanks alex. some of my layouts may not be the neatest, but i try. i've got to say, you really do have a knack for the more complicated layouts like this, really amazing how you can work your way through some of these schematics. btw, if you want to send me the layout i'll gladly write the post and put it up on the main page. i've got another layout ready to post on the main page, so it's not an issue to write something for a second one.

Re: EQD The Depths (gut shots)

Alex
Your layouts are great! People really like them and (most importantly) build them! Some of mine may be neat but people don't really build them cause they are too large or look too complicated. Oh well.
That's why we all collaborate on this blog.
Do you have an email where I can send you the pictures?

Re: EQD The Depths (gut shots)

Alex
Good Lord Travis! I thought you did! Your name is already on the layout and now we are obliged to share the 1.000.000 dollars prize Ciaran has promised us!

Re: EQD The Depths (gut shots)

Ciaran Haslett
$1 split 3 ways!  Do you take cheque?

Re: EQD The Depths (gut shots)

Alex
What? $1? I knew there was something fishy! We'll still take it! You can send it where we all live: Verolayoutsmillionaires Mansion, Tagboardeffects Road, Barbados.

Re: EQD The Depths (gut shots)

Pavlos
Hey Alex, I like your layouts and built a few already, with more on my to do list (This one included no doubt) Quite a few of them may be on the larger and more challenging end of the scale but they always look good and I don't have much in the way of problems with them either (My stupid errors usually) which is always something to make you feel a little bit more confident of stepping up to the next level from the smaller, simpler layouts. How you mange to get them so neat and compact is beyond me lol

And Zach, I'll second what Alex says about your layouts (Travis should be included as well, just to make sure he doesn't feel left out) they are all good

Re: EQD The Depths (gut shots)

pjp666
all i know is you guys are godlyke, keep up the great work!!

this is on my imminent list. after listening to the demo, i was hooked.

i was gonna use a p90 in a crybaby shell so i didn't have to lug my univibe around anymore, but this i think will work wayyyyy better.

so thanks, and as always, rock on
PjP
wha, me worry?

Re: EQD The Depths (gut shots)

BetterOffShred
Did Ciaran get this going? His comment on a recommended build thread lead me back here to check.  I also really dig modulation stuff lately. I only really have a modded phase 90, and then a Clarinot, DE Profundis, and the Echo Dream 2 .. that squeals because of my shitty 7660's.. ugh.
Anyway I'd love to hear an update!
-Brett

Re: EQD The Depths (gut shots)

Marbles

Re: EQD The Depths (gut shots)

BetterOffShred
I totally missed that somehow! Not to mention this thread is in the 'Verified layouts' section.. it was early and I hadn't woken up yet!  Thanks Marbles.
-Brett

Re: EQD The Depths (gut shots)

fxtron
So if I just put a switch in series with the R12 resistor (for the schem on page 1) I would recover the vibrato functionality of the original univibe's chorus/vib switch right? Thanks.

Re: EQD The Depths (gut shots)

kragg
Hello,
I built this circuit using the layout with the daughterboard, and i am experiencing some issues :

- There is no audible effect;
- output signal is below unity gain;
- sometimes, audible input distortion is heard (a bit like crackles).
- The LFO seems to work fine, according to the LED blinking when I turn the pots.

I am using the layout with the external LDR daughterboard (which uses 3 x TL072).

I have used 4xGL5516 and a yellow 5mm led.
I think that my build is quite clean (I checked several times, and didn't notice any trace or cut error).
I have measured the voltages at the IC and transistors pins : they all share the same "voltage pattern" (values between 1 and 1.4V, except pin4 which is 0 and pin 8 which is slightly below 9V) :

IC1
1.43
1.43
1.30
1.7
1.75
8.8

IC2 (left)
1.38
1.36
0.95
0
0.95
1.37
1.39
8.79

IC3 (right)
1.40
1.38
0.90
0
1.95
1.38
1.40
8.70

Both transistors have 0V at their Emitter, around 0.3 and 0.6 at the Base, and changing values around 3.5 and 4.80 at the collector.

I have read on tagboardeffects that i am not the only one experiencing such issues, but i couldn't find any hint to fix the issue. I'd be grateful if anyone could point me toward a direction where to look at...
Thank you in advance for any help!
123