Earthquaker Devices Bitcommander

Njokki
This post was updated on .
Good day everyone,

tagboardeffects really helped me a lot building my own effects and i enjoy playing with them.
Now i want to contribute something to the community.

I just opened my Bitcommander and tried to figure out the schematic.
The resulting drawing may be a bit chaotic, but i hope you will understand it.
At the moment, i don´t have the parts that i need to build and verify it,
so maybe one of you would like to give it a try.

Here are the pictures:
(Edit: ground to cd4024 pin 7 + pin 2)

Re: Earthquaker Devices Bitcommander

Very cool thanks for sharing. I've played this one in the shop and it's awesome. Would love to build one

Re: Earthquaker Devices Bitcommander

Njokki
At the moment i don`t have the time to convert it into a vero layout, but i`ll do it at the next opportunity.
It would also be nice if some experienced person could do that. I´m not shure if can turn it into  the smallest possible size, so feel free to be the first

Re: Earthquaker Devices Bitcommander

Synsound
Thanks so much for sharing! I would love to build this one but I am still a bit green to the layout creation end of this. I'm sure one of the resident masters could do it with ease. I will be waiting with baited breath.
Give a man a match and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Re: Earthquaker Devices Bitcommander

Alex
This post was updated on .
Layout updated and verified.
Added ground to pins 7 & 2 of CD4024BE.

Re: Earthquaker Devices Bitcommander

Not a master? You took an effect that fits in a 125B with a PCB and made a 1590B friendly vero with wires beautifully grouped together. You are THE master!

Re: Earthquaker Devices Bitcommander

Njokki
Wow this vero looks brilliant!
And it´s not as big as i thought it might get.

I would love to build it right now, but i`m lacking the transformer :(

Re: Earthquaker Devices Bitcommander

Ah yes on second thought that transformer should make this impossible to do in a 1590B. Still an amazing layout. Thanks guys

Re: Earthquaker Devices Bitcommander

squirrels
Does anyone know where I can get the transformer? I'd love to give this one a shot.

Re: Earthquaker Devices Bitcommander

Synsound
Mouser has them
42TM011-r
Give a man a match and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Re: Earthquaker Devices Bitcommander

squirrels
Thanks, hopefully I can get an order in soon. Is love to try this one out.

Re: Earthquaker Devices Bitcommander

Hozy31
Banzai music in Germany also sell the transformers if you are in europe.
"Red velvet lines the black box"

Re: Earthquaker Devices Bitcommander

Freppo
Nice job. Thanks for sharing. :)

I'm a bit surprised that they used a transformer for they octave up.. It would have been easier and much cheaper make a full wave rectifier with only one inverter and a few diodes.
check out my building blog at www.parasitstudio.se

Re: Earthquaker Devices Bitcommander

tabbycat
thanks for the trace and layout, njokki, and to alex for the vero.
Freppo wrote
I'm a bit surprised that they used a transformer for they octave up.. It would have been easier and much cheaper make a full wave rectifier with only one inverter and a few diodes.
maybe the octave element was borrowed from the octavia? i have to admit to not knowing much about transformers but i know the octavia uses one for ocatve up.

would the inverter/diodes option sound the same? obviously that would make it an easier and smaller build.

Re: Earthquaker Devices Bitcommander

Freppo
Yes, probably borrowed from the octavia. The octave down part and the preamp is borrowed from other circuits aswell.

The inverter/diode recitifier would probably sound the same or very close. It's just another method of doing the same thing basically.
check out my building blog at www.parasitstudio.se
KT

Re: Earthquaker Devices Bitcommander

KT
Hi, did anybody verify this one yet?

Re: Earthquaker Devices Bitcommander

Mark SL
I built it and it sort of works. The octave up definitely works. There is no connection for base 2 so I put that where it says base1 on the layout. I'm not sure that worked and I don't hear much coming from the sub pot either. I'd say it's close but needs to be double checked.

Re: Earthquaker Devices Bitcommander

Njokki
The connection for Base 2 is there, its above the +9V in the vero.
The Base should behave like a distortion knob. I'm glad that the octave up works, the transformer should be responsible for that and the connections for this guy were hard to figure out. Can I assume that  the octave down is working? I'll check the sub wires then

Re: Earthquaker Devices Bitcommander

Njokki
Oh wow, i forgot the ground connection for the cd4024, pin 7 needs ground. I couldn't see it because i didn't remove the socket for that IC, sorry

Re: Earthquaker Devices Bitcommander

Mark SL
Ok I fixed the base and that is good to go. Messed with it again but it still seems like there really isnt any suboctave. When I turn the UP down it just sounds like a regular fuzz.
123