Echo-matic - Cassette deck delay buffer

CheapChip
Hi everyone,

Just finished a vero layout for an old project found on Experimentalists Anonymous:
http://experimentalistsanonymous.com/diy/Schematics/Delay%20Echo%20and%20Samplers/Echo-matic%20cassette%20delay%20page%201.gif
http://experimentalistsanonymous.com/diy/Schematics/Delay%20Echo%20and%20Samplers/Echo-matic%20cassette%20delay%20page%202.gif
This simple mixer circuit transforms your old 3 heads cassette deck in a real guitar tape delay!

EchoMatic_(Cassette_Echo_Buffer)_VERO.pdf
Layout is not verified yet, but triple-checked. I'll post results of my build ASAP.

If anyone is interested, I'll even post a little simple circuit (5-6 components) to mod the tape deck and control the tape speed.
Let me know!

Re: Echo-matic - Cassette deck delay buffer

heuermh
Yes, am interested!

Re: Echo-matic - Cassette deck delay buffer

Re: Echo-matic - Cassette deck delay buffer

CheapChip
Hi,
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one interested in this project...

So first, here is the deck motor speed circuit:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5VFeUGvnPP0OXJ5RU81V25YMlU
You can find a complete tutorial for it there:
http://casperelectronics.com/motor-speed-mod/
I must say it's verified with my point to point build, and really efficient.

Then I'd like to add a modulation to it, something like this:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-80ID5jcny8Q/U02DfXetl6I/AAAAAAAAGwQ/yZR6vQxuOdI/s1600/Grind+Customs+FX+DeProfundis+Modulation+Daughterboard+Rev2.png
But I have to experiment the implementation of this daughterboard...
I think it would be cool to have a chorus/vibe tape echo, right?

Re: Echo-matic - Cassette deck delay buffer

tabbycat
it's an interesting idea but i don't think three-headed tape decks are that common, are they? maybe for old reel-to-reels but not for cassette players. is there any getting around that?

Re: Echo-matic - Cassette deck delay buffer

CheapChip
As far as I know, it works with two-headed decks since erasing and recording devices are in the same head.
As for any tape echo, it's space between playing head and recording head is the only thing that really counts