Enclosures

Vince
I'm curious as to where people are buying enclosures from. As in cheapest. Bearing in mind I'm in the UK.
I only really use 1590b's (MXR Type).

Re: Enclosures

mirosol
Administrator
Check out http://www.chinadaier.com/

I get my boxes from them. They normally stock black, white and unpainted. Painted ones are not powder coated, but just srapyed. Decent quality though. The base box is same brandless B/BB that tayda sells. I just received another order of 12 black painted 1590Bs. Paid $55 postpaid for twelve. They also have 3PDT stomp switches for decent prices. 25 pieces for $41 postpaid. I always ask the price including chinapost. :)

Drop them a line and ask for their pdf catalog of pedal parts. daier@chinadaier.com
+m
fyaelectronics.com

Re: Enclosures

Vince
Cheers Miro, I'll contact them :)

Re: Enclosures

I usually use these mate:

http://www.rapidonline.com/Mechanical-Fastenings-Fixings/Aluminium-Enclosures-Hammond-Eddystone-71713

The 111x60x31 boxes are £3.49 each if I order 20 with free carriage

Re: Enclosures

Madferret
RS Components do these: http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/general-purpose-enclosures/3439883/ Genuine Hammond 111x60x31, they work out at £4.15 inc vat for 1 or £3.77 each if you buy 15 or more.  I only use them if I need a couple and don't want to wait as there's a trade counter in Stockport.

Re: Enclosures

Milkit
My mate made a shit load of these for me; http://www.musikding.de/Enclosures/Sheet-metal-enclosures/MDC-432::2868.html

before his works took down the manufacturing plant at his work. They're not amazing, but good enough. I have about 200 +/- in stock if anyone is inteterested?
It's better to have it & not need it, than to need it & not have it!

Re: Enclosures

I may be interested in some mate, send me an email with the details

Re: Enclosures

Milkit
Will do mate.  I'll get on out to the man cave after lunch bud!  ;0)

I'll take some photos too.
It's better to have it & not need it, than to need it & not have it!

Re: Enclosures

Vince
I've been using these eddystone ones which are £3.00 a go.

http://www.jprelec.co.uk/store.asp/c=528/Eddystone-Diecast-Aluminium-Boxes

I've contacted Miro's suggestion as they're cheap as chips

1590B(112*61*32mm), the unit price is $2.00usd/pcs.

Just waiting to hear what the postage charges are though....

Re: Enclosures

JaviCAP
I'm interested too Vince, if you don't mind  shippin' to U.E. Let me know if you can.

BR

Re: Enclosures

JPR sell the best DC sockets you can get too, well worth getting if you don't use batteries.
Remember their prices exclude VAT though

Re: Enclosures

Milkit
If anyone is interested in these,

here are the dimensions for the enclosures.

All sizes given in mm & are approximate.

125 long
72 wide
50 deep (at rear)
20 deep at front

I'm not too sure of what amount of degrees the taper/slope is at & I don't have anything to measure it with. I'd guess it at around 30deg or so, but my maths is atrocious so..........

They don't look the prettiest in the photos, but they scrub up well with a little 1200 grit or some wire wool, & I'll burnish any rough edges with my windy!

Supplied with six 3/8' x 4 self tapping screws.

It's better to have it & not need it, than to need it & not have it!

Re: Enclosures

dexxyy
deffo interested in some of your enclosures Milkit, you can email me at derekmeechan@hotmail.com
If it wasn't for this website I would definitely have a life.

Re: Enclosures

Milkit
More photos!

will do buddy!

Will ship anywhere buddy!
It's better to have it & not need it, than to need it & not have it!

Re: Enclosures

mirosol
Administrator
Hmm.. You said you have like 200... I may be interested in getting ten or twelve...
+m
fyaelectronics.com

Re: Enclosures

Milkit
Spot on mate. ;0)

I need to work out some sort of pricing for them.

Hmm, I'll have a think & post prices, with reductions for larger quantity orders.
It's better to have it & not need it, than to need it & not have it!

Re: Enclosures

Madferret
Put me down for a few if you could please mate, do you have a paypal account to send the money to?

Re: Enclosures

Milkit
Will do buddy & yes I have a paypal dude.

Just got a little work to finish off & then I'll get onto some pricing.

Just for now though, I was thinking of doing them 1-10 qty's at £3.00 plus P&P of £2.00-£2.50 for UK delivery (will get conformation for further afield),  They're only light so I don't think it will be tons for postage.

They are made from aviation graded material though.  It was Alu left over from wing parts for the Airbus A380, but I didn't tell you that
It's better to have it & not need it, than to need it & not have it!
12