Great new seller of Soviet Germs.

Re: Great new seller of Soviet Germs.

inefficiency
So my package from our friend arrived this morning and there were even more bonus goodies than I thought.

There were approx 15 diodes labelled "FFD106". The anti-static bags are a bit hard to see through, but they look like some really nice germanium ones.

I also received a small bundle of thin plastic tubing type stuff. Looks like maybe its to go on the legs of the transistors? I dunno.

Also got a small bundle of what looks like braided silver wire with whitish-transparent/translucent insulation.

Get ordering guys! Best store on eBay!

Re: Great new seller of Soviet Germs.

Re: Great new seller of Soviet Germs.

piltdownman
I just mine yesterday.  Took 3 weeks to get to the US, but at $6.00 for shipping, you won't hear me complain.  Probably had the NSA watching me for a few days when they saw the package with Cyrillic characters all over it. He threw in some other transistors and other stuff.  He also included very thin plastic tubing and a good sized strand of hook up wire.  All in all, a great seller.  Highly recommended.
Keith

Re: Great new seller of Soviet Germs.

inefficiency
6 bucks is pretty damn decent.

I guess that stuff I got was hookup wire as well. I left the room for 5 minutes earlier and when I came back my cat was chewing on it! The little bastard nearly met his maker...

Does anyone have the datasheets or even just the pinouts for any of these?

I have some MP20As and MP38s and have no idea which way to plug them in. Is there an easy way to find out without breaking them or do I just need to find a diagram?

Re: Great new seller of Soviet Germs.

dbat69
I checked mine with my DCA55.
In my parts spread sheet where I keep info on all my stuff, I work on as a guide to pinouts as a general rule :

Looking at the bottom of the transistor, pins sticking upwards and triangular formation pointing to the top.
Paint dot to the right.  Gap in row of 3 pins on right hand side.
Pins read left to right

Using this, the MP20s are EBC as are the MP38s

I'll dig my transistors out and do a check when I get a moment

Re: Great new seller of Soviet Germs.

tjdracz
http://transistor-spravochnik.ru - best place to find transistor pinouts and other data.
Mp20 http://transistor-spravochnik.ru/description/mp20a/46590
Mp38 http://transistor-spravochnik.ru/description/mp38a/46720

All in Russian but pretty self explanatory ;)

Awesome, cheers fellas!

Re: Great new seller of Soviet Germs.

Re: Great new seller of Soviet Germs.

inefficiency
Haha, he's nothing like those cats - he doesn't try to hide it. He just defiantly stares at you like "What? Got a problem?" Even after you start screaming and swearing he doesn't care. You have to actually physically kick him out the room and even then he just struts away like he owns the place. I think he needs neutered a second time....

Re: Great new seller of Soviet Germs.

No cats generally don't care, they're the boss!
I've got a Labrador though and when she's done something wrong that she thinks she'll get in trouble for, she does this exactly:

I end up howling with laughter every time.

Re: Great new seller of Soviet Germs.

Re: Great new seller of Soviet Germs.

inefficiency
Ahahaha, that's amazing. I'd love a dog, but just can't really afford that kind of commitment in my schedule right now. They'd be home alone too much and I couldn't do that to the poor pooch.

I caught the cat with his nose in my bag of transistors today. I don't know what his problem is.

People have told me that diodes are like candy to dogs. You guys have any issues? This picture always springs to mind....

Re: Great new seller of Soviet Germs.

I just got my package. my surprises were a baggy of like 50 or so caps (poly, electrolytic, ceramic, and ones in a metal case), i got the wire and plastic tubing like everyone else, and 2 stereo jacks. shipping took like 1.5-2 weeks to the US, so not too bag actually.

Also, inefficiency my dogs will sometimes sniff then look at me like this

Re: Great new seller of Soviet Germs.

dbat69
My package also arrived with extra goodies - he really is kind and determined to make his customers happy.  Delivery was just a few days - absolutely amazing.
I need to save up again now and order some more Ge transistors as I only got a few this time, but lots of other nice things to add to my slowly increasing stash of parts.  I just hope he can keep getting the stock to keep us eager beavers going

Re: Great new seller of Soviet Germs.

inefficiency
Definitely. I'm concentrating on stocking up on more mundane things at the moment, like switches and jacks and stuff, but as soon as I'm good on that front, I'll be back to our friend.

Re: Great new seller of Soviet Germs.

i here you both. btw, i just tried the SFD-112 diodes in a modified snow job, and all i can say is you better stock up on them when they pop up. when they are switched into the circuit they are warm and smooth, and with the gain all the way up they have a great fuzziness to them, but the circuit remains very clear, ie: you can here the individual notes, and my bass retains its punch. definitely have some "mojo" to them.

oh and i had 1n34a's in them that are "Ge", but are DO-35 package so they are probably
schottky. Ge or schottky they sound fantastic, FYI

Re: Great new seller of Soviet Germs.

inefficiency
Nice! Glad I got that box of 50!

Mark suggested trying them in a Klone, so I reckon that'll be on the cards soon.

I'm currently trying to figure out a Fuzz Factory with a second footswitch to switch the stability pot in and out. The idea being that when it's disengaged you have relatively normal fuzz sounds and then bash it on for mental oscillation. I thought it'd be a sweet project for some of these transistors I got.
It has 2 Ge's in it and a Si. I don't know the deal with the Si, but I was going to try 2 MP20As and a ME4003 and then experiment from there if that doesn't work out.

After that it'll be time for a SFD-112 Klone. I'm a huge Randy Rhoads fan, so maybe even a Dist+ too just for fun.

Re: Great new seller of Soviet Germs.

dbat69
You're getting your own back now Rocket

Thanks for the info - I'll keep my eyes open for some sweeeet diodes when I try some other Ge transistors etc.  I must also try and get some of the FETs for the Phasers (beam me up Scotty) and a good quantity of J201s, now Mark is on an amp simulation spree

Re: Great new seller of Soviet Germs.

@ dbat - where are you located? cause i got i think 100 j201's for like $0.45 each from smallbear. they're all the real deal, very good, and reliable. if you're out of the country and smallbear wants too much for shipping, i can check the cost of shipping to you from me. i'll order everything and ship it all to you, and you'll send me whatever it costs.

@ inefficiency - i think they'll sound great in a klone, but then again i like the EHX soulfood which uses Si diodes so its a little nastier sounding......in a good way.

Re: Great new seller of Soviet Germs.

dbat69
Rocket, I'm in UK.
At the moment I've been getting a few from Tayda each time I put an order in at $0.48 each - haven't tried any yet so don't know whether they're OK or not.  I'll have a look at Smallbear, thanks.  ANd thanks for the offer - very kind.
Looks like this forum is creating a cross-pond trading arm
123456