Harbinger One

ξεναγος νεκροπολης
This post was updated on .
here you are mates
for the supply you can use Marks daughterboard from ehx clone theory layout. take a wire from in of the reg and that would be your 18v
cheers
Savvas

(updated : "Looks like the 2n5087 and 2n5089 need to be swapped  (labeled wrong)

I believe # should be 2n5089 and * 2n5087")
thanks MAO!

Re: Harbinger One

Hozy31
Wow   nice job. I have one of these and i love it.
"Red velvet lines the black box"
MAO

Re: Harbinger One

MAO
Looks like the 2n5087 and 2n5089 need to be swapped  (labeled wrong)

I believe # should be 2n5089 and * 2n5087
1978 Gibson Les Paul Standard, Cherry Sunburst

Re: Harbinger One

ξεναγος νεκροπολης
you're right man. i'll correct this when i'll be at home.
thanks!!!

Re: Harbinger One

strassercaster
fantastic work sir. i didnt think it could be done. you are one smart gentleman. i built one on a pcb from madbean and cant wait to try this one. i need to order some new ldrs and put this thing together. did you make the transistor change yet? Thank you very very much. have yoiu made one to verify. I also saw you did a dirtbaby as well and made it much smaller .great job email me your address i would like to send you a gift. strassercaster@charter.net thanks

Re: Harbinger One

ξεναγος νεκροπολης
thanks for your kind words mate.
you're the first one that called me gentleman or sir ever...!!!i'm just 31 years old...so...
i'm Savvas!
i made the change in the layout as MAO said.
i didn't verify this one cause i don't have any dual pots and i don't think i'll get any in the near future...!

anyway. i'm glad you liked this. and dirtbaby is one of my best time based builds. i think i'll never spend any pt2399s anywhere else!

Re: Harbinger One

strassercaster
once again i salute you. i just finished my dirtbaby that i got from madbeans.its an amazing design. it seems the repeats get a little too dirty but liveable. sometimes that first repeat can be a tiny tiny bit noisy or crackle . any thoughts on this?how about a ehx small stone?

Re: Harbinger One

Alex
This post was updated on .
Great job Savvas!
This is another version (larger than yours) with an extra Multi-Vibe Mod borrowed from the Neovibe.
With rotary switch and lightshield it should comfortably fit in a 1590BBT box (as suggested by Brian).
Can be directly connected to an 18V power supply or you can use the included board.

Re: Harbinger One

Luke51411
I just built a harbinger one on pcb but this is just cool! epic layout. Have you built it? How does the vibe mod sound?

Re: Harbinger One

Alex
Haven't built it yet.
I'm moving and my pedals' stuff has been in various boxes for a while.
I'll build it as soon as i'll settle.
Found that mod in the Neovibe pdf a while ago but couldn't find any videos with it.

Re: Harbinger One

Well I know what my next big project will be. You guys are amazing as always

Re: Harbinger One

strassercaster
This post was updated on .
well I built the Savvas layout because i am putting it into a wah shell. the bulb lights but doesnt flash. I will start with q11 and q12 . Why does it have 18v and 15 volt i built the clone theory board for this and i have 15v . mega bui9ld so close yet so far away ha ha

Re: Harbinger One

ξεναγος νεκροπολης
if i understand right, you've build the charge pump, but you get 15v at the input of the regulator right?
i've build some charge pumps and i had the same problem: theory says i should have 18V, but i get 15-16V.
if that is what you get, then try to use a 18V measured supply if you have, and regulate that one with some filtering to get the 15V too.

Re: Harbinger One

strassercaster
VERIFIED! yep figured it out i had a bad transistor q 13 i think it was on the schematic. sounds pretty good havent boxed it yet.Its got some humming but i hope boxing will take care of that. no LFO tick i was worried about that but seems to be fine.i bought the most expensive best hi/low ratio ldrs from small bear and matched the best 4 out of 6.. now to put this baby into a wah shell that i still have to paint and assemble. I spent a two hours troubleshooting and decided to just switch out that transtor on the edge where most of the gain and offset wires go. it fired right up.

ok now for the MOD i am going to do. So i love how warm and lush this circuit sounds i built one already on a pcb from madbean and waited for a long time for his wah shell friendly pcb to come out but it still hasnt. I am going to put a 4pdt switch on this and put the four capacitors that cause the warble on the .22 .015 4.7n and 470 pf on the switch and use 4 of the same size capacitors to make it into a regular phase shifter.

I will experiment with this till i find four that work well. I will start with 47n i guess. i asked about this on the madbean forum and everyone thought it would be a great idea.i didnt do it with my other harbinger one because it sounds so goid and i tweaked it with a friend on his oscillosce i didnt want to risk it.

now that i have some time while i am painting the box i am going to try this idea. One reply i had was that i beed to to the calculations to get it right.how would i go about doing the calculations or can some one help me out with a better starting point to try . i am just using what the phase 90 uses for the phase capacitors. as long as they are all the same i dont think it will matter much but i could cut frequencys hi or low i was told.so 47n for a starting point any better suggestions?

when its boxed ill do a video of the build with some hendrix and trower stuff i guess so we have a video of it.

thank you Savvas!

Re: Harbinger One

strassercaster
oh and it took an hour and ten minutes to make the board with jumpers.three hours to populate it and two hours to do all of the offboard wiring and pots and trimmers.and i spent almost two one hour troubleshouting sessions. the first one was after building on it all day. figured it out in about twenty minutes after thinking and coming back with a fresh outlook.i figure i will have under an hour painting and assembling the brand new enclosure so all together ill have a total of about 9 hours into it . i could probably do the next one in 6 . i really took my time because it wasnt verified. nowing its verified i would go much faster ha ha.To all those that have done several 10-40 component builds dont be afraid to do a mega build like this or a chorus or some of the mega builds alex and savva have been churning out.its actually even more fun and rewarding when your finished .Just go slow and triple check everything . i usually measue each part before installing and right the actual value next to the BOM list that i check off. then i know its a good part and if i strike gold with a build i can do it again.

Re: Harbinger One

strassercaster
stripboard univibe

Re: Harbinger One

strassercaster

Re: Harbinger One

strassercaster

Re: Harbinger One

ξεναγος νεκροπολης
that's great man!

thanks for verification!

this is a really tough build. big veros always look a bit scary..
but i agree with you about the rewarding when your finish them...just finished boxing my brand new sagan delay, and i can't explain how happy i am!!!

now about the mod you're planning to do, i'm certainly not the one that could help...
i'm not good at matching, calculating and staff...
so...
good luck on that mate!
and thanks for the pictures!
those picture prove that i'm not the only masochist in here!!!!!

Re: Harbinger One

strassercaster
Thanks again Savvas I   posted a voodoo vibe schematic on the request page if your ready for some more pain ha ha.. Take a look and let me know if you think its something you could do or would want to do.I love these phasers and univibe builds.also are there any layouts you want verified? I have over 25 pedals now and have built 46 since febuary this year. I. still want too do at least ten more but I dont know or have a preference on my next build after a tychobrahe octave fuzz i got the transformer for today.