Liquid Mercury Tap Phaser

Re: Liquid Mercury Tap Phaser

Sergio
With that scheme size, having standing resistors would be no drama, at least for me
KT

Re: Liquid Mercury Tap Phaser

KT
Anybody from Europe interested in taplfo chips? Did someone find another source?

Magic Smoke:
1 x TAPLFO chip = $10.50 each, plus shipping,  $9.50 to Europe, Belgium.
for a grand total of : $20.00.

Small Bear:
1 x TAPLFO chip = $9.95
Shipping = $69.70

 I think the cheapest way is to order via Magic Smoke. Or Small bear via someone from the forum in America?

Re: Liquid Mercury Tap Phaser

Muadzin
$69.70 to ship a single chip? Did you select the most expensive option or something? Because while not cheap I could get a TAPLFO, plus wire, plus some expensive trannies, from Smallbear for a shipping cost of $15,95. Which was the cheapest option.

Re: Liquid Mercury Tap Phaser

Hozy31
I am in the process of buying some PIC16F684s and a module for coding to these ics and will hopefully be able to do so by next week. I am quite willing to pass on a few TAPFLO encoded ics to anyone in the UK for cost price plus P&P if anyone is interested and could even go further and do more if there is a great deal of interest. Hope I am not treading on toes doing so though. Let me know if any are interested.
"Red velvet lines the black box"

Holes made, linkers in (yes 64, deleted last post as i can't count), resistors in. Going to finish this beast of in the morning. Really looking forward to how this turns out as the tap tremelo i did a while back is really cool.
"Red velvet lines the black box"

Re: Liquid Mercury Tap Phaser

Hozy31
Call this verified. This was definitley my largest vero build to date. With all those linkers and holes this took me two days, mainly to make sure i didn't make any mistakes. Awesome pedal though and worked first time. Not to difficult to dial in. The dip switch is quite handy but would probably be better as an external switch somehow as it gives really nice variations and will be a pain when boxed up. The ticking of the oscillation can be quite loud when not playing and does creep into the signal when turned off. Other than that a very nice pedal. This will definitely go on the pedal floor.
Thanks Alex for the layout.
"Red velvet lines the black box"

Re: Liquid Mercury Tap Phaser

ExtraRice
Newbie here, I want to build this without the TAPLFO cause I can't seem to find one here in my place.. I really like this pedal and want to build this.. If you could kindly help me with this, with what components I need to get rid of and what I need to add. thanks in advance though..
12