Loophole

Re: Loophole

SonusFluxa
Really happy to report that this works! I used Willard's most recent layout incorporating the mod board. I was pretty nervous, considering the size of the layout and the problems people seemed to be having. For the questionable part, I used the 22R resistor from the original layout. It does get hot, as does the  7805. Also, looking at the original madbean PDF, is he using the 78L05, or does the 7805 also come in a TO-92 package (judging from the picture he included at the end)?

Re: Loophole

Kinski
Awesome! Glad someone got it to work and verified it. I felt bad, as I was the one who originally requested the layout. But I caved and ordered the pcb BEFORE the layout was posted as I didn't think someone was gonna make one.
KT

Re: Loophole

KT
Hi, so you used the big 7805 instead of the normal 78L05? And did you try using the cap instead of the 22R resistor? Can't the heat cause troubles in the future?
My board is almost finished, I hope to finish it next week (don't have time this weekend which is too bad).

Re: Loophole

SonusFluxa
Correct, I used the big one. The 78L05 seems to cause even more heat, on top of a few things acting funny. When I get home from work, I'll give the 10uf cap a shot. I can say though that the 15R resistor didn't work for me.

Re: Loophole

SonusFluxa
Turned the circuit on again with 22R in the socket, resistor and regulator get hot again. Tried the 10u cap with the negative end facing the bottom, cap is fine, regulator is fine, and I think the sound is a tiny bit cleaner. Accidentally knocked it out of the socket, and the results were the same. It might not have to be there, but I'm keeping it there just in case.
KT

Re: Loophole

KT
finished it but it's not working yet (I can get clean sound, volume can be adjusted, leds of circuit never light up). When I attach the 9v wire from the circuit to my test box (with battery) the test box shuts down (the led indicator goes of). Does anybody has trouble shoot tips?

Re: Loophole

SonusFluxa
Not sure if this is your issue, just an idea from me. What does your grounding look like? I noticed that there's a ground going to the board at A-A, and a connection to be made from the board to the 'board ground' on the PLAY 3PDT, but no explicit wire coming off of the board to the stomp switch. I added a wire coming from the hole next to A-A and going to the PLAY switch. Not sure if this was necessary, but I did it to be safe. I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will have a concise answer.
KT

Re: Loophole

KT
Hi, yes, i've noticed now that the switch wiring (ground) that kinkski posted seems different from the one in willards schematic that I used. I'll try it.. thanks

Re: Loophole

Kinski
Hi, the ground wiring on that layout is wrong. Ground should NOT be connected to the top right lug of the play switch.
KT

Re: Loophole

KT
Damn :) I was hoping it was only that :)

Re: Loophole

Kinski
If you want to post some photos of your build perhaps we can take a look. New eyes can help! You sure your wiring is correct? With so many wires, this thing seems easy to misplace something.
KT

Re: Loophole

KT
Hi
This was a long time ago. I was pissed at the circuit for a long time because it din't work :)
I'll try to post pictures later (I don't have a good camera around). But I think it's difficult to look at this board because I rearranged some parts on the right hand side of of IC1. But I'm sure it is right.

Regulator out is 4.10V (sometimes it got really hot, but not always). Is this enough for the pedal to work? Voltage going in is 9,1

Green led works, red not (but I don't know why).

Detune switch can turn green led off, this is not normal right?

Input sound gets to to pin20 of the 1020.
I hear some pulsing sounds on pin 14 of the 1020 and output. All knobs seem to change this sound (loud, silent, dark bright, ..)

Does anybody had some of these problems?

Re: Loophole

SpaceCommandant
After two separate vero builds, each with their own issues, I decided to delve into pcb etching and make a board. I'm pretty happy with the results, but I have one question to anyone familiar with this effect:
when the effect is engaged and you are playing back the loop, is the pitch knob supposed to be able to warp the time on its own? On my build it only works when I'm pressing the Detune switch. I seem to think that on one of my previous circuits it could be used independently.

Re: Loophole

nonost
Does someone have the pdf? I'm pretty interested in this building but I can't get the pdf file.

Thanks!

Re: Loophole

nonost
This post was updated on .
Found it.

I don't really understand why three knobs for volumes...

Anyway, I keep reading.

Cheers.

Re: Loophole

ξεναγος νεκροπολης