Loophole

Kinski
At some point, someone requested a looper. This Madbean Loophole looks really cool.

http://www.madbeanpedals.com/projects/Loophole/Loophole.pdf

Seems similar to the Zvex Loop Junky.

Madbean is no longer selling these boards, so I'm sure he would be totally cool with a vero layout.

Re: Loophole

mirosol
Administrator
With the count of ICs.. Undoable. But there is PCB layout on that file.
+m
fyaelectronics.com

Re: Loophole

Kinski
Ah, yeah, figured. I just posted it cause I saw someone wanted a DIY Looper.

For the record, I am terrible at etching PCBs. I feel like I get worse as time goes on...

Re: Loophole

mirosol
Administrator
That does look interesting though.. We should ask Madbean for a rerun of that pcb...
+m
fyaelectronics.com

Re: Loophole

frooshontay
I believe his page says that he has a Loophole II in the works. I'm not sure when it's due out though.

Re: Loophole

mirosol
Administrator
Should be worth the wait...
+m
fyaelectronics.com

Re: Loophole

Tune Tone
For sure it's possible to crack this one to a vero board version, or ?
thats an exciting one, I'm crossing fingers that some vero board cracker will do that !

Re: Loophole

ξεναγος νεκροπολης
hi there
i drew this one and verified it.
http://guitar-fx-layouts.42897.x6.nabble.com/and-yes-mobius-trip-looper-tp13289.html
i've seen this new one and i also wanted to do this but i don't have much time now.

Re: Loophole

Kinski
Bump for this. Anyone up for making a vero?

Schematic to be found here:
http://www.madbeanpedals.com/projects/Loophole/Loophole.pdf

Re: Loophole

Kinski
Someone even made a modulation board for it, which sounds pretty nice.
Audio: https://soundcloud.com/jakefuzz/loophole-jam?in=jakefuzz/sets/pedal-stuff

Loophole begins around the 0:50 mark. I think it sounds great.

Re: Loophole

Kinski
Just ordered a PCB! Looking forward to this.

Re: Loophole

Willard
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Loophole

dexxyy
The ISD1020ap is a lot wider than your usual IC, from left pins to right pins is 7 columns wide, not 4. You will need to alter the layout to account for that.
If it wasn't for this website I would definitely have a life.

Re: Loophole

Willard
Thanks dexxyy, that's a bit embarrassing, I didn't check the IC - just went off the schematic and assumed it was a 4 pin space! Anyway had another go but had to put a fair bit under the IC to keep space down. Unverified - if there are any other stuff ups let me know. Cheers

Re: Loophole

SpaceCommandant
Thanks for this, Willard.
Just glancing at the Madbean layout and I believe the D1 and D3 should be switched(D1&D2=1N914/D3=1N4001).
I'll be giving this a shot very soon, as I've just received the 1020, and will then attempt to add the warbly-goodness mod.
I'm a bit confused that the Play & Record switches are listed as spst when they're shown as 3pdt in the pdf, but I'll bounce between the layouts and try to figure that out when I shake the fog of this head cold.
Can't wait....

Re: Loophole

Willard
Checking the layout he's changed the labels on the diodes from the schematic. Mine should be right. D1=1N4001, D2,D3 = 1N914. Sorry I didn't check his pcb layout when I did mine so missed the switches. Check the switching below I think it's ok - just disregard the En2 and Safe2 grounding on the board layout and the P/R2 - Safe 1.

Why the 3PDT's? Perhaps use the unused sides for LEDs?

Re: Loophole

SpaceCommandant
Thanks so much, going to build it this week.

Re: Loophole

Kinski
Just built with the PCB and vero modulation. sounds lovely.

Re: Loophole

SpaceCommandant
Hi Kinski, I've read through the Mbean forum and noted the recommended mods when adding the modulation board; I'm wondering what you ended up doing.

As I understood it, the 22R resistor becomes a 10uF cap / one of the 10uF caps becomes a 22uF cap / the 4k7 on the modulation board should be raised / the Depth & Speed pots are reduced / plus there are two additional cuts...

Any advice would be appreciated, as I'm getting the feeling I'll be starting this beast this evening.

Re: Loophole

SpaceCommandant
Well, well...

I just jumped on Mbean to check a diagram and I see that the thread was updated yesterday.

It seems relatively clear now....
123