Pladask Elektrisk Workshop Delay V3

KT

Pladask Elektrisk Workshop Delay V3

KT
Vero layout for the Pladask Elektrisk Workshop Delay V3 that knutolai posted on diystomp. I've not made many layouts yet so tips to improve the layout are welcome.
I've included an option to wire the instant feedback switch differently but this is not tested yet. I hope that it results in quicker feedback by bypassing the 10K feedback finetune trimmer.

I modified my own built with a B50K feedback pot and a B100K modulation pot.

Re: Pladask Elektrisk Workshop Delay V3

nostradoomus
Built this up without the optional switch and aside from the modulation pot not working (haven't tried debugging properly yet) it works as intended. Nice work on a crazy delay! Love it.
KT

Yes, I should remove the alternate switch since the stock switch is working perfectly. This is indeed an awesome delay. I made the delay time pot accessible for my foot, awesome pitch modulation. My modulation pot is working and it is the special feature of this delay, I'll check if my build differs from the layout. The modulation pot delivers a kind of modulation that is very different then modulation in other delays, even enveloped bitcrush sounds are available.
gul

Re: Pladask Elektrisk Workshop Delay V3

gul
Hey KT, did you happen to check if your build differed from the layout?  Thanks for this layout!
KT

Re: Pladask Elektrisk Workshop Delay V3

KT
The wiring of my build is the same as on the vero. nostradoomus, have you checked your modulation again?

Re: Pladask Elektrisk Workshop Delay V3

BetterOffShred
Hey thanks for the plans for this great pedal!  I'm planning on giving this a go, and I was wondering if I could get some clarification on the led driver portion of the schematic using the 2N7000.  Do you just build that as a little daughter board and then run a wire from pin 5 of the PT2399 (clock) to what would be 'P5' on the schematic?  I've always been a sucker for flashing lights on my delays..
Thanks again for the layout.  I'm looking forward to this one.
-Brett
KT

Re: Pladask Elektrisk Workshop Delay V3

KT
Hi, if you build it, let me know what you think of it. It an do normal and crazy, I love it. The top left part with the 2N7000 is the part of the millenium bypass i think. I don't know if it will flash if you wire it to pin 5 but I don't think that is the purpose.

good luck with it.

Re: Pladask Elektrisk Workshop Delay V3

BetterOffShred
Ah yes you're correct.  I was wistfully thinking!  I have built a few millennium bypass before, not sure why I didn't recognize it!  Anyway, yes I will give it a spin soon, I have listened to some demos of Elektrisk's other stuff too, I really like the Gjengangar as well.. that's a crazy effect.
-Brett

Re: Pladask Elektrisk Workshop Delay V3

Charan
Hello, can you tell me how I'd need to modify the layout to set this up as standard True Bypass? I don't have a 2N7000 transistor, and I'm pretty familiar with standard true bypass wiring.

Also, is the trimpot absolutely necessary?

Thanks!
KT

Re: Pladask Elektrisk Workshop Delay V3

KT
This post was updated on .
the vero doesn't need to be modified for standard true bypass. You can follow the approach on the main site: http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.be/2012/02/offboard-wiring.html

The trimpot is nice to find the sweet spot for your feedback pot. You could also test a few resistors.

Re: Pladask Elektrisk Workshop Delay V3

Charan
Ahh ok I see the millenium bypass is just on the schematic, but not the vero. Thanks!

Re: Pladask Elektrisk Workshop Delay V3

GrooveChampion
What I dont understand is how there are modulation controls but no optocoupler, can someone give insight to my ignorance?
KT

Re: Pladask Elektrisk Workshop Delay V3

KT
I can't give the real theory behind it but it is like a circuit bend.. Making the chip unstable and let it do weird stuff that it's not supposed to do. It is definitely not the same kind of modulation that were used to like in other pt2399 delays. That's what makes this one unique in my opinion. You could add this control also to your favourite pt2399 delay. Also the mix control is different in this delay.

Re: Pladask Elektrisk Workshop Delay V3

GrooveChampion
I should really give this one a try

Re: Pladask Elektrisk Workshop Delay V3

It's not necessary to use an optocoupler to modulate a delay time. Many classic circuits like the Deluxe Memory Man or CE-2 chorus modulate the delay time without using an optocoupler.

Maybe check out the Dirtbaby or Glam chorus to get an idea of how that can be implemented on a PT2399 delay

Re: Pladask Elektrisk Workshop Delay V3

traktop
I´ve just been watching videos and this thing seemed to sound great. It kicks deep blue delay big time with 2 heads, send loop and modulation on a very reasonable board size.
Did you noticed any tone sucking on the clean signal?

I have to admit I found no demos of this delay, anyone got some links?
KT

If I'm not mistake, the V3 originates from the a delay discussed in this thread: http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=112920.80

There is a video of a modded one. It is not the same but some settings are close. Some of the self modulation sounds are similar.

Re: Pladask Elektrisk Workshop Delay V3

traktop
I thought it was this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmzqgYIUBjw

Re: Pladask Elektrisk Workshop Delay V3

spacefuzz74
OK!!  I built this, but am having some problems...

I put a 10 ohm resistor at the spot right after the 9V input, it immediately burnt up.

Then I put a 10k resistor there instead of the 10 ohm, no burning, but also no signal.  So, I took the 10k out and bridged the cut (bypassing any kind of resistor there) and i'm getting a rhythmic pulsing but still no signal.

I have a jewelers saw that I use to cut all the traces, so I'm close to positive I don't have any solder bridges.

Here is a photo of the populated board, if you can spot any errors, please let me know!  (the 4001 diode has the white strip facing up).  I also used a 7805 for the regulator instead of a 78L05, but that should not be a problem, and as far as pinout on that I looked it up and it "should" be in the correct orientation.  Thanks!

12