Ross Phaser Extra Phase Stages Add-On Board

Ross Phaser Extra Phase Stages Add-On Board

Alex
This is the extra board:

This shows were it needs to be connected on the main board
(need to add a link and 2 cuts where N & O are):

Re: Ross Phaser Extra Phase Stages Add-On Board

notnews
This is great, Alex... awesome work!

What is the theory behind what's going on here? Would anyone mind explaining to me how this add-on works?

The differential op-amps use the varying currents to undulate the filter frequencies, right? Voltages coming into the op-amp inputs are changing, and their difference is output by these LM's as a current proportional to the difference in voltages are the inputs.. so as the input voltages change, the output currents change along with them and feed a bunch of resistor+capacitor LP/HP filters?

I'm still trying to get the hang of it guys

Re: Ross Phaser Extra Phase Stages Add-On Board

Mark SL
I added the extra stages. They are verified although I would say it sounds better without them.

Re: Ross Phaser Extra Phase Stages Add-On Board

strassercaster
Thanks again Alex Your on fire pumping them out like crazy. I have a couple more weeks on the lm13600 chips. I sawthe one guy said it was better without But ill have to try for myself. I didnt really car for the mxr phase 100 6 stages might be too many i guess this has 8

Re: Ross Phaser Extra Phase Stages Add-On Board

chance
I added the extra stages but I did not connect W pad, it would stop working if I did. Sweet sound phaser, add-on board works! Thanks Alex.