Runoffgroove Tri-Vibe

johnk
Runoffgroove Tri-Vibe:

Re: Runoffgroove Tri-Vibe

mojo321
Excellent John, you da man! I've really, really been wanting a vibe pedal.  Can you give me your insights on these?

Bigfoot FX Magnavibe  (DIY vero from here)
classicamplification.net  (Vibe-Baby kit)
Dunlop Rotovibe  (ebay...ouch)
ROG Tri-Vibe  (DIY vero from here)

This Tri-Vibe looks more like the Little Angel Chorus, as I don't see an LDR on it.  I already have a Chorus pedal that I modified and I think it sounds great.  I don't need another Chorus.   What are your feelings?  The classicamplification.net website makes a pretty compelling case for their Vibe-Baby.

Re: Runoffgroove Tri-Vibe

johnk
IMO, this is an awesome sounding pedal.
 i'm actually not fond of the Little Angel at all. so much so that I already boxed my Little Angel up, but I may eventually end up using its enclosure for another pedal since I just don't care for it.

as far as the others that you mentioned, I can't compare the tri-vibe to them since I haven't tried them yet.

Re: Runoffgroove Tri-Vibe

mojo321
OK, well then I'm gonna make the Tri-Vibe and the Magnavibe.   I like to build two pedals at a time anyway, seems more efficient to me.  We'll just see how the LDR method compares to the 13600 method for getting a good vibe sound! Thanks,

Re: Runoffgroove Tri-Vibe

Jopn
Put this in the other related thread too. I built this up based on the above layout and it sounds great.

Thanks John!
Q: Why is a drummer like a scud missile?
A: Both are offensive and inaccurate.

Re: Runoffgroove Tri-Vibe

Excellent nice one John.  I put off doing a layout for this for ages because the way I'd want to do it to keep things the way I like them would mean the layout would end up fairly narrow in width but with lots of rows, and because of the number of ICs it would end up unwieldy.  I may still do it one day just to see if the layout ends up looking as weird as I expected

Re: Runoffgroove Tri-Vibe

Jopn
This one ended up being a full one of these:
http://www.taydaelectronics.com/hardware/prototyping-boards/small-stripboard-94x53mm-silver.html

It'll be a 1590bb for sure. I'm just trying to decide what else I want at the end of my signal chain to sneak into the same box.  Maybe switchable buffer, maybe LPB1...  We'll see :)
Q: Why is a drummer like a scud missile?
A: Both are offensive and inaccurate.

Re: Runoffgroove Tri-Vibe

Jopn
Just about finished building my second one of these, I absolutely love this effect.

2 things I've learned:
- This will fit in a 125b width wise
- Having a 22r resistor attached to the 9v rail means that an inconveniently located solder bridge will result in that resistor bursting into flames.
Q: Why is a drummer like a scud missile?
A: Both are offensive and inaccurate.

Re: Runoffgroove Tri-Vibe

Hozy31
Built this today and its a great vibe. Recommend giving it a try. Thanks johnk
"Red velvet lines the black box"

Re: Runoffgroove Tri-Vibe

motterpaul
I am missing part of the picture? I don't see some of the values - is that an LED, and what kind of diodes are used?

Is this an LDR effect?

Also - what is a 13600?

Re: Runoffgroove Tri-Vibe

Beaker
Go to the source - tells you everything you need to know:

http://www.runoffgroove.com/tri-vibe.html