When I emailed Repeater about the PLL, he also sent me a schematic for an updated version of the effect. I was going to try my hand at a vero layout, but I haven't had the time. I figured I would post it here, if someone wants to have a go at it.
I'm very interested in this, looks like a lot of fun for not many parts. As I start to breadboard it, I notice the second opamp is set up in a way that is entirely unfamiliar to me: It looks like a standard inverting gain stage but with the +/- labels on the inputs reversed, I.e. I would expect to see vref go to the non-inverting input, and the input resistor go to the inverting input, with a feedback resistor from output back to inverting input. I wonder if it's an error or just a weird configuration I haven't come across before.
Just finished this up, I'm only getting oscillations that don't seem to be impacted by the input signal.
Did a quick check of the layout against the schematic. Looks like r2 (1M to v+ off the input cap) is missing, and the polarity of c3 (47uf) is reversed. Not sure if this has anything to do with it. I took my knife to the rows, did a basic check for my possible mistakes, but I'll give it fresh eyes tomorrow.
Sorry to hear that. You are right! Thanks for pointing that out. Cant believe I missed the 1M to V+, but I did. Will edit the layout after I checked it again. I just took for granted the 47uF was minus to ground.
I have now looked through the layout. Took the schem and noticed every component and conection. "Unfortunately" I can´t find any other errors.. (except the 1M to V+ and the fliped 47u) I think the flipped cap is strange. (Plus to ground and minus to +4,5V?) That cap can´t feel verry good? Or am I missing something in electronic knowledge that explain it?
Well, give me a hint when you´ve squeezed in the 1M! maybe thats the "only" problem.
I wouldn´t flip the cap before I tested the circuit with the 1M in place. To my knowledge-level that has to be a culprit in the schem.
The 1M didn't do a ton, but gave me a little more control with the guitar signal than before. Fuzz started coming in once I added it though. I flipped the cap, again not a huge change, but a bit more control with guitar. The problem seems to be that the effect comes on for a few seconds, then goes off into oscillation. I'm going to give my build a good look over. If someone else builds it, we can get another opinion. I didn't add the filter cap, not that it should make a difference, right?
Awesome glitch monster. Fun little circuit works on bass too. I think with a compressor it is nice to tame the loudness that can occur with some settings. Neat with delay and chorus.
Thanks for the add.
One turns the glitch knob on. with it off its more like a squarey synth fuzz. The other changes the setting of the glitch from octave down type sound to a really splattery noise factory. The glitch knob seems to sweep frequency from low to high. I'll make a little demo and toss it up here in a bit.
I scrapped my first build and did it over. Works great! Everything that was mentioned above. Super glitchy. This and the version 1 are definitely two different flavors, so I would recommend both. Thanks, doomkraft, for the layout, and for being patient with my build difficulties!