Updated Repeater PLL

Re: Updated Repeater PLL

edo1123
Where can I find a demo of this one? It looks great, but there's not a single demo or a sample

Re: Updated Repeater PLL

doomkraft89
Happy to hear that it worked out!
Stoned to the bone, Swedens legacy.

Re: Updated Repeater PLL

frederickpdog
Oh, also I forgot a key item use a NE5532 instead of the TL072 it works way better. Also I'd say more synth than noise. It has the ability to play notes and melodies not just random wackoville.

here's a quick video of the circuit...

https://youtu.be/5KBxbR7osUk

-Ryan
aka Built by Ryan
aka Frederickpdog

Re: Updated Repeater PLL

frederickpdog
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
-Ryan
aka Built by Ryan
aka Frederickpdog

Re: Updated Repeater PLL

edo1123
Amy ideas on some mods? I mean, cd4046 seems to have so much to give.

Re: Updated Repeater PLL

SonusFluxa
Haven't come up with any myself, but this thread on e-music is a treasure trove of awesome ideas with the chip, not sure how applicable they are (and if you do some digging, user synaesthesia has done quite a lot with it in other threads as well).

Re: Updated Repeater PLL

BetterOffShred
Looking for a sound clip, stumbled across your video Ryan ( I assume its yours.. the pedal looks the same) and you're saying to use a NE5532 instead of the 72?     Anyone else check this out yet?
-Brett

Re: Updated Repeater PLL

Hozy31
I just built it. Sounds pretty good. Didn't try the 072 just used the 5532.
"Red velvet lines the black box"

Re: Updated Repeater PLL

BetterOffShred
I just finished this, had it waiting in the wing for quite a while.  I have to say that this little bastard is amazing. It took me down the rabbit hole for a couple hours for sure.  I tried a bunch of chips, ended up settling on the Jrc 4558. The tl072 and ne5532 both sounded good, the Jrc4580 sounded ok too,  but the 4558 seemed to have the most 'stability' on one end of the glitch switch. The glitch does bleed through a little with the glitch switch in the off position, but I kind if like it, I have plenty of straight up fuzzes.  I used a 220u power filter cap, and it's way too much. I'll probably try a 47u. I also socketed a 220n input cap, which I like better for my guitars and down tunings.  But really this thing sounds amazing.  Build one and trip the light fantastic for a few hours and forget about the world
-Brett

Re: Updated Repeater PLL

BetterOffShred
Well I had this thing made up for a long ass time and had a 1590B boxed drilled .. but didn't want to box it ..  so I finally just did it..  what a fun circuit.   Also, my transistor fell out in the last year or whatever so I tried a few..  I think a plain old 2N3904 sounded the best.  It actually has pretty decent PLL tracking in some areas.   Once again, a really fun build.

Re: Updated Repeater PLL

Guzz
Mine works OK (all pots do what they should, etc), but the effect I get is only about 70% as wild as the youtube demo. Any idea where that might be coming from, or where to look for ?

I Should add that:

1) I'm playing a guitar with active pickups (EMGs)

2) Silly me put the 4046 backward, and fried it. Could this have caused any damage to the reste of the circuit ?

I've check for micro bridges already.

Thanks !

Re: Updated Repeater PLL

BetterOffShred
I am certainly not an expert but I wouldn't be surprised if the active pickups played a large role in that ... as far as the chip, just get another one cheap from Tayda or off eBay.  Mine is wild as hell!

Re: Updated Repeater PLL

Guzz
Went and bought a proper Phillips CD4046 from the local store. I hear no real difference between this one and the one from Tayda's I got in previously. Tried a bunch of different Transistors too and the difference they make is subtle at best.

So either I burned something else in the circuit while I burned my first CD4046, or the pickups/amp/whatever combination just make it a bit more subtle.

Let's call it mojo, whatever.
12