Updated Repeater PLL

SonusFluxa
When I emailed Repeater about the PLL, he also sent me a schematic for an updated version of the effect. I was going to try my hand at a vero layout, but I haven't had the time. I figured I would post it here, if someone wants to have a go at it.

Re: Updated Repeater PLL

Hozy31
Image isn't showing up!
"Red velvet lines the black box"

Re: Updated Repeater PLL

Silver Blues
Shows up for me, it's just really huge so all you see is white until you scroll a bit.

Re: Updated Repeater PLL

Hozy31
Oh yeah, that is massive.
"Red velvet lines the black box"

Re: Updated Repeater PLL

SonusFluxa
Yeah, sorry about that. I tried to resize it but the text was illegible.

Re: Updated Repeater PLL

nocentelli
I'm very interested in this, looks like a lot of fun for not many parts. As I start to breadboard it, I notice the second opamp is set up in a way that is entirely unfamiliar to me: It looks like a standard inverting gain stage but with the +/- labels on the inputs reversed, I.e. I would expect to see vref go to the non-inverting input, and the input resistor go to the inverting input, with a feedback resistor from output back to inverting input. I wonder if it's an error or just a weird configuration I haven't come across before.

Re: Updated Repeater PLL

doomkraft89
Not that pretty. should do the work.
Edit2: Fixed missed 1M resistor. 47uF cap is oriented the other way in the schem. Think it´s a culprit.
Stoned to the bone, Swedens legacy.

Re: Updated Repeater PLL

SonusFluxa
Awesome! I'm starting the build now, any recommendations for the value of the filtering cap?

Re: Updated Repeater PLL

SonusFluxa
Just finished this up, I'm only getting oscillations that don't seem to be impacted by the input signal.

Did a quick check of the layout against the schematic. Looks like r2 (1M to v+ off the input cap) is missing, and the polarity of c3 (47uf) is reversed. Not sure if this has anything to do with it. I took my knife to the rows, did a basic check for my possible mistakes, but I'll give it fresh eyes tomorrow.

Re: Updated Repeater PLL

doomkraft89
Sorry to hear that. You are right! Thanks for pointing that out. Cant believe I missed the 1M to V+, but I did. Will edit the layout after I checked it again. I just took for granted the 47uF was minus to ground.
Stoned to the bone, Swedens legacy.

Re: Updated Repeater PLL

doomkraft89
I have now looked through the layout. Took the schem and noticed every component and conection. "Unfortunately" I can´t find any other errors.. (except the 1M to V+ and the fliped 47u) I think the flipped cap is strange. (Plus to ground and minus to +4,5V?) That cap can´t feel verry good? Or am I missing something in electronic knowledge that explain it?

Well, give me a hint when you´ve squeezed in the 1M! maybe thats the "only" problem.
I wouldn´t flip the cap before I tested the circuit with the 1M in place. To my knowledge-level that has to be a culprit in the schem.
Stoned to the bone, Swedens legacy.

Re: Updated Repeater PLL

SonusFluxa
The 1M didn't do a ton, but gave me a little more control with the guitar signal than before. Fuzz started coming in once I added it though. I flipped the cap, again not a huge change, but a bit more control with guitar. The problem seems to be that the effect comes on for a few seconds, then goes off into oscillation. I'm going to give my build a good look over. If someone else builds it, we can get another opinion. I didn't add the filter cap, not that it should make a difference, right?

Re: Updated Repeater PLL

doomkraft89
Did you get it to work when you breadboard it?
Stoned to the bone, Swedens legacy.

Re: Updated Repeater PLL

frederickpdog

Awesome glitch monster. Fun little circuit works on bass too. I think with a compressor it is nice to tame the loudness that can occur with some settings. Neat with delay and chorus.
Thanks for the add.

 -Ryan
aka Built by Ryan

-Ryan
aka Built by Ryan
aka Frederickpdog

Re: Updated Repeater PLL

Kinski
Nice! So what do the two toggles do?

Re: Updated Repeater PLL

frederickpdog
One turns the glitch knob on. with it off its more like a squarey synth fuzz. The other changes the setting of the glitch from octave down type sound to a really splattery noise factory. The glitch knob seems to sweep frequency from low to high. I'll make a little demo and toss it up here in a bit.
-Ryan
aka Built by Ryan
aka Frederickpdog

Re: Updated Repeater PLL

Kinski
Oh great. This is certainly high on my list to build. Just need to find time to actually do it.

Re: Updated Repeater PLL

SonusFluxa
I scrapped my first build and did it over. Works great! Everything that was mentioned above. Super glitchy. This and the version 1 are definitely two different flavors, so I would recommend both. Thanks, doomkraft, for the layout, and for being patient with my build difficulties!

Re: Updated Repeater PLL

Re: Updated Repeater PLL

SonusFluxa
12