BJFE BlueBerry OD Creation - Circuit Help

Re: BJFE BlueBerry OD Creation - Circuit Help

johnk
I drew up a PCB for it in diy layout creator with no standing axial components. I just need to resize it and clean up the traces so I can etch one later tonight.

Re: BJFE BlueBerry OD Creation - Circuit Help

Silver Blues
Awesome. Post it up when you're done??

And Rocket, no you appear correctly, I'm just dumb lol. Don't even worry.

Re: BJFE BlueBerry OD Creation - Circuit Help

Oh no I don't appear correctly at all. Check all the messages l post under effects. I'm still johns, and all the new guys call me john, so at this point I just answer to john. Lol. So buddy, you're not even close to stupid. Plus, I don't have stupid friends.

Re: BJFE BlueBerry OD Creation - Circuit Help

Re: BJFE BlueBerry OD Creation - Circuit Help

johnk
Silver Blues wrote
Awesome. Post it up when you're done??
yeah i'll post it once it's built and verified.
it's in the etch bath right now.
then i'll  just need to drill it, mount the components and test it.

Re: BJFE BlueBerry OD Creation - Circuit Help

Vero layout based on Mark's. values changed to reflect that of the bbbod.

schematic

check this over to make sure everything looks ok. if it looks good, i'll post it in the contributions section. just finished it after going bar hopping celebrating all hallows eve (Halloween), so i may have miss something. i may have done a little too much of this

Re: BJFE BlueBerry OD Creation - Circuit Help

johnk
got it built up now. I just need to wire it up and test it.
by vero dimensions,  it measures 21 x 13 so it'll easily fit in a 1590B.

This post was updated on .
after looking at the schematic posted on freestompboxes and comparing them to my pics, there is no 2K64 resistor. BOTH of the brown dale resistors read 1331J (and 2641B) so I believe that they're both 2K64's (2.64K).

You're right, they do both read 1331J and 2641B. That's really confusing because either one could be either 1K33 or 2K64, right...? I have 2 (haha) Dale resistors in my spares stash that both have the value marked explicitly on them.

Re: BJFE BlueBerry OD Creation - Circuit Help

johnk
rocket88 wrote
so i should just change that 2.64k resistor to 1.33k?
now I think that they should both be 2K64's. lohtsah says no, but I believe that he's incorrect. they're 'RN' type of resistors and the 'B' designation  makes them .1% tolerance.

look at these pics:

although I no longer have my buddy's pedal to compare it to, my build sounds like the posted videos.

Makes sense I suppose. This is hilarious, we have full gutshots and an otherwise correct schematic and what trips us up is a resistor value

IMO, you can verify this PCB layout:

Excellent. How should one resize it for toner-transfer printing? (i.e. how big is the final board?)

Re: BJFE BlueBerry OD Creation - Circuit Help

johnk
just print this one at actual size (800dpi resolution):

Ohhh you're amazing. Thanks a bunch man. I'll be waiting with bated breath for the moment I can get to etch and build this.

Re: BJFE BlueBerry OD Creation - Circuit Help

Silver Blues
So yeah, we've got the Blueberry, now all we need to do is crack the B3K. I'll fucking cry

Re: BJFE BlueBerry OD Creation - Circuit Help

johnk
i had both the DG B3K and their VMT and I didn't like either one at all so I won't be cloning them even if we do find a schematic for them.

Re: BJFE BlueBerry OD Creation - Circuit Help

Silver Blues
Really? That's interesting. I quite like the B3K. Haven't heard enough of the VMT to really make a decision about it.

Re: BJFE BlueBerry OD Creation - Circuit Help

well i've made the change to the resistor from 1.33k to 2.64k. this time the vero should be good to go.

all i can say is YAH!!!!!!!!!!!
also, good job
12345