CRAZY HUGE VERO!

johnk
I just finished drawing up a vero for the Musitronics Phasor II. It has 7 chips (counting the voltage inverter for the dual supply), one transistor and THREE dual vactrols! that's SIX optos!  I still have a vintage original one and i love it, but I wanted to build my own slightly smaller version that runs on a standard center negative 9V supply. the vero is so big that it won't even fit in a 1590BB. it's going to have to go into a 1790NS (same size as a Hammond 1590XX) but that's still smaller than the original that runs on 120VAC.
i'm almost embarrassed to post it since it has so many cuts and links (and even some stand up resistors) but I just couldn't get it any smaller (for now). i''m sure that IvIark could since he's great at drawing them, but I doubt that he'd even want to bother drawing this one up.

looking at the schematic, it actually appeared somewhat simple (until i started drawing it up!), so here's the schematic for it.

Re: CRAZY HUGE VERO!

adapt
There's no way it's any bigger or crazier than Dino's infinitphase vero, post it up!

Re: CRAZY HUGE VERO!

johnk
This post was updated on .
well, it's pretty close to that size.

it's not verified yet but I've been over it a zillion times so i'm pretty confident that it'll work properly.
I plan on building it in the next few days.

Re: CRAZY HUGE VERO!

Re: CRAZY HUGE VERO!

inefficiency

Re: CRAZY HUGE VERO!

Awesome, nice one John

Re: CRAZY HUGE VERO!

dbat69
That's Tayda's profits gone through the roof

Some serious work there John - mmmm looks like a challenge
no .. no .. no .. must be good - have some other to do ... must do first

Re: CRAZY HUGE VERO!

man, if john says the original is good and he still has it, then it must be worth a build. can't wait till its verified.

Re: CRAZY HUGE VERO!

johnk
just an FYI. be sure that you always refresh the page to get the latest vero since I've updated it a few times now.

i'm just waiting to for my three VTL5C3/2 vactrols to get here and then i'll start the build, and (hopefully)can verify it.

Re: CRAZY HUGE VERO!

Re: CRAZY HUGE VERO!

Re: CRAZY HUGE VERO!

Heath

Re: CRAZY HUGE VERO!

Haha

Re: CRAZY HUGE VERO!

inefficiency

Re: CRAZY HUGE VERO!

johnk
youse guys is funny!

Re: CRAZY HUGE VERO!

johnk
well the VTL5C3/2's came today so I got started on the board. it took me just over an hour just to get it this far! (91 cuts with 56 links is a bitch)

tomorrow, all of the components are going to be added, then i'll test the layout.

Re: CRAZY HUGE VERO!

jalmonsalmon
Massive! Just about as bad as tackling an AD/A flanger on vero

Where do you get that Green stripboard from? Never seen that kind...

Re: CRAZY HUGE VERO!

johnk
I get the green vero locally.

........and it's VERIFIED!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can't believe that it worked perfect the first time with NO troubleshooting.
and it sounds AWESOME!

Re: CRAZY HUGE VERO!

Awesome job John, looks fantastic

Re: CRAZY HUGE VERO!

jalmonsalmon
 WOW...
GOOD JOB!  I may have to try this one out if I get brave LOL
Demos of this phaser  sounds too good...
1234