Introductions

Re: Introductions

Nice to have as many United fans here as we can get, especially with dodgy Chelsea fans knocking about

Re: Introductions

Stinger25
Haha, yeah,
we even have an official fans branch here in Israel.
I think United is the only team from PL that have such a massive fan base here in Israel

Re: Introductions

dodido
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Introductions

Definitely, we were lucky during the week and you deserved something from the game.  Your league position doesn't reflect how good you can play as a team, in fact I reckon you gave us a couple of the hardest games we seem to have had all season.

Re: Introductions

otalgiafx
Hi,

Mike from Cardiff.  IT guy, like to make pedals when the wifes not looking :)
She says they all sound the same, luddite!

Re: Introductions

lunchie
My name is Lunchie and im from West Central Illinois. I am on the verge of getting into pedal building and can already feel the sickness coming over me .

I am currently waiting on the parts to make a home made Beavis Board. After that i plan on making a buffer or two and a couple easy boosts to get my feet wet. I am not new to soldering but I am new to trying to read schematics and PCB layouts.

Lots of good info here and hope I hope that in the future I will be able to repay with some knowledge of my own.

Re: Introductions

Ross
I'm Ross from the US. I'm just finishing up high school, soon college-bound (no idea where), where I will study electrical engineering. I've been a tinkerer my whole life, but I've only been building pedals for about a year.  I have a one-man business (Smugtronix), and I'm just about ready to launch my first product (a simple 1590A buffer). I've been spending the last month or so learning Eagle, and I'm about ready to send my design out for fabrication.

Re: Introductions

Kinski
Okay, so my new name is Kinski. This will match my name found on FSB, DIYSB, ETC...

Goodbye Rooo....

Re: Introductions

Kost1978
Paolo from Italy here, "seasonal guitar player and singer", if I can say so, not my job, but a beautiful hobby that keeps me quite busy!
I don't remember how I came across this blog, but I'm checking it every day now! Waiting for my order to come in to finally start building from these layouts!

So, thank you Mark and Miro for keeping us busy and dreaming for our next build!

Re: Introductions

Hey all, I'm Roberto, from Halifax, NS. I'm a bassist who plays a little guitar and tenor sax and like everyone else, audio electronics is my serious hobby. There's more music and electronics shit in my house than anything else, lol. And seriously, thanks for this site, guys, it is fantastic.

I'm under this screen name in a number of places so you'll know who I am if you see me! :P

(saw this thread again and no longer go by the moniker this sentence replaced so forget it lol)

Re: Introductions

can't believe i found this thread ALLLLLLLLLLL the way back in the darkest part of the forum, and that i didn't post here when i first started 1 1/2 years ago, but for those that don't know i'm Zach, from new jersey, usa. bassists and guitarist who has a serious issue building instruments and effects in my spare time, when i'm not working on and racing one of my cars. been a science educator for the past 7years, also been involved in genetic research and education research.

i like long walks on the beach, sunsets, and......... oh wait, wrong site for that

i couldn't be happier being in a part of the community here,

and the 10 million dollar answers, i'm an arsenal fan. i expect this won't change my standing here.....

Re: Introductions

ξεναγος νεκροπολης
rocket thanks for bringing that topic back to the light!

Savvas here.
Cook from Thessaloniki.
not a football fun....sorry!

i'm building effects for about 9-10 months, i've spend a fortune but i can build almost everything from this site now....and i LOVE IT !!!!!
i'm trying to help as much as i can everyone here.
it's a tiny thing compered with what Mark and Mirosol have done till now.

i love my bike.
and i hate when people are just looking their job and don't care for anything else.
i hate when people are just waiting to die...

when i'll grow up, i want to became 16 years old again.

keep on soldering!

Re: Introductions

Silver Blues
ξεναγος νεκροπολης wrote
i love my bike.
Same here!  I was sick this past week and the worst part of it was that I didn't feel well enough to ride my bike until Friday.

Re: Introductions

adapt
i can't believe i missed this either.

i'm nic from portland, OR. data scientist, writer, amateur pedal builder, bachelor. degree in mathematics.

i, too love my bike. not a football fan, but am a huge basketball fan. go blazers!

Re: Introductions

i'm not much of a biker, too slow for me, and i just can't do it. but i do pick up heavy pieces of iron and put them down everyday.

BTW, if we're talking about american football, NEW YORK GO GIANTS!!!!

Re: Introductions

vrthng
hey guys

im Zoltan from hungary and i just spent my saved money to order parts haha

Re: Introductions

negativefx
Never posted here either.

Eric from Fort Collins, Colorado.  I'm a computer scientist by trade but ended up on the business side of one of the larger software companies in the world... haven't programmed (for pay) in years!  I work from home now so there's plenty of conference calls where I have the iron hot.  ;)

I've been in bands for around 15 years, started on bass, then to guitar, and now back to bass.  Punk rock roots but I primarily play hard/heavy rock nowadays.  My first pedal project was a guv'nor from *I think* generalguitargadgets.com.  Between myself and my two guitards, well over half of our boards are pedals I made.

Unfortunately don't watch 'real' football like the rest of the world but I'm a Detroit Lions/Red Wings/Pistons fan given my upbringing in Michigan.

I don't think I've ever posted a photo of one of my builds on here, so here you go... a triple wreck I made for my guitar player earlier this year.

Re: Introductions

iggy
Mark here from Colorado in the US. I work for a company that designs and installs commercial sound and video systems. I also work from home which makes it easy to cheat in time to work on circuits. Don't tell my boss. LOL.

If I'm not soldiering, i'm out on my bike. Have two motorcycles and spend all my time pedaling. Hey who put all these hills in Colorado. My legs hurt.

Glad to see there's other folks with the same affliction as me. Such an addictive hobby.

As for football. Go Broncos!!!! woohoo!!!!!!

BTW: way down the rabbits hole. ggggrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!! germanium!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it'll make you crazy.

Re: Introductions

Beaker
I swear that half the guys on here are called Mark - myself included!

Re: Introductions