Pitch Pirate Deluxe Vero - Verified

Mark SL

Re: Pitch Pirate Deluxe Vero - Verified

Nice one Mark, thanks for sharing

Re: Pitch Pirate Deluxe Vero - Verified

Heath
I am so going to build the shit out of this one.

Re: Pitch Pirate Deluxe Vero - Verified

Synsound
I'm planning on ordering parts for this. Does anyone have any experience building off this layout? I also wanted to check that the larger black circles on the pic were representative of double links.?
Give a man a match and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Re: Pitch Pirate Deluxe Vero - Verified

Mark SL
Yes those are double links. The layout is pretty bad but it works. When wiring the pots I would look at the schematic as well as this layout. You can add the off board resistors to the layout pretty easily with a few more cuts. I would redo the layout but I'm down to an iPad now and need a new computer.

Re: Pitch Pirate Deluxe Vero - Verified

Synsound
Thanks Mark. As long as it works I don't care how pretty it is. If you get a chance could you link the schematic?
I can't wait to get stuff in for this.

Mark SL
If you go through the pitch pirate thread on freestompboxes, you will see the schematic there. Apparently its of an older version of the deluxe but it makes the same sounds as the newer version.

Re: Pitch Pirate Deluxe Vero - Verified

Synsound
Thanks again Mark. I'm waiting for parts now. I'm hoping the tayda ldrs will work.
Give a man a match and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Re: Pitch Pirate Deluxe Vero - Verified

Synsound
I was just wondering what foot switch pin out you were using. I usually use the one from the off board wiring section but think this May call fore something else.
And should I assume lug one to be top left and lug three to be bottom left reading the switch numbering from top to bottom and the left to right?
Give a man a match and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Re: Pitch Pirate Deluxe Vero - Verified

Synsound
One more question, I have it working. I skipped the foot switch for now  ,since I'm not sure of the wiring,and just sent the 2 foot switch connections(4&5) to ground. When I turn up the blend for wet sound I have to go pretty far to get the expected effect and I lose a lot of volume, even with the internal trimmer maxed. I assumed that the "A"row of the double gang was the top or closest to the shaft and "B" was furthest from the shaft. Am I reversed? This is the first time I've used one. Just trying to find my lost volume.
Any help is greatly appreciated
KT

Hi, did it work with the tayda ldrs?

Re: Pitch Pirate Deluxe Vero - Verified

Synsound
I'm not sure what happened with my build. It had a few quarks with level so I filed between all of the strips. When I tried it again it was dead? I screwed something up somewhere. I did, however, use the tayda ldrs on the standard version without the delay and they work great. I opted for the standard as it was a simpler build and the delay is redundant on my board since I have the Clari(not) as well.
Give a man a match and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Re: Pitch Pirate Deluxe Vero - Verified

adapt
i found the original layout to be a bit funky (no offense) so i drew this one up today. this is according to FSB schematic. i labeled "FS ground" as such but it just connects to ground in the schematic so it probably doesnt matter. i 4-checked it and it looks correct to me.

popping in to say the above layout is now verified also.
KT

I used the first layout. It works and I enjoy it a lot. But I can't turn the feedback above 9 without having ridiculous amounts of feedback. Also, in demo's people get some warm sounds out of it while mine is a little bit harsh. I tried all my delay chips and that didn't change it. LDR (tayda) and I tried 2 different leds but it only improved a little bit with the second led. But still, you can get really cool sounds from it.

Re: Pitch Pirate Deluxe Vero - Verified

adapt
This post was updated on .
not sure if this has anything to do with it, but in the first layout, there are two capacitors coming off pin 14 of the pt2399, one is 10nf that leads to blend b3, the other is 100nf that leads to feedback 3. they are supposed to both be 100nf as per the schematic.
KT

Re: Pitch Pirate Deluxe Vero - Verified

KT
Thanks a lot adapt!

I should investigate layouts better myself before I post :)
I'll check that in my build this evening..
KT

Re: Pitch Pirate Deluxe Vero - Verified

KT
thanks again adapt!! That helped a lot already. In the future I am also gonna build the other pitch pirate layouts to compare. But first the clarinot

Re: Pitch Pirate Deluxe Vero - Verified

Greedy_Fly
Hi!!!  LM386N-3 works for this layout????

Re: Pitch Pirate Deluxe Vero - Verified

adapt
not sure, just socket it. i used n-1
123