Show your pedal guts!

1234 ... 91

Show your pedal guts!

Geiri
This post was updated on .
Guys, I can't believe there isn't a thread like this here! If there is, sorry but I couldn't find one.

Since this is a DIY community here, let's share pictures of the insides of our pedals. That way we can inspire each other and possibly learn from what others are doing.

I'll get the ball rolling:

Analogman KOT

Klon using Pedal Parts PCBs that I used to use but now have a new design for myself.

Owly Booster

Marbleverb

Klon buffer

Tap tempo

Growly

Marshall Shredmaster

I'd love to see what you guys have been doing!
www.pedalprojects.com
www.facebook.com/pedalprojects

Re: Show you pedal guts!

Heath
Imagine yours, except really shitty looking with wires everywhere and stuff crammed wherever it will fit.  That's mine :)

Re: Show you pedal guts!

And mine!

Re: Show you pedal guts!

crw414
I'll be brave

Re: Show you pedal guts!

Vince
Love the idea of using those wire terminals coming from the board

Re: Show you pedal guts!

Geiri
I don't care how messy it is, someone might be doing something cool like those terminals above, I like that idea!

Vince you should post some of your guts because they look amazing!
www.pedalprojects.com
www.facebook.com/pedalprojects

Re: Show you pedal guts!

crw414
I started using those terminals because I found it easier to remove the board for debugging or modding.I get them from a site here in Australia . I am jealous of those pcb's though, that one with the circular resistor pattern is awesome

Re: Show you pedal guts!

Lazy Swamis
I don't have the talent that a lot of you guys have, but I enjoy myself..

Mini tone Blew Caller Mini-tone Blew Caller

Mini tone Blew Caller
Don't know whether to etch this one or do a swirly with different shades of blue.

Snow Job and Ritual Fuzz
Snow Job and Ritual fuzz with millennium bypass wiring
Snow Job and Ritual Fuzz
Thinking of painting this one in black and white and calling it Holey Cow..

Board.
An older shot of the board. Changed a bit since.

Re: Show you pedal guts!

vick

Re: Show you pedal guts!

Lazy Swamis
Vick and Geiri, those are really clean on the inside.  I hope I can get that neat with my wiring at some point.

Re: Show you pedal guts!

Vince
I would upload mine but mine are in super high resolution and I've just been waiting for about 3 mins to upload one so I gave up!

Re: Show you pedal guts!

Lazy Swamis
It's probably easier to host the high res photos somewhere else and just link them in.

Re: Show you pedal guts!

toddvirgil
Great idea Geiri! Someone pin this!

I'll post some of mine when I've got time!

Re: Show you pedal guts!

cylens
yeah, the wire terminals is an awesome idea, I have a batch of pedals to make and was wondering how I could quickly test the boards without wiring all the pots. I guess I'll try this!

here's my contribution: DAM Meathead in a 1590LB

yeah, there's a pot underneath :D

Re: Show you pedal guts!

Geiri
Woah that's tiny!!
www.pedalprojects.com
www.facebook.com/pedalprojects

Re: Show you pedal guts!

johnk
my Tone Czar Openhaus:

Re: Show you pedal guts!

cylens
it seems soooooo easy when looking at your builds, john.... but i've actually built an Openhaus and:

- i had to file the edges of the board like crazy for it to fit in the 1590BB
- i tried to route the wires the way you did it, but using AWG24 wire... it got REALLY messy
- i've used BIG 470uFs electros, so tall I've had to solder them on a separate daughterboard!!!!
- i couldn't put the 2 other toggle switches on the sides... how did you do this?? did you snip off the lugs?

so congratulations for how clean it looks!

Re: Show you pedal guts!

johnk
yeah, it was a very tight fit (one of the tightest ones that I've built to date). since the board was so wide, I had to route the wiring at the top and bottom of the board as opposed to around the sides like I always do. I use 26 gauge belden Teflon coated silver multistrand wire and it's by far my favorite. and yeah, even though I always use the shortest length electros that I can find, I still had to shorten the lugs on the toggles so they'd fit under the board without any components contacting the back cover.
I did a couple of mods to slightly open up the circuit's top end, and even though I absolutely love the pedal, i'd never build another one...it was that hard to get everything to fit!

here's the top view of it:

Re: Show you pedal guts!

YerayM
Not my best build but maybe I can inspire someone. Two boards inside a 125B, one board on the lid and other under the top face:

Re: Show you pedal guts!

Vince
Triple Wreck

1234 ... 91