Show your pedal guts!

12345 ... 91

Re: Show you pedal guts!

Kost1978
Gut shot? Normally I don't do them, can you guess why from the picture attached?

Klon Centaur I built for the other guitarist in my band, I'll probably never build another one...

Re: Show you pedal guts!

Lazy Swamis
Dang Vince, that Triple Wreck is clean.

Re: Show you pedal guts!

johnk
very nice & clean TR!
here's a pic of mine to go with it:

Re: Show you pedal guts!

alltrax74
A few of mines, nothing really special

Klon :

Optical trem :

Deep blue delay :

Space and Echo (reverb + DBD) :

PlexiFace (Jan Ray + Animal) :

Re: Show you pedal guts!

negativefx
I'm a bit sloppy with the wiring but always take care around the jacks and business sides of the board.  I wire everything from one side so it's easy to flip the board out if I need to make a repair or a mod.  Using those plastic standoffs makes it easy to keep the board from floating near the jacks.

Also, Vick's 3PDT pcbs are the bomb.

Crappy phone camera and poor office lighting are to blame for the quality of these pics.

Re: Show you pedal guts!

Geiri
I'm glad how many have already contributed! This is great because there's no need to be ashamed for the way you do your pedals. If it works, it works. We all have different backgrounds and experience. I build pedals for a living so obviously I've got experience but that doesn't mean I do the best job. I do the best job I can do but I've seen some inspiring builders who do an impeccable job. I'm very fond of the way Vince wires his pedals!
www.pedalprojects.com
www.facebook.com/pedalprojects

Re: Show you pedal guts!

cylens
Yeah, it's great to see how others do it.

I really want to improve my wiring skills, and I'm hoping to get some advice from you guys on how to do it!

I don't know it it's a matter of method, care (both, obviously)... but I need to have cleaner-looking insides :D (I'm hoping to start selling pedals when it's done, that's why).

As an example, here's where I'm at:

(here's a link to the full scale image just in case http://imgur.com/DeMQH1H )

top is DAM Ezekiel (|V|ark's layout)
then bottom from left to right HAO Sole Pressure (johnk's layout), EQD Ghost Echo (harald sabro's layout) and Blackout Effectors Mantra Overdrive (miro's layout),

So we have layouts from 4 different guys, lots of different things (number of pots, reverb brick, rotary and toggle switches, board on top of pots or not, different box sizes), but ALWAYS the same floppy wiring :D

Please help me guys to make it better!

Re: Show you pedal guts!

Vince
Nice Triple Wreck, John and cheers Geiri!.. I still remember my very first build. A Meathead, the wires must of been about 20cm long and just stuffed in the enclosure!. It's great seeing everyone's gutshots, it's a constant learning curve

Anyway, here's a Purple Plexi and a modded Meathead

Re: Show you pedal guts!

Heath
Are those Caps or Oil drums?

Re: Show you pedal guts!

Vince
Haha.. They are on the large side I must admit...

Re: Show you pedal guts!

Geiri
Those are miniature nuclear reactors. It's Vince's new form of powering the pedals
www.pedalprojects.com
www.facebook.com/pedalprojects

Re: Show you pedal guts!

AC_FX
Just boxed this RM Octavia from the layout posted here last month.  Thanks!  New favorite pedal, it really sounds cool.

Re: Show you pedal guts!

Surgeon
Alright, I'll be the one who makes you all feel better about your work...

Magnavibe:

Centaur on Madbean's PCB (home-etched of course):

Re: Show you pedal guts!

Silver Blues
Surgeon wrote
Centaur on Madbean's PCB (home-etched of course):

Is that a 10mm LED? Dazatronyx put in an orange (red?) 10mm in their Tsuchi Fuzz and it was super cool. What's that like on the front?

Re: Show you pedal guts!

Surgeon
Yep, green one too... they look nice but of course it depends on the build.

This one I built different than the other centaurs I built 'cause someone always wants one and I just end-up selling mine thinking I'll just build another one later (quicker cash this way) but I just love this one too much to ever consider selling it...

Here's the full look:

Re: Show your pedal guts!

bart
Not particularly clean but I hope I am getting better with every build...

Mi Audio Crunch Box with two sets of clipping LED's on a switch for a slightly different flavor.

MagnaVibe. Had to take the ldr/led combo out of the board cuz I used greenies and bigger electrolytics than I should have. Learning.....

Rothwell Love Squeeze

Re: Show your pedal guts!

Freppo
Great thread! Here's one I finished boxing today.

It's a Foxx Tone Machine, Synthbox octave down, AMZ Splitter/buffer and a EHX LPB1.
I made it for my brother as a birthday present as he turns 40 tomorrow. :)

/ Freppo
check out my building blog at www.parasitstudio.se

Re: Show your pedal guts!

alltrax74
That's a tight fit, well done (and I like the wink to Franklin on the design)

Re: Show your pedal guts!

Freppo
Thanks! :)
Yes, it was definitly one is the category:
"trying to cram too much into one enclosure" :D

cheers
/ Freppo
check out my building blog at www.parasitstudio.se

Re: Show your pedal guts!