Show your pedal guts!

123456 ... 91

Re: Show your pedal guts!

skeletonghost
This is my first etched enclosure. I used sodium hydroxide on a heat transfer toner mask. I'm really pleased with all the small details it captured. I still have to spray it with enamel, but I'm nervous about sanding away the etch details. Original image by Andre Masson here

Re: Show your pedal guts!

drew

Re: Show your pedal guts!

Freppo
Here's one I boxed today

At 23 x 21 verolayout I thought this one was gonna be hell to box, but it was a breeze.
Having all the wires coming from one side helped alot. :)

/ Freppo
check out my building blog at www.parasitstudio.se

Re: Show your pedal guts!

johnk
beauty!
thanks for the pics and the layout.
that one's next on my list.

Re: Show your pedal guts!

Yes, very nice indeed!

Re: Show your pedal guts!

drew
Neovibe.  Really went all out on the decoration.

Re: Show your pedal guts!

WhiskeyMadeMeDoIt
This is my third pedal. It is a MagnaVibe clone.
I'm still learning the ropes. My wiring layout is still a little funky, but it will improve.
MagnaVibe clone.
Gut shot of MagnaVibe clone.

This is a DemoTapeFuzz it was my second pedal.
I etched this pedal with muriatic acid.
Wanted that handwritten tape look. next time I will etch the writing too.
The wires are too long but I wasn't going to cut and resolder.
DTF clone. Gut  shot.
D.T.F etched enclosure. Not sure why the lettering photographs purple it is black in person.

Re: Show your pedal guts!

Lazy Swamis
Nice work Whiskey. I especially like that wavy graphic on the vibe. Lets you know exactly what it is.

Re: Show your pedal guts!

WhiskeyMadeMeDoIt
Thanks! I did that in Inkscape.  Printed label with 3 clear coat layer over the whole pedal.  I am abusing it now to see how well a printed label will hold up.  I am going through lots of experiments now seeing what's possible.

On Apr 4, 2014, at 7:22 AM, "Lazy Swamis [via Guitar FX Layouts]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Nice work Whiskey. I especially like that wavy graphic on the vibe. Lets you know exactly what it is.

http://guitar-fx-layouts.42897.x6.nabble.com/Show-your-pedal-guts-tp8569p8931.html
To unsubscribe from Show your pedal guts!, click here.
NAML

Re: Show your pedal guts!

Awww yeah

Doomidrive with Mark's layout
 photo photo_zpse7e43a56.jpg
 photo photo_zpsc8404b2f.jpg

MKII Bender with my layout
 photo photo_zpsce95f457.jpg

Tremulator with Mark's layout
 photo photo-1642.jpg

Re: Show your pedal guts!

The cigar box of lost stompbox souls. Some abysmal failures, some abandoned experiments, some good but unboxed stuff

 photo 329B7E4F-6E0C-418A-A6B2-69905199755D_zpsuavxtrje.jpg

Re: Show your pedal guts!

johnk
yeah, I have about twenty that will never get boxed. they all worked properly, so no failures, but I didn't care for them at all (due to a failure of design) .

Re: Show your pedal guts!

Heath
I normally just enjoy other people's builds because you are all quite neat and tidy whereas look mine like 9 Cthulhu babies being smashed by a piece of Swiss cheese.

It's finally come time to share.  I present the Voxtitch.

Sometimes you just want to build that fucking pedal NOW, whether you actually have the proper parts or not.

Re: Show your pedal guts!

Sonarchotic
Here are the Ivlark layouts for Grind Customs' DeProfundis Delay, Tenebrion Reverb and the daughter modulation board all stuffed into a 1590BB. The 'Baise Cosmique'

Re: Show your pedal guts!

Dude that looks awesome. May ask how you do a paint job like that? I noticed you did one that looks like flames were on the front too, and would love to make some pedals that have enclosures then the normal single color jobbers.

Re: Show your pedal guts!

Sonarchotic
Thanks! Haveyouseenhim, who hangs around DIYSB and Madbean has an excellent tutorial on paint swirling. It takes a bit to get the hang of but it's a fun process.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rnleOuOkL8

part two:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtXUvkpZm0o

Re: Show your pedal guts!

Lazy Swamis
Saw this one over on the Madbean Forum. The paint job is spectacular.
All that orange wire should make trouble shooting a breeze.. "Maybe it's the orange one?"
Great looking build though.

Re: Show your pedal guts!

Sonarchotic
Thanks! And yes, if your going to make spaghetti then I suggest you use big bright orange wire to highlight just how messy you can be Trouble shooting be damned.

Re: Show your pedal guts!

tomfiggy
Hi
I'm new to this group. I just randomly found this site. I have been building and fixing, modifying pedals since the mid 1970's
Here are some guts.
The wha is a Vox847 or 846 I got in a trade. It wasn't working and I fixed it but the old transistors were noisy and the electrolytic cap was leaking foamy stuff.
 I finally decided to rebuild the whole thing. I only re-used the inductor (no it's not a Fazel its a Stack of dimes) I built it "dead bug" style over a ground plane. I used some NTE low gain transistors, Wima polypropylene MKP10 caps, metal film resistors, and Mogami shielded wire. I also added the output buffer circuit as to properly drive a Fuzz.
The other is a "Green Ringer" I threw together on perfboard. and put in an ugly pre used case. I'm not going to use it though I don't like the sound much.. My next thing is to build a Roger Mayer Octavia.

Re: Show your pedal guts!

tomfiggy wrote
and the electrolytic cap was leaking foamy stuff.
That doesn't sound good!

Great pics from all you guys, keep em coming!
123456 ... 91