Show your pedal guts!

1 ... 3456789 ... 91

Re: Show your pedal guts!

 photo EEC4D77F-12E3-4C35-89D7-995B24E8DFFD_zpsputlpfxw.jpg
 photo 00A5A621-984D-45F5-9215-6021B73D7EAB_zpsoinl7oqb.jpg

2N404 Fuzz Face with pregain instead of normal "fuzz" control and 100n output cap. Sounds amazing. I have another one in orange but use this unfinished one as my #1 fuzz for single coils

Re: Show your pedal guts!

MrTondo
rocket88 wrote
tondo, great job man, especially on your first vero. now how did you get the superlead 4pdt switch to have make all the changes in the circuit and have an led. i've been planing on doing just that, but i thought you'd need a 5pdt switch to have the led, cause there aren't enough lugs on a 4pdt switch.
What I did was just wiring a fixed setting for one of the switches so I would have one pole left for the led. If you really want all the switching you indeed need a 5dpt. This way of wiring was suggested by Johnk I think somewhere on the DLSIII page.
My heart can go where my head can't fit.

Re: Show your pedal guts!

Walnut guts :P

 photo FF458392-1443-48F1-A4ED-14759289D8F9_zpsoyc1lu8h.jpg

Hey Mark, check it out I've got this wired up to some pots and jacks on my breadboard and it sounds sick. Wooden boards 4 lyfe

Re: Walnut guts :P

Awesome.  Told you the results look good.  And when a build looks that good it just has to sound great too!

Re: Walnut guts :P

Thankfully it sounds as good or better than it looks :D

I'd sure be disappointed if I used all these cool parts and it didn't sound great. These should sell for a premium :o Thanks for the awesome idea

Re: Walnut guts :P

Re: Walnut guts :P

inefficiency
Nice work man! Where did you get the eyelets from?

Re: Walnut guts :P

Thanks rocket and inefficiency

I got the eyelets from tubes and more. They're good if you're in the US, otherwise you're probly better off with Mark's link.

Re: Walnut guts :P

inefficiency
Awesome.

Also, what are those LEDs called? I've seen them on a lot of builds and always liked the look of them, but I have no idea what to search for.

Re: Walnut guts :P

Silver Blues
Those are LED holders called Fresnel lenses.

Re: Show your pedal guts!

Something a bit different:

Casper Electronics Echobender. This was built for use with a drum machine, hence the toggle switch instead of a footswitch, and top mounted sockets to reduce desk space.

Re: Show your pedal guts!

johnk
TC Electronics Spark Booster clone:

it actually fit in a 1590B:

Re: Show your pedal guts!

Silver Blues
Hey John, what circuit did you use for the relay bypass in the Spark?

Re: Show your pedal guts!

johnk
a Monomonster RPM.

Re: Show your pedal guts!

Chris60601
Here's mine!

Since there wasn't much real estate for the lettering of each of the knobs - you'll notice lettering on each knob.

Level, Tone, Drive

The lettering on the knobs and the knob style will be a signature I intend on using for all the pedals I build...

Yeah, 220, 221. Whatever it takes.

Re: Show your pedal guts!

Silver Blues
That is actually a really good idea. I like the style overall, basic but gets the job done.

Re: Show your pedal guts!

Looks great!  Must be the special "Limited Edition" version of your pedal.

Right now, all my completed pedals are label-less...

I recently purchased some dark t-shirt transfer material and will try that out when I get the opportunity.  I like using pre-painted (powder coated) enclosures, so I hope the t shirt transfers don't require too much heat to adhere to the surface lest I mar the paint.

Re: Show your pedal guts!

frank, i've heard that the t-shirt transfer method doesn't work on painted or powdercoated boxes. but i have my fingers crossed that it does, cause the all my pedals can finally get labels, i've been way too lazy to make the screens i have planned for them.

Re: Show your pedal guts!

Well, look at Kit Rae's instructions at his site:

Kit Rae's T-shirt transfer labelling

He appears to paint the enclosures first then applies the transfer label.  I think most powder coatings are robust enough for this provided you use modest heat.  As always, test on scrap first!
1 ... 3456789 ... 91