Show your pedal guts!

1 ... 6789101112 ... 91

Re: Show your pedal guts!

johnk
Tonepad Small Stone Clone (13 transistors and five CA3080AE OTA opamps in an etched  1590B!)

Re: Show your pedal guts!

Man! That looks great, John! I love the enclosure

Did you clone a particular version of the Small Stone?

Re: Show your pedal guts!

johnk
it's just the tonepad one but I made it have unity gain when engaged.

Re: Show your pedal guts!

Silver Blues
This is the inside of the Fromel D.I.G. I just finished building. I'm seriously surprised the thing works after the trainwreck that was the build/parts source process. I'm happy, however, with the sound. It does have a bit of not-so-nice fizzy decay but I suspect that's a product of the TL072, so I might do some chip rolling.

What I think I might do instead is build it over with a few tweaks, because I know now that I do like the circuit. Only pedal I have so far that I like to keep dimed.

Also, my Hematoma. Yeah I used a 1/2W resistor as an LED CLR, I ran out...

Re: Show your pedal guts!

Frank_NH
OK no gut shots, just a family portrait of the completed (boxed) pedals I have built so far (no graphics on 'em yet - eventually).

Back Row (L to R):
* Hao Rust Driver with a SWTC (hence two knobs)
* Runoffgroove UBE Screamer
* Runoffgroove Omega Booster
* The Green Apple Overdrive - basically a highly modded Subdecay Liquid Sunshine

Front Row (L to R)
* Univox Superfuzz (my first build!)
* Ramble Marvel Drive - just marvelous Marshall tones from this one!
* Zendrive  - my favorite all-purpose overdrive (so far...)
* Clark Gainster - Another nice one.  Very versatile and easy to build too.

I have many more completed but unboxed circuits...

Re: Show your pedal guts!

Kinski
Rangemaster with variable input caps into a Marvel Drive. Sounds damn good.
Not my best wiring, but not my worst either. Used some 1950's oxblood bakelite knobs for kicks.
Not gonna bother with any labeling or graphics on this one, as I dig the clean look.

Re: Show your pedal guts!

johnk
MXR envelope filter:

Valve Wizard U-boat:

Runoffgroove Britannia:

Re: Show your pedal guts!

Those look sweet as always John. You've been doing a lot of etching lately!

This build is a real keeper for me! Sounds so good. Silver Klon:

 photo 290B1FE6-73E2-449C-BA05-6E084F530784_zpspe2jvhdc.jpg
 photo 9E3359F0-8355-4DE1-8364-9DC02693ECAC_zpspbtsndol.jpg

Re: Show your pedal guts!

 photo 236D354A-76D3-439B-9102-63A97F1FAA83_zpsnpnx6f0m.jpg

Lovetone Meatball <3

This pedal is amazing. At first I was confused because the controls seemed to have a lot of dead spots, but I tried a couple different LDRs and found a pair that work perfectly.

The effects loop really makes this circuit killer. Paired with my modded OC-2 (synth mod which sounds like a dirty lofi monophonic analog synth) it starts to get pretty funky. If I add my VB-2 clone that's even more like a rudimentary analog synth.

It sounds so cool on it's own, but I love that the loop lets you combine it with anything

Oh yeah you might notice one of the jacks isn't wired to anything. That's for the expression, I just had to decide which knob I wanted exp control over, and the winner is intensity which will give you normal wah pedal control with an exp pedal

Re: Show your pedal guts!

Man I love this pedal! The blue is lighter and really full of sparkles when you look at it in person.

 photo D1ED7E15-9AD9-4BCA-89A0-365E0884DF48_zpshcvlrpva.jpg
 photo C638F3D0-95F3-48F0-84A3-754CF7A74D2D_zpszacnkfys.jpg

This thing was not easy to drill since I don't have a drill press..

Re: Show your pedal guts!

Looks awesome and I love the color. Just got around to building the ehx hogs foot bass boost that I made a smaller layout for and used SMD electrolytics, low profile jacks and mini DC jack. Compared to my first 1590a build this was a breeze, and super neat compared to the rats nest of the first/last one I built.

Re: Show your pedal guts!

johnk
Chunk Systems Agent00FUNK:

Re: Show you pedal guts!

Here's my Bearfoot Model H board.  Great distortion!  Just need to box it now...

Re: Show your pedal guts!

AC_FX
I've built a couple of Klon clones for others, and finally got around to boxing my own:

half man half beast

deerguts

Re: Show your pedal guts!

Looks great. I love that pic you used on the front.

Also, since there's a lot lf talk about building wahs, I figured I would post my latest wah build. It's a Clyde McCoy in a beatup old crybaby enclosure I snagged on eBay for $10 as a broken wah.

Re: Show your pedal guts!

AC_FX
Ten bucks, I like the sound of that.

Re: Show your pedal guts!

i just keep an eye out for them on ebay, and wont pay more then $25 for one. you just have to grab it last second. it beats having to spend $50 for a new enclosure, and i kinda dig that it's all beat up, it has character.

Re: Show your pedal guts!

Kinski
Here is a Deep Blue Delay in series with a Rub-A-Dub Deluxe.
Sorry for the bad lighting.

I added a "dry kill" toggle (R4) for the RUDD.
Middle stomp is a momentary infinite repeat for the DBD.

Running the delay into the reverb with the dry signal removed is pretty awesome. Some really spacey sounds are to be found.

Re: Show your pedal guts!

that's a really neat idea. and it looks awesome to boot. btw, are you stamping the letters for the controls? cause it looks great.

Re: Show your pedal guts!

Kinski
Hey thanks! Yep, rubber stamps and staz-on ink.
1 ... 6789101112 ... 91