Show your pedal guts!

1 ... 78910111213 ... 91

Re: Show your pedal guts!

johnk
Human Gear Animato Clone with added tilt control:

and it's a pretty wild sounding distortion pedal.

Re: Show your pedal guts!

Great job, John! That's quite a lot to stuff in a 1590b

Did you use the schem/PCB layout from Crowella at diysb? What transistors did you use?

Re: Show your pedal guts!

johnk
Travis wrote
Great job, John! That's quite a lot to stuff in a 1590b

Did you use the schem/PCB layout from Crowella at diysb? What transistors did you use?
I drew up my own PCB for it since Crowella's was HUGE. (more than twice as big). his PCB is a clone of the original split PCB.

for the transistors, I used an NTE102A(PNP) & NTE103A(NPN) for the germs and 2N2240's for the BJT's.

Re: Show your pedal guts!

johnk
just finished this one yesterday. a Boss Slow Gear with a clean Jfet boost on the output:

Re: Show your pedal guts!

^ awesome!

It would be really cool to build a Slow Gear with an effects loop. That way you can use it with dirt pedals without compromising the dirt or envelope

Re: Show your pedal guts!

Chris60601
I built a Maxon OD808 for a friend that wanted one. My wiring has improved enough over the past few months that I can now show off the guts. Still have a long way to go especially in the decorating department.

I tried water slides but that was about as glamorous as a drunken guy stuffing his face with White Castles and farting at the same time so....

Anyways - here it is.

Yeah, 220, 221. Whatever it takes.

Re: Show your pedal guts!

Looks fantastic. Looks nice and neat, wiring and all. I wish my early built pedals looks that neat. If you're not happy with the wires showing try running them down the side, and under the board that's what I do and it made things much, much neater. Keep up the good work buddy.

Re: Show your pedal guts!

I posted this to the main site already, but here goes.. DAM FZ-673

As you can see there's no real attempt at "mojo" unless you're into Japanese pedals :P  I bought x100 ac125s for this build

 photo 0680DFAA-37DF-4A7D-8917-BD97C00DC220_zpsbeezmep0.jpg
 photo B69D192D-906B-4A7C-97C9-5E2B5B5A9D4E_zps7cxmsr9d.jpg

Re: Show your pedal guts!

Re: Show your pedal guts!

Thanks! Take a whack at it. You've got plenty of germs to throw in there so you should be set

I'm sure you already know how hard it is to make a MKI sound great. This is a hair more forgiving than usual. Still the usual balancing act between gating and noisy artifacts. My build here has that great clarity on chords, that greasy compression, and is more on the gated side with no shitty artifacts really. If anything I'll tweak it to be slightly less gated but I'm pretty happy with the sound. It really stings on those high single notes. Like the 60s :)

Also there's a little sweet spot on the fuzz control where this thing really opens up and let's the feedback go crazy. It's a very cool fuzz, you need one for your collection

Re: Show your pedal guts!

dbat69
Travis, that is one neat and tidy build - very impressive.
I need to do a bit more practicing - and I quite like the idea of building this one
THanks buddy

Re: Show your pedal guts!

Thanks for the kind and encouraging words dbat :)

This is a great circuit to build, but only if you have a good sized stash of extra leaky germs!

Re: Show your pedal guts!

alltrax74
Germanium fuzz face from the dark side of the moon ;-)

Re: Show your pedal guts!

Luke51411
Rub a Dub deluxe. I called it Winds Aloft. It is an aviation navigation map glued to the box. I "sewed" a piece of perf to the vero to allow for board mounted pots/reverb brick etc.

Re: Show your pedal guts!

Great looking builds guys :) looks like you're using the same knobs

Hey alltrax.. What are those big germs called? I've seen them (or similar) in the smallsound/bigsound sparkle motion

Re: Show your pedal guts!

alltrax74
They are russian GT402
HFe range on n batch of 20 was 70-180 with almost no leakage

Re: Show your pedal guts!

johnk
Rockett WTF with single volume control (no boost pot). I etched a PCB and the enclosure for this one. this pedal gets a lot of different tones for such a simple circuit.

Re: Show your pedal guts!

Very nice john. How do you get the image into the enclosure for etching? I've tried what people suggest, specifically using inkjet photo paper through a laser printer, and melting it on using an iron, but the image is always really light so I don't think it will come out good.

Side note the gt402's are one of my favorites as far as the russian Ge's go. Which model did you use? I use and love gt402v's, but been curious about the others.

Re: Show your pedal guts!

johnk
i used press & peel blue and ferric chloride etching solution.

Re: Show your pedal guts!

Awesome, thanks man. I have some of that floating around form when I was going to use them for pcb etching. I wish there was a way to be able to etch multiple enclosures without having to print the image multiple times.
1 ... 78910111213 ... 91