What are you listening to right now?

Sensei Tim
What music are you listening to right now?

I've got Mastodon - Once More 'Round The Sun on repeat.

Re: What are you listening to right now?

Synsound
I only really get to listen when I'm driving but right now my truck's cd changer is pretty much full of Melvins cd's.
Give a man a match and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Re: What are you listening to right now?

Chris60601
Right now? The sweet white noise of an air unit in the background with a subtle overtone of florescent flicker from the lights above broken up by the faint sound of someone coughing up a lung a few cubes over.

Now THAT is what I call, patiently awaiting for 4:00 pm on a Friday afternoon someplace other than home.
Yeah, 220, 221. Whatever it takes.

Re: What are you listening to right now?

Silver Blues
Been listening to Muse's Drones and The Darkness' Last Of Our Kind recently. Both quite good albums actually.

Re: What are you listening to right now?

Great thread topic!

I think my favorite album right now overall is Sukierae by Tweedy

Here's my favorite track from that album https://youtu.be/lVbKOTEn19o

I've been kinda getting into math rock lately though. I've found some really cool stuff, and an open to any suggestions by fellow fans

Re: What are you listening to right now?

mmm. so much good stuff listed so far. strangely enough i was going to start a similar thread today.

well i've been going between a few things. i've been listening to a lot of Clutch, mostly the songs "bottoms up, socrates" "burning beard" "mice and gods" lately these songs really speak to me. been listen to Earthless, Wo Fat, OM, Sleep and a bunch of other Doom Metal and Psychedelic Bands. in particular i can't stop listening to YOB. the last album Clearing a Path to Ascension, and the song "in our blood." it just hits me hard, and the only other song to that to me is funkadellic's "maggot brain"

Re: What are you listening to right now?

bogey
I'm currently revisiting my Dawn of the Replicants collection. Not listened to them for ages but they still sound fantastic to me.

And in the car......LCD Sound System.

And radio......BBC6 Music. So many diverse shows, great DJ's and always good tunes(new, old and stuff you don't hear anywhere else).

Re: What are you listening to right now?

I dig LCD sound system, but are you into Les Savy Fav? I LOVE those guys and so do LCD sound system lol

Re: What are you listening to right now?

bogey
Hi Travis,
I have to admit to having never listened to them before.

So after a bit of youtubing...........mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I'm not sure. I like the music but it may be a bit "shouty" for me. But i'll try anything twice so who knows. He carries off the sunburnt leg look very well and could easily pass himself off as a Brit on holiday LOL

I love checking out bands I don't know.

Great thread. Keep 'em coming

Re: What are you listening to right now?

negativefx
Clutch Beale Street, the new Muse, Tom Waits Mule, Hot Snakes Audit, Refused, and 16 Horsepower are the 6 most recent albums played on my phone... kind of all over the map I guess.  My car says Atmosphere's latest, Ween Mollusk, None More Black Satire, Cobra Skulls Rubicon, Clutch Beale, and the new Muse.  :)  NMB Satire is the most played album on both.  Over 600 plays combined between phone and car.

Re: What are you listening to right now?

Well I raise this glass to all my brethren here. Seeing local h tonight and getting nice and toasted.

Btw, negative how excited are you about the new clutch album? Cause after hearing some of the new songs live Ive been stoked. I've been listening to spacegrass so much. I keep hearing in my head " 1973 dodge swinger, chassis riding.....low..." Like all day.

Re: What are you listening to right now?

No worries dude. I totally get it! I love these guys though. Let me know if you want me to post some of their more laid back songs, though the singer tends to shout at least a little in pretty much every song. I just mentioned them because LCD sound system has a song called "Why isn't Les Savy Fav on the radio?"

Here are some more tunes that have been shaking my air waves recently
http://youtu.be/9Oa4VBjGbIE
http://youtu.be/NDQDDPj98DQ

Re: What are you listening to right now?

alex.s
Seeing Ride twice in the space of 10 days not long ago rekindled my love for the band, so I've been listening to an awful lot of them. Swervedrive, Gaz Coombes and Bop English some of my favourite of 2015 so far. New Yo La Tengo due later this year too, can't wait for both record and live show!

Some more golden oldies that recently enjoyed a fair amount of airplay are the Jam, QOTSA and the far too often (unfairly) maligned Oasis - say what you may, they're a great band, and to listen to Bonhead's Bank Holiday on your way to morning is a way and a half to start a day!

Re: What are you listening to right now?

Sensei Tim
Today i have the soundtrack for Tron Legacy on repeat.  Daft Punk really hit it out of the park with this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdIdZwDqkmg

Re: What are you listening to right now?

Freppo
Please check out the new Refused album:
https://play.spotify.com/album/5v1nEWLED30iSsHfkrF34f

Now I will brag alittle.. :) I recorded some of the pre-production demos and Kristoffer used a pedal I built for him on the recording (electric druid tap tempo tremolo), so i'm a bit biased.

But that said, I'm not really sure what I think of the record to be honest. It has some killer songs and great production values, but also a few not that good songs aswell...
Reunion record usually sucks, so I guess they did ok overall.
check out my building blog at www.parasitstudio.se

Re: What are you listening to right now?

I was hoping the new album would be as good as the last. I haven't been excited for a band reunion in a long time.

Re: What are you listening to right now?

tabbycat
sometimes it's nice just to power down and kill the lights.

that voice. time stands still for it.

Re: What are you listening to right now?

Marbles
On a BRMC binge again after seeing them last week.

Before that it was a lot of Soft Moon and Surf Music.

Re: What are you listening to right now?

GeGhostRider
yes BRMC is a great band. I'd like to see them live. been listening to Motörhead's Aftershock since its release, an excellent album from my fav' band. I strongly recommend Psychocharger & Deadbolt to anyone who's into Surf or Rockab' since these two bands have strong personnality ( plus Psychocharger's "Death Star Baby" could be an anthem for the GeDeathStar ;) ) other than that the Sisters of Mercy, Black Sabbath, T.O.N., Girlschool's first two lps and Muddy Waters are constantly playing on my stereo.
and I almost forgot Christian Death's "Atrocities" lp : when I'm moody it seems to open an endless pit under my feet. Enjoy ( or not!)

Re: What are you listening to right now?

Marbles
Thanks! I'll check m out!
123