What are your weekend projects?

Re: What are your weekend projects?

motterpaul
That switch sounds cool. And having the "dual rec" makes having the 1987 setting more authentic since the 1987 did have the SS 4-diode bridge rectifier.

Re: What are your weekend projects?

eldredracing
Baltic birch 11-ply and yes, lots of sanding.  I used keda aniline dyes.  I've stained quite a few projects, and these are the easiest (and cheap!!!).  I don't think I'll ever use anything else.  I sanded from 600-2000 and then buffed with stew mac polish, then finished with auto polish.  Here's a telecaster I dyed with the keda dyes also.

And to keep on topic, I'm building a new workbench so I can split my electronics and wood working.  No more sawdust in my socket sets.

Re: What are your weekend projects?

gorgeous tele body.

it reminds me i have to get back to work on my bass build, and that i have to finish building my wood shop too. man never enough time.

Re: What are your weekend projects?

Talking of guitars, this is what has been taking up my time for the last few weeks - two Strats for my son.

The Black Bomber:
Squier Black and Chrome Standard, refitted with Jim Root (no he's not a fan) scratchplate, Bare Knuckle ceramic Nailbomb bridge pickup, and Bare Knuckle Warpig neck pickup. 12-60 strings and tuned to double drop C.

The Albinicaster (yes he is a fan):
70's Greco Strat refitted with custom cut (by myself) aged mint green scratchplate, original pickups, Gibson 3 way toggle switch and phase switch. I re -fretted this guitar, and still need to put a new nut in.

Behind is the Fender Ultra Chorus he snagged last week fro £75 on ebay. What a bargain!

Re: What are your weekend projects?

Ed Nice
It's been a month since I've done anything due to being away. I have a few builds waiting for boxing, but the enclosures still need drilling, painting... :(

I'm back now so I've got to get on with them. This weekend might see me buying some new drill bits and getting 3 or 4 things drilled and painted. :) ...or drinking in the garden?

Re: What are your weekend projects?

Holy shit I love that finish. Aniline is a great product.

Re: What are your weekend projects?

bogey
Nice to see you back Ed (nice to see you ...to see you nice) sorry couldn't resist it.
I just got a cheapy step drill off Ebay(3-13mm-£3 tops....... free postage). Tried it earlier and works a treat .Should be good for ages on ali enclosures.

What are your build plans?
What did you end up getting from Bulgaria?

Oh..and I hope you've been away on holiday and not locked up!!!!

Re: What are your weekend projects?

Chris60601
I been spending my last 2 weekends indoors due to a crap load of rain. 11 inches for June. That's almost unheard of. Anyways - I have been trying to develop my Eagle/schematic skills and have created about 30 PCB's. I tried doing the etching - but here again, its been too damned humid and wet to open up the garage to do that - so....
Anyways, were's a few - some are just plain bad (earlier tries) and eventually they seem to be getting better.

Yeah, 220, 221. Whatever it takes.

Re: What are your weekend projects?

Beaker
They look amazing! let us all know when you are ready to get them made up - I'm sure many of us would want to buy boards from you.

Re: What are your weekend projects?

Ed Nice
Hi Bogey.... I wish I shared your enthusiasm at my return :(

I'll have a look for some step drill bits. I have a ton of blunt HSS stuff so I'm determined to sharpen anything over 8mm (that's about 5/16ths to you colonials :)) before spending any cash on some new ones.

I've got 2 x Big Muff, a plexi-800, a Clarinot and an MXR 45 [modded] Phaser (that as Miro says, is pretty uselessly modded, so I'm just going to drop the switches and probably the bias pot if I can figure out how to bypassit?) ready to box up but I've yet to do some drilling. I'm so slack... I've also got a Fender Blender and a Causality 4 on the go too but not yet completed.

Bulgaria sent me some IT308, IT313B, MN20(I think?) as well as a load of random scary looking diodes and some other random stuff but I haven't had time to sort through them yet? I'll just send you a load of the 3 trannies anyway and probably some other random treats once I've got organised :)

It was a few weeks in France so it was probably a holiday :)

Re: What are your weekend projects?

bogey
my my Ed you are going to be busy....that's a lot of drilling...trust me get yourself a stepdrill.

I'm ok for IT308 and MP20(that n is P in Russian I think)they're great trannies btw,but i'll take a couple of 313's if you don't mind.

I got some ac125's if you'd like some (not tried them yet).

let me know

Re: What are your weekend projects?

Beaker
Yes the n is P, and the I is G, so you have GT308 and MP38 transistors.

Try using this - I have found it invaluable for decoding Cyrillic markings on Russian parts.

http://stevemorse.org/russian/rus2eng.html

Re: What are your weekend projects?

Ed Nice
Thanks Bogey & Beaker :)

I think I might have some AC125s but god knows? Sure, you can have some 313s. :)

I'm kinda hoping to drill and paint 4 or 5 boxes at once plus I have about 15 drilled, boxed but unpainted things I'd like to dismantle, paint and tidy. :o

Busy indeed!

Re: What are your weekend projects?

Chris60601
Created my 45th, 46th and 47th schem-to-eagle-to-pcb this weekend.
On vaca this week and will continue this process.
I have put building on-hold while doing this. For me, this is a fantastic way to really drill home learning schems/eagle and PCB design.

My goal is to complete the century mark. I have been collecting schems like mad as of late. It's really remarkable what is actually out on the interwebs. That being said, I can't remember how long its been since I did a vero, yeesh.

Cheers
Chris
Yeah, 220, 221. Whatever it takes.

Re: What are your weekend projects?

Chris60601
Meh - I'm spending too much time working off of schems found on the internet and simply designing my own PCBs is actually taking time away from building...
Must ...
Pull ...
Myself ...
Away from the lappy....
Yeah, 220, 221. Whatever it takes.

Re: What are your weekend projects?

Chris60601
AWESOME! Love the black on black. That's mine - wish it had the maple neck on it.
Yanno - I love Gibson axes, more pointed my V but I'll always go back to a strat. Something about a strat through a Marshall (via Richie Blackmore) has always jazzed me
Yeah, 220, 221. Whatever it takes.

Re: What are your weekend projects?

Chris I wanna get some PCBs from you dawwwwg. Those look sweet

I've been on vacation and stuff so haven't gotten anything done in a while. Today I just chopped down my MKII boards which were too wide for the enclosures. Hoping I can box one up today

 photo 2CF86C3F-CF61-4854-BD2C-6C61EB99B47D_zpsengcs0ad.jpg

Re: What are your weekend projects?

Silver Blues
You cut your vero with a miter saw?

Re: What are your weekend projects?

Sometimes. I mostly score, snap, and sand but the miter saw is great.

This has a nice sharp 80 tooth blade so it doesn't chip the board but the 40 tooth dewalt blade that I use at work tends to chip the edges. It's essential to have the little pieces of wood there to keep the board from flying through the fence. If you don't do that it can go crazy and you might lose a finger or something so be careful

Re: What are your weekend projects?

Silver Blues
Lol yeah I don't plan on doing that anytime soon  I use a rotary tool with a diamond wheel to cut mine. Usually I don't even have to file it down afterwards.