Show your pedal guts!

1 ... 78798081828384 ... 91

Re: Show your pedal guts!

Sensei Tim
A few months ago I decided to redo the Mesa mark IIc+ preamp sim.  The boogeyman circuit just didn’t cut it for me.

Behold the two channel mark IIc+ v2.0 with a 5-band gyrator eq using the same eq frequencies as the real McCoy.

Forgive the wiring disaster - I was trying to kludge a few things together to make this work.

Re: Show your pedal guts!

Sensei Tim
EBMM stingray bass preamp

(Forgive the excessively large 500p cap)

MAO

Re: Show your pedal guts!

MAO
Beautiful Tim,

I also like how you placed the offboard CLR.

Well done as usual
1978 Gibson Les Paul Standard, Cherry Sunburst

Re: Show your pedal guts!

If you eliminate the link between 3PDT lugs 2 and 3 you can solder the resistor between those two lugs and avoid the flying resistor

Re: Show your pedal guts!

Mulekicker
So, you put the clr between 2 and 3. Then link 3 and 6 and take 6 to ground? Is that right?

Re: Show your pedal guts!

Sensei Tim

.

Travis wrote
If you eliminate the link between 3PDT lugs 2 and 3 you can solder the resistor between those two lugs and avoid the flying resistor
Freaking. Genius
MAO

Re: Show your pedal guts!

MAO
Time to pick up some 1/8 watt CLRs!
1978 Gibson Les Paul Standard, Cherry Sunburst

Re: Show your pedal guts!

Exactly. DAM pedals use a similar method

Re: Show your pedal guts!

Mulekicker
Awesome. Doing this from now on.

Re: Show your pedal guts!

Kinski
Love this idea, but perhaps I'm confused. Why would you link 3 to 6 (ground)? You need to run one end of the CLR to the +LED and the other end of the resistor to +V. Then -LED to ground. No?

So one way would be like this, no?

CLR between 2 and 3
+V on 3
+LED on 1
-LED any ground point

Or am I totally confused?

Re: Show your pedal guts!

The CLR can be placed between the LED and DC power source, or between the LED and ground. It’s functionally identical either way

Re: Show your pedal guts!

Kinski
Seriously?! In all my years do this hobby, I never knew this. I alway had the CLR to +LED, and -LED direct to ground. It all makes sense now. (wish there was a face-palm emoticon...)

Re: Show your pedal guts!

Yeah it’s in series with the LED to ground either way. It’s not stupid at all to not realize that btw

I have also mounted a small cap from effect input to ground on the 3PDT in fuzz builds where high end roll off/noise reduction was desired

Re: Show your pedal guts!

Kinski
Yeah, ive done the cap thing to on the 3PDT. Sometimes its the easiest way. Same with input/output resistors. Thanks again.

On Sat, Jun 23, 2018 at 11:20 AM, Travis [via Guitar FX Layouts] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Yeah it’s in series with the LED to ground either way. It’s not stupid at all to not realize that btw

I have also mounted a small cap from effect input to ground on the 3PDT in fuzz builds where high end roll off/noise reduction was desired

http://guitar-fx-layouts.42897.x6.nabble.com/Show-your-pedal-guts-tp8569p43288.html
To unsubscribe from Show your pedal guts!, click here.
NAML

Re: Show your pedal guts!

Sensei Tim
Hudson broadcast.  Used a gt402 Russian transistor with hfe around 73

Re: Show your pedal guts!

Sensei Tim
For the life of me I have no idea why nabble keeps rotating my photos.  They were taken in the proper orientation on my phone.  No problems with Instagram or Facebook - just here

MAO

Re: Show your pedal guts!

MAO
An onboard pedal...

Craig Anderton Clarifier - Preamp/EQ - in a Schenker Retro V.

Sounds awesome!

Built this one with a charge pump and TL051. We'll see how long the battery lasts.

1978 Gibson Les Paul Standard, Cherry Sunburst

Re: Show your pedal guts!

Mulekicker
BTW. Did Travis' led clr trick on a Park fuzz (Rocket's layout in contributions) and it worked like a charm. I almost always use 4.7k resistors on my led's and forgot that I accidentally ordered a huge bag of 1/4 watt 4.7k that are 1/8 watt size from Mouser. They are perfect for this.

Re: Show your pedal guts!

tracer03
Having a hard time making out how the switch is wired with that config - could someone whip up a quick diagram?

Re: Show your pedal guts!

Mulekicker
Instead of using a wire to link 2, 3, and 6 (like our standard offboard switch wiring), I put a 4.7k resistor between 2 and 3 and left a leg long and linked it from 3 to 6. Basically the same as the normal switch wiring but with a resistor instead of a piece of wire. Hope that makes sense. Also, I have a bunch of 1/4 watt 4.7k's that are 1/8 watt size.

1 4 7
2 5 8
3 6 9
1 ... 78798081828384 ... 91