Show your pedal guts!

1 ... 81828384858687 ... 91
MAO

Re: Show your pedal guts!

MAO
Jon Patton's Cardinal Tremolo V2 & 1776 Opto-tron bypass

1978 Gibson Les Paul Standard, Cherry Sunburst

Re: Show your pedal guts!

Sensei Tim
Orange dark terror preamp pedal

I also broke up and dual gang gain pot into a pet- and post- gain

Two identical channels that are footswitxhanle via relay and also can interface with external
Effects unit switching system.

Re: Show your pedal guts!

Sensei Tim
King of tone. Apologies for the spaghetti mess.

MAO

Re: Show your pedal guts!

MAO
Kinda cool, I like the little power distribution board
1978 Gibson Les Paul Standard, Cherry Sunburst

Re: Show your pedal guts!

Sensei Tim
Thanks.  I’m going to be gluing everything down later tonight.

Re: Show your pedal guts!

balno
Prototype for the ROG "Fetzer Valve Revisited".

We always drill holes in our enclosures, I tried to cut slots instead as a design.
I took off the initial footswitch, this circuit is an always on here.

Re: Show your pedal guts!

Fuzz Prince Of Bel Air
Wow.

How did you cut the slots? Like, what tool(s) did you use?

Re: Show your pedal guts!

balno
I've only used my dremel tool and finished the work with a file. Aluminium is pretty soft and easy to cut, fortunately :)

Re: Show your pedal guts!

Blackboarcult
This week marks one year since I bought a soldering iron and etched my first layout (GGG's MXR D+).

It's been a hell of a ride, so much learnt and sooooooo much to learn still.

Anyway I'd like to thank all the fine people from tagboardeffects and all of you in this forum, without whom I wouldn't have got this far! Your posts, your help and knowledge have proven to be invaluable to me.

Today's build, Baja's Mars Hall Plexi.
Slight tribute to BÖC and Michael Moorcock in the artwork

Re: Show your pedal guts!

OcularDawn
A productive year indeed and a rapidly fast transition from novice to superior builder. Well done my friend and keep up the good work in the new year!

Phil.

Re: Show your pedal guts!

blackboarcult wrote
This week marks one year since I bought a soldering iron and etched my first layout (GGG's MXR D+).

It's been a hell of a ride, so much learnt and sooooooo much to learn still.

Anyway I'd like to thank all the fine people from tagboardeffects and all of you in this forum, without whom I wouldn't have got this far! Your posts, your help and knowledge have proven to be invaluable to me.

Today's build, Baja's Mars Hall Plexi.
Slight tribute to BÖC and Michael Moorcock in the artwork

Congrats on a year of great work. Hope you stick around here on the forum and keep building for years to come :)

I like your use of screw terminals there. I’ve been incorporating those in some of my PCB layouts I’ve been working on recently.

Love your unique build style

Re: Show your pedal guts!

Blackboarcult
Thanks a lot, fellas!

Rest assured I'm in for the long ride - as much as my wife, work and studies allow me ;-) This website and forum have almost become my home-beyond-the-screen

As for the terminals, it requires a few more jumpers (or dedicated layouts) and bigger boards, but hell, debugging and swapping is ten times easier with those! plus I can get them cheap as greenie caps at my local store...

Phil, I'm far from a superior builder yet, although being unemployed from January til September sure has helped in my development

Cheers!

Re: Show your pedal guts!

Blackboarcult
Not exactly "pedal guts", but I'm quite proud of this week's build:

100W SS amp, with cornish buffer, STM's Speaker Saturation Simulator (adapted from Induction's layout), and Bajaman's Presence and Resonance, coupled with cheap-ass 100W mono amp and power source from ebay.

I placed a stereo jack output before the amp wired to stop signal from being feed into the amp when a jack is plugged in, for eventual DAW/Cabsim use after the FX.

Wiring is a bit off near the vero, but hey, I do what I can, my fingers are bratwurst-sized

I tested it with a Jackson tube preamp from the 80's, the Sunn Model T emulator, and the JCM800 emu, and I must say I REALLY like how it sounds. the combination of effects before the poweramp really gives a tube-y feel to it.

Again, thanks to all for all the layouts, inspiration and ideas!!

Re: Show your pedal guts!

Silver Blues
That's sweet I love it

Re: Show your pedal guts!

hendrixlp70

Lovepedal High powered Twin

Re: Show your pedal guts!

Sensei Tim
manta ray bass preamp

Re: Show your pedal guts!

sevrien

Re: Show your pedal guts!

Sensei Tim
Stingray 3-band bass preamp

Re: Show your pedal guts!

Sensei Tim
This post was updated on .
Transmission bass preamp - based on the Yamaha bb1200s preamp from the early 80s

Re: Show your pedal guts!

Really nice work. I made little eagle footprints for SMD JFETs as well because I love the idea of soldering those straight to the board instead of using adapter boards

Where did you get the PCB made?
1 ... 81828384858687 ... 91