Show your pedal guts!

1 ... 82838485868788 ... 91

Re: Show your pedal guts!

Sensei Tim
I had these done at JLC.

I’m probably going to start converting all of these to smd for everything except the electors.  Should be fun.

Re: Show your pedal guts!

Thanks I’m gonna try them for my next batch. Looks less expensive than oshpark and I like the white soldermask

Are you planning to make smaller pedals or just want to use SMD for another reason?

Re: Show your pedal guts!

Sensei Tim
Yeah they just started a new special - free shipping for new customers and then no charge soldermask upgrades.  No clue if this is a special or the new norm.

Re: Show your pedal guts!

Sensei Tim
Foxx tone machine

aside I have no idea why nabble is rotating my images on me.  frustrating.

Re: Show your pedal guts!

heuermh
FYA Garagemaster from the main page.

Most embarrassed by the board in this one -- my caps were not the same size as the layout, and I thought I'd adapt it on the fly rather than plan it out beforehand.  One skipped row, a jumper over a cut in the wrong place, and resistors running sideways later . . .

But it sounds great.

Spent several hours testing and auditioning unmarked Ge transistors that I obtained from an estate sale.  Above 100 Hfe the sound was rather classic rock, which isn't a compliment.  Settled on one with 34 Hfe and a bit of leakage, mushroom cloud of hiss.

Re: Show your pedal guts!

Sensei Tim
Sadowsky bass preamp.  The next board spin gets trimmers instead of resistors for q1 and q2

Re: Show your pedal guts!

OcularDawn
Hello everyone! Haven't built much lately though I'm  getting back in the swing of things after a forced break from recreational pursuits. Here is a Pep Box using a PCB from Ian at Ghosteffects. Haven't used PCB since my second ever build years ago and it's such a pleasant experience. Anyway what a fuzz, it roars. Back off on the volume and the dynamics are all there though it never gets clean. Highly recommend either building it from the main page or buying a PCB. ✌❤.

Re: Show your pedal guts!

Ooh that’s a thing of beauty. LOVE it

Re: Show your pedal guts!

OcularDawn
Thanks Travis!

Re: Show your pedal guts!

OcularDawn
Earthquaker Devices Speaker Cranker. D311 Germanium Diodes / ME4001 transistor. Pebeo Moon / Prism painted enclosure.

Re: Show your pedal guts!

bogey
I'm not breaking any new ground here

just a plain old Rat...I can't believe I didn't build this sooner, and anyone who hasn't should

It's now obvious to me why these were/are so popular.

Re: Show your pedal guts!

Sensei Tim
This post was updated on .
Etherverb - my take on shimmerverb using an fv-1

Re: Show your pedal guts!

Sensei Tim
This post was updated on .
Samurai distortion v2.0.  Has its roots in the crunch box.

Re: Show your pedal guts!

Another nice layout, Tim. I like the 3mm fresnel lens too

When did you start playing with the FV-1? If you care to share any thoughts on the FV-1 or a demo I’m certainly interested

Re: Show your pedal guts!

Sensei Tim
Thanks Travis!

I started messing around about 2 years ago when I was doing a lot of travel for work.  I ended up with a lot of time in airplanes and hotels and started messing with spincad.  I got the dev board originally but now you can get the pedal dev PCB from Bugg and it’s way more effective..

As soon as I have some free time I have a bunch of demos I need to put together.
MAO

Re: Show your pedal guts!

MAO
Madbean Rust Bucket w/1776 Opto-Tron bypass.

(Couldn't get a decent shot of the sparkly silver background with all the glare)

1978 Gibson Les Paul Standard, Cherry Sunburst
MAO

Re: Show your pedal guts!

MAO
This post was updated on .
Two more pcb builds, thanks again Alex for hooking me up with these!

Vfe Mobius Strip and Springboard, both with VFE inspired Opto-Tron bypasses.

1978 Gibson Les Paul Standard, Cherry Sunburst

Re: Show your pedal guts!

Sensei Tim
Travis,

shimmer reverb demo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bI97nztNWFw

shimmer chorus demo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cM-h7M3nx2c

Re: Show your pedal guts!

Thanks Tim! Looking forward to checking those out with headphones when I’m off work

Very cool artwork and construction on those last builds

Re: Show your pedal guts!

Wow Tim. That’s really impressive!!

Is there anything else like the shimmer chorus on the market? I’ve never heard anything quite like that. I think a lot of people could be interested in these..
1 ... 82838485868788 ... 91